Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all
Default Marquis Daniels signing with Celtics

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Free-agent guard Marquis Daniels has committed to sign with the Boston Celtics, a league source said Friday.

Daniels will receive the Celtics’ $1.9 million biannual salary-cap exception if the Indiana Pacers aren’t interested in a sign-and-trade deal. The 6-foot-6 Daniels averaged 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds in 54 games with Indiana last season, his third with the team. Daniels previously played three seasons with the Mavericks.

Daniels, 28, will help improve the Celtics’ perimeter depth. Boston signed free-agent forward Rasheed Wallace(notes) last week and remains interested in keeping forward Glen Davis(notes).
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Solid move for the Celtics. Their previously dangerously thin bench is starting to look pretty stout.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

It's kind of depressing that we could've had him for such a cheap price, but at least he's in the east. I'd like to hear something about Von Wafer in the next.. idk.. 2 hours or so.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
It's kind of depressing that we could've had him for such a cheap price, but at least he's in the east. I'd like to hear something about Von Wafer in the next.. idk.. 2 hours or so.
I'm not sure why it should be THAT depressing, it's Marquis Daniels haha.
We have a few different options at the 2 and 3 right now so it's going to have to be something solid in terms of an acquisition. The main priority needs to be at the 5 right now.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'm not sure why it should be THAT depressing, it's Marquis Daniels haha.
We have a few different options at the 2 and 3 right now so it's going to have to be something solid in terms of an acquisition. The main priority needs to be at the 5 right now.
Oh, I definitely agree that a 5 is more of a priority.. But 'Quis for the BAE? I'd be game for it for sure.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The celtics better watch their leaves.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
Oh, I definitely agree that a 5 is more of a priority.. But 'Quis for the BAE? I'd be game for it for sure.
Yea I agree. We need a 5 in here but you can never have too much depth. Especially this Mavs team. And at the 1.9 mill exception? I expected Marquis to get more. And he probably could've. Maybe he sees a higher reward in the near future with the Celtics.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, it is depressing that he went for so cheap. To think we could have add all those extra hand guns in Dallas, and dribbles deflecting off of brand new pairs of sneakers....pity. I guess we'll have to get our lackadaisical, pot smoking attitude from Josh.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:18 AM   #9
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but just think of how much having Quisy and Josh on the same team again would have stimulated the Dallas pot economy.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Justin Credible

You know, I really do think that having 'quis here would've been a great help to the team. It just makes sense to me (as someone else posted quite some time ago) that if Josh went on a downhill spiral production-wise once Devin was traded that if he got another friend here it would do the opposite. So we would've had 1 good player and 1 great player all in one trade.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

^^^lol, he doesn't have any minutes currently on team if he did come on. I find Celtic fans hilarious, they think this puts them over the top, and he will be a future star.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
Justin Credible

All hail Young Quisy?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Good move for the Celtics. Him and Wallace should get along just fine off the court too.

I really like the moves the Kings have been making but they've given me a wtf moment in that they'd rather have Sean May over Ike Diogu?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That's really cheap.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #15
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Does no one think Josh and Shawn will be friends?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Daniels is committed to going to Boston but apparently the Pacers and Celtics are trying to work a sign and trade. If they find a deal that suits both teams that's what will happen. If not Marquis will sign for the LLE.

Boston is rumored to be compiling some sort of package including some combination of guys like Walker, Pruitt, Tony Allen, and maybe Scalabrine. I'm not sure if Indy would add anyone else or not. A lot of this potential swap is about the money and contracts- not just the talent.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote