Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Simple experiment: Take 20 random NBA fans and ask them who the best clutch shooter last regular season was. You think two of them (to beat my 95%) would name Kris Humphries?
You didn't establish "95% of the time," there. You established one instance of 95% error. You are a stats guy...you don't get this??

The honest way to examine the "problem" that you have proposed is to determine some sort of way to rate a player's ability, and then to compare it to the "eye test" or "sniff test" that an ordinary fan would use.

Here's a hint: Most people are going to use their "eye test" and decide that Dirk is good, and they are going to be right.

You are using your "95% wrong" thing in a very narrow context...and I might add, one that is entirely irrelevant the discussion in this thread.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid