Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 09-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default Would you trade Al Harrington for Josh?

Quote:
Golden State: They are desperate for frontcourt scoring and with the injury to Monta Ellis are desperate for any kind of scoring. They'd love to rid themselves of Al Harrington ($9.2 million this year, $10.02 million next season), who comes off the books in time for 2010. Walsh had Harrington in Indiana and though he does fit into the up-tempo style, he can be a maddening player to deal with on a daily basis. The Knicks would have to take another player to make the numbers match, which means another contract to throw on the pile. Newsday
The article is talking about the Knicks trying to acquire him, but I just thought it may be an idea for us too. Salaries are very similar. But Josh may be the better player (or is he?) Both can be a headache, thoughts?

p.s. I realize the F.O. wouldn't do it, they seem to stick by Josh regardless of what he does, but I"m just asking if you think they SHOULD do it if the opportunity was there. We need a player who won't fade in the clutch.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-26-2008 at 07:58 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

um..I think thats good~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

no thanks
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No. Maybe if they added a piece to the deal. As lazy as Josh has gotten Harrington is still a defensive downgrade. Harrington, Azubuike and a lottery protected 1st rd. pick might do it.
Or Howard, Bass and expirings for Harrington, S-Jax I would do in a heartbeat.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b
No. Maybe if they added a piece to the deal. As lazy as Josh has gotten Harrington is still a defensive downgrade. Harrington, Azubuike and a lottery protected 1st rd. pick might do it.
Or Howard, Bass and expirings for Harrington, S-Jax I would do in a heartbeat.
Wow..can you say overrating JOSH...boy good luck with that

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I would definitely not do this, Harrington is a chucker who plays no D.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Harrington and Azubuke for Josh sounds like a good time to me. Harrington sounds a little underrated to me (at least in this thread) but I doubt we'd get a first out of it as well.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I would not "do" Al Harrington...if Josh asked me to...or if anyone else did.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-22-2008 at 12:29 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #9
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, nikeball beat me to it. =P

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #10
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Um, no.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
I laughed, rep.
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nikeball again.
Guess I gave you rep recently, owe ya one.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-22-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
Um, no.
Nice sig. Is JHo in street clothes for a reason? =X

Hope you're not a fortune teller.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
I dunno if this changes depending on your browser, but when I'm on the forum browsing page, this is exactly what shows up for this thread: "Would you do Al Harrington"

That's it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
I dunno if this changes depending on your browser, but when I'm on the forum browsing page, this is exactly what shows up for this thread: "Would you do Al Harrington"

That's it.
I see the same thing...I was just going to ask one of the mods to destroy this thread so I don't have to see that anymore.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would do Al Harrington for Josh, why not he seems like a nice guy...
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
I would do Al Harrington for Josh, why not he seems like a nice guy...
I don't care how nice Josh is - there's no way I'd "do" Al Harrington for him (no matter how much he pays me!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-26-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

PFFT wow, uh no. I think we know what I meant... AL Harrington is a nice guy.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #18
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I would do Josh for Monta Ellis or even Andre Biedrens but not for Harrington.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd trade Stack and George for Harrington after Dec 15.

Then move JHo to starting SG and start:

Kidd, JHo, Harrington, Dirk, Damp
with a 2nd team of
Terry, Wright, Williams, Bass, Diop
and a bench of
JJB, Green, Singleton

RTerry and possibly Rhodes in the D-League.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #20
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Harrington wants out now, can't play for Nellie.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...or-don-nelson/

Quote:
...............Two NBA sources, both close to the Warriors veteran forward, told me that Al Harrington recently informed the Warriors that he does not want to play for Don Nelson any more and is requesting to be traded as soon as possible.

(There is no suggestion, however, that Harrington will walk out from the team if he isn’t traded before the stat of the season tomorrow.)

In fact, one league source with knowledge of the situation said that Harrington’s agent, Dan Fegan, is “actively working to get (Harrington) out of there” and that a few teams already have proposed tentative deals.

The problem: President Robert Rowell has final say on the money terms (do the Warriors take back long-term money?) and total veto power in all regards, Nelson has talent veto (who do the Warriors accept back as a fair deal?) and Chris Mullin is the one taking the trade calls (what’s the actual deal?).

The timing of this may seem odd, since Nelson just named Harrington the third and final team tri-captain, alongside Stephen Jackson and Andris Biedrins..........
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #21
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If Josh Howards value has dropped so low that all we can get for him is Al Harrington all I have to say is we're screwed. He needs to be a valuable trade piece, especially when we blow it up after this season.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #22
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Keep Josh for now... lets I want to see Carlisle work miracles! I believes in miracles!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #23
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Would you do ...

Josh + Stack + Bass

for

Stephen Jackson and Al?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd
Jackson
Harrington
Dirk
Damp/Diop

*drool

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nellie has a hard on of Nash proportions for Captain Jack. If they trade him he might quit again.

But yeah I make that trade.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger View Post
Would you do ...

Josh + Stack + Bass

for

Stephen Jackson and Al?
One thing about it, Carlisle would have the A-Holes he was looking for in training camp.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #27
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Looks like the Mavs are not going to "do" Harrington, or anybody else right now.

Quote:
Cuban On Harrington-To-Mavs Talk: 'Zero. None. Nada.'
DB.com Exclusive: Mavs 'Aren't Very Interested' In Unhappy Warrior
Mike Fisher -- DB.com

It’s not that the Mavs are unaware of Al Harrington, his talents and his desire to put his glorious years in Golden State behind him. (OK, actually, for the Warriors, it was more like a glorious couple of weeks, but anyway. …) It’s that the Mavs simply “aren’t very interested in him,’’ a source tells DallasBasketball.com, denying reported suggestions that Dallas is a bidder and adding that there have been no serious conversations between the two teams.
Adds Mavs owner Mark Cuban in an email to us: “There are no trade conversations going on.’’
Is that answer specific to Harrington only?
No, Cuban informs DallasBasketball.com. “No trade conversations going on with anyone about anybody. Zero. None Nada.’’

Maybe that will quell the buzz we hear about some a Jerry Stackhouse/Brandon Bass package for Harrington, and maybe it’ll quell the tales coming out of Northern California and New York and elsewhere that the Mavs are an enthusiastic trade partner.
Dallas is “willing to go with what we’ve got for now, certainly in the short term,’’ one team exec tells us, also suggesting that the scouting department “doesn’t really like’’ the disgruntled Harrington.
Now, “not liking’’ can always be relative. Our understanding is that the Mavs at this point certainly don’t think highly enough of Harrington to forfeit Jason Terry in an exchange. While they are absolutely willing to give up Stackhouse, they view Bass as a commodity. So if the Warriors are going to garage-sale the guy. …
But as San Jose writer Tim Kawakami points out, the 6-9 Harrington, “as a combo-forward with 3-point range and an OK contract is a guy a lot of teams like.
Adds Tim: “I’ve been told for a long time that as soon as Harrington officially is shopped there will be teams lining up to talk to the Warriors.’’
Possibly.
But consider the first reported (maybe) trade offer, at ESPN.com: The Knicks “may’’ have offered Eddy Curry. Blecch. Really?
Let us suggest that if Harrington’s value is more comparable to what the Knicks think (Harrington = Curry) than to what the respected Kawakami thinks (“Harrington = “A guy a lot of teams like’’) … then maybe the Mavs are right in not being one of those teams.
ESPN.com suggests that “two Western Conference teams’’ are in the bidding, and Kawakami speculates that those two teams are the Clippers and the Mavs.
We’re told Tim is guessing wrong on one of those. We’re told that by one source we will not ID here, and we’re told it quite firmly by Mark Cuban himself.
There are a number of other factors at play here – and NONE of them have anything to do with rivals Cuban and Don Nelson being among the point men for their respective teams. We’ve tried to illustrate this before, and we’re happy to do it again: There are some executives, coaches and staffers in every organization who dislike some other executives, coaches and staffers in other organizations. If there is a conflict between, say a Cuban and a Nellie – but it make sense for the two teams to talk – they still TALK.
Maybe Cuban and Nellie don’t. But the TEAMS STILL DO.
You think Nellie wouldn’t call Keith Grant? You think Paul Westphal can’t call Nellie? You think Dallas assistants like Mario Elle can’t talk with Warriors assistants like Larry Riley and Sidney Moncrief (both ex-Mavs assistants?) And oh yeah. … you think Donnie can’t call Dad? Ridiculous, as it the notion that Cuban and Nellie “wouldn’t want to help each other.’’ Um. … exactly which team in the West WOULD Cuban want to help? This isn’t charity, kids; this is trade talk, in theory the discussion about a fair swap.
Also. … why is Dallas always mentioned in any trade-related gossip? Peter Vecsey’s Sunday effort is typical: His headline and story screams out mentions of Jason Kidd and Mark Cuban. … but the actual red meat of the column includes nothing of Mavs-related substance.
The factors that are at play in making a Harrington-to-Dallas deal unlikely:
*The Mavs don’t see themselves as being in desperate need for a wing (again, as the source hints, at least not at this early stage). There is a commitment to letting Josh Howard take his rightful spot on the pecking order, and there is a commitment to the development of the LIBBs, Antoine Wright, Gerald Green and Shawne Williams. What Green did in particular in Game 2 in Minny feeds that’s commitment. (Don’t misinterpret this; nobody is saying a Shawne is superior to an Al. The Mavs are simply saying they believe their answers on the wing will come from a gaggle of players headed by Josh and Bass, and supported by at least one of the other kids.)
*The Mavs believe Brandon Bass is a commodity with untapped potential. Would they have traded him for a difference-making All-Star? Yes, which is why he was pitched to Sacto in the summer during the Artest talks. Would they make him a throw-in for a player in Harrington (career averages around 14 points and six rebounds per) who is as much a knucklehead as he is a talent?
They say no.
*This Harrington trade talk has been going on for quite some time. Nellie says he discussed it with the player over the summer. It’s out there in the open now that Harrington has demanded one. …
Or has he?
One day after going public with his demand, he said this:
“I love the Warriors. Since I got here I love this team.’’
Now, we’ll ignore syntax and verb conjugation and the like and just get to the point: In the trade-demand interview, Al talked almost wistfully about wanting to be “one of Nellie’s dudes.’’
“If you're not one of his dudes,’’ Harrington said, “you ain't never going to be one of his dudes.’’
We would suggest that much more than needing a trade, this 27-year-old kid needs a hug.
*Our Mavs source on this recited off the top of his head Harrington’s stat line in the Warriors’ opener: “What, 13 points, seven rebounds and 42 minutes, right?’’ (By the way, in Golden State’s second game, Al was much better and went off for 26/11.) We took the recitation to mean a couple of things: One, Dallas obviously has kept an eye on the guy. But two, and more importantly, what the source was trying to say is that Don Nelson likes Harrington and needs Harrington, no matter how much the player wants out, no matter how the player feels unwanted.
And indeed, here’s Nellie’s quote on the subject:
“I thought he had a pretty good year (last season). I had no complaints about his play. … “Sure, yeah, (the Warriors will look at a deal) if there's a player that makes sense. (But) you could say that about anybody on the team, really. We look at trades. That's part of our business -- trades. … Al's a good player. If we trade Al, we need a good player.’’
Nellie, do you want Harrington on the team? “Yeah,’’ he said. “I like Al.’’
And that’s not something the Mavs can really say.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-03-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #28
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Looks like the Mavs are not going to "do" Harrington, or anybody else right now.
Well.... don't get me wrong, I like our new-look team just as much as the next guy but, I'm not so sure that I would be so hell bent on having No trade conversations going on with anyone about anybody. Zero. None Nada.

There are some good players out there that are about to be on the block man. I still haven't jumped all the way off the Shawn Marion bandwagon. Still not convinced that he's not a better option for us than J-Ho.

Last edited by craggmac; 11-03-2008 at 01:49 PM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
I still haven't jumped all the way off the Shawn Marion bandwagon. Still not convinced that he's not a better option for us than J-Ho.
The thought of Dirk/Marion/Kidd still gives me a happy pants too...

Last edited by sike; 11-03-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: sheesh
Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Well.... don't get me wrong, I like our new-look team just as much as the next guy but, I'm not so sure that I would be so hell bent on having No trade conversations going on with anyone about anybody. Zero. None Nada.

There are some good players out there that are about to be on the block man. I still haven't jumped all the way off the Shawn Marion bandwagon. Still not convinced that he's not a better option for us than J-Ho.
Yeah I agree, I'm just the messenger not saying I agree with what Cuban said. I think this team needs to make a trade. As currently constructed I don't think this is a NBA Championship team.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-03-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The thought of Dirk/Marion/Kidd still gives me a happy pants too...
Now I can't say "b0ner" - REALLY???

People say it on TV all the time - I didn't know we were G-rated around here all of a sudden...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-03-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: prudish victorian values have no place in today's society
Old 11-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #32
SMC0007
Guru

I like the thought of Jkidd/Jho/Harrington/Dirk/DAmp better. Send some Bud light & chocolates over to Nellie along with stack/jet/DG, see what happens.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #33
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Now I can't say "b0ner" - REALLY???

People say it on TV all the time - I didn't know we were G-rated around here all of a sudden...
You got censored? LOL.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #34
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno how you can really take Cuban at his word...any owner or GM for that matter when it comes to personnel on your roster.

Tags
happy pants, underdog