Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: The Kidd Fallout
I Like It 112 42.75%
I Don't Like It 150 57.25%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all
Default Kidd Trade: Like it or not?

Just wanted to do a little poll... to see how the DM.com reacts to the trade.

Got to keep it simple, only two options:
I like it
and
I don't like it.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the option for "Hate it"?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

They have to win a championship this year in order for it to be a net gain.

They won't, so it's not.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

sorry, my fault

Right I now DO hate the trade, i can tell you that.

Last edited by Pongo; 02-13-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

I'm so excited to see Jkidd in a mavs uniform again...he is going to springboard a new type of offense for Dirk and JHO that devin or jet could never generate for him. We still have the Jet/Dirk pick and roll to go on top with an even scarier JKIDD/Dirk pick and roll. I'm lovin it. I would like for Jkidd to take alot less shots than he did in NJ from the outside. We have good outside shooters around him here to the point where I don't think it's a problem.

Thumbs up, good trade!

P.S: Miss you Diop, you were the man
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I just got the news. Every freakin' time I go out of town.

I think Kidd will help but I don't like how much we had to give up. Especially Harris and Diop. Stackhouse will be back after a month but we'll miss him depth wise during that time.

Not to mention we had to throw in cash and two 1st round picks. Damn.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I think when Dallas goes on a long streak and people look at the box scores and see a bunch of 10-14 assist by Kidd, people will like it.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, I like it more than I dislike it. I am also including my curiosity as to how the team looks with Kidd as a "like."

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I think when Dallas goes on a long streak and people look at the box scores and see a bunch of 10-14 assist by Kidd, people will like it.
I think unless the offense changes dramatically, double digit assist nights from Kidd will be few and far between.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
HAHA, GOOD ONE
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #11
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I DONT LIKE IT!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think unless the offense changes dramatically, double digit assist nights from Kidd will be few and far between.
Thig I will mail you a handle of your favorite liquor if the Mavs offense doesn't look substantially different with Kidd running the point.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Thig I will mail you a handle of your favorite liquor if the Mavs offense doesn't look substantially different with Kidd running the point.
Substantially different or substantially better? Because we were pretty damn good in offensive efficiency with our team from yesterday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Well he better rack up those assists after what we are giving up for the mf....
I still can't believe Devin is not here anymore. I have spent the last hour watching highligts of the Spurs 06 series and the countless times he just blew by Duncan. ehhhhh......
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #15
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Horrible trade. I feel sick to my stomach.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Like it? I freakin' LOVE it!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #17
Pongo
Golden Member

ok, early trends from tonight's poll:
#1: DM.com is fairly split up about the Kidd trade
#2: Obama will win the nomination.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Substantially different or substantially better? Because we were pretty damn good in offensive efficiency with our team from yesterday.
It's hard to improve much in the regular season over what we had, but this offense will be substantially different, and eventually better once we reach the playoffs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #19
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Not to mention we had to throw in cash and two 1st round picks. Damn.
Yeah, the picks are completely ridiculous.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #20
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Not that I'm saying Harris is better than Kidd but his plus/minus stats are higher up slightly. Kidd is only at plus 4.4!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
Dor

Dor is on a distinguished road

Right now I do not like how much we gave up and I really like Harris.
Part of me is really wanting to see how Kidd does effect Howard and Dirk so I am trying to stay optimistic.
Dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #22
horse900703
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor
Right now I do not like how much we gave up and I really like Harris.
Part of me is really wanting to see how Kidd does effect Howard and Dirk so I am trying to stay optimistic.
I agree.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I don't like it. Very, very risky and the first round picks+ cash is insane.

I would have kept the picks and rolled the dice with Devin and Diop this year, and i am a huge fan of Jason Kidd. huge. but this is just too much. I heard it announced on the radio and they said it was for 'Jerry Stackhouse" and 3 others and I thought it was scrubs like Ager and JJ at the end of the bench.

But this trade is just bad.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I have to get over the fact that Harris is young and explosive, and his shot is getting better but may be injury prone.

Also, we need to get bigger, I think we've gotten smaller by losing Diop.

OTH, Kidd is a star on the court, and he single handedly propelled that USA team to untouchable status this past summer.

I guess I like it.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #25
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

I've lost faith in AJ, Cubes and management. After LA got Gasol for crap, and PHX got fair value for Marion, and then we pull something like this...

It's a sad day to be me...
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #26
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Kidd will hurt his knee(s) two weeks after being here, we barely make the playoffs, get knocked out in the first round and get stuck in a deep shit hole... I love this trade so much, I'm absolutely giddy!
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin_boi
I've lost faith in AJ, Cubes and management. After LA got Gasol for crap, and PHX got fair value for Marion, and then we pull something like this...

It's a sad day to be me...
Exactly how I feel. What do I do now? Torture myself in rooting for a wife beating point guard and giving up my favorite Mav in Harris? I have the feeling the 90's mavs will be here in a few years.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #28
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Both Thig. I think you can pretty much kiss the days of Howard dribbling the ball around goodbye. I see more effective pick and rolls. I see Dallas' fg% go up, as well as assist. I see the amount of bad shots going way down as well.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #29
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I like it inasmuch that J-Kidd is clearly desperate for another go at the championship, not to mention the fact that we're finally going to get some insanely consistent play at the point guard for a change. I really feel like our window with the current roster is 3 years tops, so having a triple double machine at the point during that time can't be a bad thing.

That's the perspective I'm going to look at it from until it's proven that Jason isn't going to work. Until that time, I'll assume that he's going to make our offense a heck of a lot better at the very least.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #30
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

At first I want to say that I don´t understand that we added picks and cash, because I think we already give up enough for Kidd. Here is whom we give up in this trade:

Harris: quickness and defense (will be a great point guard in the future)
Diop: nice defense, shot blocker and rebounder but rarely used by Avery
George: rarely played under Avery and therefore already demanded a trade
Stack: probably will be back in Mavs uniform after 30 days
Ager: who cares
Picks and cash

So I voted for "Like it"

I like Devin a lot and don´t like it that he has to go in this trade either. He will have a great future I think and already is one of the best defensive point guards. But first and foremost the purpose of a point guard is to create offense! And here is Kidd a major upgrade to Devin. Devin is much quicker at this point and has better defense, but Kidd has a way better court vision and passing ability and that is the most important at this position.

At three point shooting they are equal and if Kidd plays together with such good shooters as Dirk, Terry and Josh, his FGQ will also go up in my opinion. If we now could get Miller as (tall) shooting guard maybe for KVH here too, the only hole will be a backup center which we probably could get for the remaining mid level exception. So I think this trade was not that bad as it may seem at first glance.

Dirk is not getting any younger, so the future is now!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #31
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

SAD. I don't have a date for Valentine's and now this? Oh well, at least we get Jason Kidd.
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #32
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
I like it inasmuch that J-Kidd is clearly desperate for another go at the championship, not to mention the fact that we're finally going to get some insanely consistent play at the point guard for a change. I really feel like our window with the current roster is 3 years tops, so having a triple double machine at the point during that time can't be a bad thing.

That's the perspective I'm going to look at it from until it's proven that Jason isn't going to work. Until that time, I'll assume that he's going to make our offense a heck of a lot better at the very least.
I happy with a double-double machine. The rebounds are icing.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #33
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Love it. There is nothing people should be complaining about considering this boards antics over the past month. A bunch of whiny little b's.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #34
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Love it. There is nothing people should be complaining about considering this boards antics over the past month. A bunch of whiny little b's.
Exactly. I don't understand why so many on this board are complaining. This is the same board yesterday that said this team HAD to make a trade and shake things up, and that this team was absolutely doomed. Well, we made a trade. What did you think we were going to get a Pau Gasol type trade? Those trades don't grow on trees, you know.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #35
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Exactly. I don't understand why so many on this board are complaining. This is the same board yesterday that said this team HAD to make a trade and shake things up, and that this team was absolutely doomed. Well, we made a trade. What did you think we were going to get a Pau Gasol type trade? Those trades don't grow on trees, you know.
Are you kidding? Nobody was talking about trading away Devin Harris. Seriously look around and ask yourself how is trading 1/4 of our team for an aging PG with knee problems going to help us? People were talking about picking up players like Mike Miller or Maggette not trading Harris... I seriously think this deal is all BS and ESPN writers were trying to stir something up, and when nothing came up they had to find a way to "dump" the deal.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a third option: "don't have a clue what the deal IS"????

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #37
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I don't like it. We needed a back up pg, to back up Harris. We didn't need more 40 year old players. If we win a title this year, then maybe it was worth it but Kidd doesn't have long left. Can Kidd play half court and remember, we do not have Jefferson and Carter as they play the complete opposite of Dirk. Maybe we are going to change Avery to Don Nelson and start playing Gs and Phx style but i thought Harris was good in that style also.

Allen, Dirk and Bass at center, with Dampier? Again i do not like that. The Nets come our smelling like a rose. Harris will be good with Jefferson and Carter. Faz will be comming up fast for us.

The more i look at this, the Nets made out like a bandit. We got robbed. No i don't like this, i hate it. How many more 40 year old players do we need? People complain night and day because Terry is our back up pg and now guess who your back up pg is? Terry. Guess who your great shooting guard is now? Eddie the great Jones. Guess who our centers are now backing up what we have? Bass, Allen and Dirk. Plus we lose Diop. Now if Dampier and Kidd get hurt, we are sunk.

We need more paint points? You lose Harris and you will get less paint points. Carter and Jefferson are not on this team and those two guys are track stars and dunk champions. We just lost our track star in Harris. Maybe i am wrong and maybe now we will win a title but i see us being worse. I hope i am wrong.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #38
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Don't like it.

The Mavs are still a team of very poor jumpshooters... and now they've traded away their only penetrator. So Kidd can run around and dish the ball to a bunch of guys who stand outside the arc and miss 3 point shots.

Great.

They NEEDED to make a trade, but not for a point guard, and certainly not one they're giving up this much for.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #39
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar
Are you kidding? Nobody was talking about trading away Devin Harris. Seriously look around and ask yourself how is trading 1/4 of our team for an aging PG with knee problems going to help us? People were talking about picking up players like Mike Miller or Maggette not trading Harris... I seriously think this deal is all BS and ESPN writers were trying to stir something up, and when nothing came up they had to find a way to "dump" the deal.
You do realize how few tradeable assets the Mavs have besides Devin Harris, don't you? I mean if we could really just pluck a player like Mike Miller out of thin air, don't you think the Mavs would have done it by now?

Welcome to the reality of the trading world. You have to give something if you want to get something. Sure the Lakers got Pau Gasol for nothing, but they are the exception, not the rule. For the most part, you aren't going to make a trade in the NBA without giving up a good piece. And trust me, the Mavs have very few tradeable assets on this team other than Devin Harris. Yeah this Pau Gasol trade has gotten everyone's hopes up about using expiring contracts only, but I seriously doubt we see another trade like that come along in a while.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #40
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
You do realize how few tradeable assets the Mavs have besides Devin Harris, don't you? I mean if we could really just pluck a player like Mike Miller out of thin air, don't you think the Mavs would have done it by now?

Welcome to the reality of the trading world. You have to give something if you want to get something. Sure the Lakers got Pau Gasol for nothing, but they are the exception, not the rule. For the most part, you aren't going to make a trade in the NBA without giving up a good piece. And trust me, the Mavs have very few tradeable assets on this team other than Devin Harris. Yeah this Pau Gasol trade has gotten everyone's hopes up about using expiring contracts only, but I seriously doubt we see another trade like that come along in a while.
Yes and I think we can get more for Harris as this trade doesn't help Dallas this late in Kidd's career. I see Kidd as almost untradeable due to his age and his salary but I guess there is one dumb GM that will do something like this.

Tags
jason kidd