Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

YEA!! Look who's finished with exams! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Will be heading back to the Metroplex this Saturday, just in time to start summer school next week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Anyone have any cool plans for the summer?
Old 05-08-2003, 04:39 PM   #2
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Tis me 52 weeks a year...

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:39 PM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

was going to try to take my gf to spain for her bday, but got too many bills to pay [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

was going to try to go to hong kong, but they got that tiny little epidemic known as SARS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

was going to try and go to the beach this summer, but i live in dallas and the closest thing we have to a beach is hurricane harbor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

edit
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my brother's getting married in june... i'm the best man so bachelor party time it is!
Old 05-08-2003, 05:17 PM   #6
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I close on my first House in 6 days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Keller residents, here I come. Leaving the wonderful city of Flower Mound to reside in your pleasant city. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

p.s. Anybody wanna help in planting New Sod and painting new walls? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Well it's autumn here, and it RULES!!
I just wish it would hurry up and get cold already!
All my jackets and scarves are ready to go.
Nothing beats a winter wardrobe.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

It is cool
summer is here
no more school
sad, no more mavs in tv
Old 05-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

summer sucks, get over it kids.
winter is where it's at!

Smile like you mean it
Old 05-08-2003, 08:16 PM   #10
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Winter sucks. I hate cold.

Summer rules. I like to wear as little clothing as possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 08:21 PM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

see i'm the exact opposite. I love the cold, hate the heat.
Unfortunately, it doesn't get very cold here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I like to wear as much as possible...and then some more! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 05-08-2003, 08:29 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Australia is, like a friend of mine
opposite to the righ
always wants a hot, always has a freak
put your wear on, and chill
Old 05-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i love cold weather, too. i like the summer ok, cause of basketball outside and all, but cold just feels better.

congrats on the house, ummmmmmmmmmmmm ok! i just closed on my first house 4/30.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:37 AM   #14
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<< Australia is, like a friend of mine
opposite to the righ
>>

Chiwas, are you speaking in haiku?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:35 AM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

<<

<< Australia is, like a friend of mine
opposite to the righ
>>

Chiwas, are you speaking in haiku?
>>

I only have read half of the first lesson of the eminem's course by mail. Haiku is the 6th. I´d want to jump to the 84th, Hip-Hop.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:05 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The local radio station here just announced it's lineup for Summerfest. So, other than friends flying out to spend a week in SF, we're going to the concert on June 14th as well.

Oh, the headliner this year is Lifehouse. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Along with Frankie Perez, Palo Alto, Plumb, Highwater Rising, Luce, and The Deuce Project.

They always top themselves...we've had Better Than Ezra, 5 for Fighting, The Calling, and many others I'm forgetting right now.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #17
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

A new job! A new job! A new job that will kick my butt!

Which means that I'll be buried in books for the next two weeks, trying to unearth the intricate secrets of interactive marketing strategy. And, sigh, less time to spend at dallas-mavs.com.

In a month, my 5 year college reunion. Pot-bellied and prematurely bald boys as far as the eye can see! Pregnant women! Nihilistic drinking! Business cards passed out by the dozen! Memories galore and wistful sighs at how old we all are! If the Mavs are still playing then, though, I'll be cruising the wilds of New Hampshire searching for a place to watch the games-- reunion be damned.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:37 AM   #18
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I have exactly one (1) day of &quot;vacation.&quot; That's today. Monday, I start Hell, otherwise known as Maymester Statistics. 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 2 weeks. I'm going to jump out a window.

In June &amp; July, I'm taking an Art class on Tuesdays &amp; Thursdays, &amp; a Government telecourse. Anytime I'm not in class, I will be working. Wheeeee! Not.

At least I'm home now so I can eat real food, not dorm cafeteria crap.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:13 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Ames, I'll trade you Organic Chem 2 for your art class [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

Ouch. As wonderful as that trade sounds, I think I'll pass. No more sciences for me, thank you AP Biology. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This Stat course is seriously kicking my butt. The first test is tomorrow! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #21
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

camping and tubing on the Guadelope - May
two weekend trips to San Diego - June
a long weekend in D.C. - July

tenative: weekend in San Antonio, and one in Gaveston
Old 05-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Man.....I loved organic chemistry....seriously. P-chem too.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:44 PM   #23
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< Man.....I loved organic chemistry....seriously. P-chem too. >>

Old 05-13-2003, 09:45 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Was sweets a Mu?

Old 05-13-2003, 09:48 PM   #26
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< Was sweets a Mu?

>>

No! However, I went to the university where Revenge of the Nerds was filmed.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:50 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Lambda Lambda Lambda kicks ass.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:58 AM   #28
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< Man.....I loved organic chemistry....seriously. P-chem too. >>

Organic chem was fun - probably because the prof kicked major ass. but i didn't like Inorganic. i hated that drnken, disgruntled, bully professor. the only reason i didn't drop the class was stubborness in the face of him telling me i should give up. such Jacka$$!

he finally came around. he's nice enough now (when i see him at mass during holidays).

edit: OH YEAH! It's camping and tubing the Guadelupe this weekend!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 01:15 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

organic chem 2 was the last of the 4 chemistry classes that i took at the university..not too bad.
well, maybe that's just because i enjoyed chemistry..oh well.

and smiles, you appear to be getting more violent in your old age
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #30
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< organic chem 2 was the last of the 4 chemistry classes that i took at the university..not too bad.

>>

i am in training today... and this particular co-worker does seem to bring out the attitude in me. he's can dish it out, but he gets all &quot;sensitive and defensive&quot; when we joke around in return. oh well.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:57 PM   #31
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< organic chem 2 was the last of the 4 chemistry classes that i took at the university..not too bad.

>>

i am in training today... and this particular co-worker does seem to bring out the attitude in me. he's can dish it out, but he gets all &quot;sensitive and defensive&quot; when we joke around in return. oh well.
>>

Well you know what NVE said ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]