Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2003, 10:38 PM   #1
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

The writing is on the wall: a first round exit at the hands of Kobe & Shaq!! The Mavericks are going to have to learn two things: 1) a killer instinct, & 2) how to avoid choking!! I sure hope we can pull off some trades or signings THIS offseason or we will become the new Utah Jazz/New York Knicks: perrenially decent, out in the first two rounds!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2003, 11:11 PM   #2
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

2 things:
both jazz and knicks had been to the nba finals;
whether mavs exit during the 1st round or not, they have to learn those two things;
Old 03-30-2003, 02:10 AM   #3
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Oh Look the skies falling in!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 02:33 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It's always nice to see a "fan" being confident.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The mavs magic number is 8 so really if they go 8-2 its over and the mavs get the one seed. Funny the spurs lose to lower rung teams after they beat a good team. NY that all-star team swept san antonio. Minnesota comes in to san antonio and beats them in OT.

Funny how everyone assumes the mavs will fail. When the kings have five times. The spurs postseason record against LA the last two years in the playoffs is 8-1. While the mavs if they face them in the conference finals have nothing to fear. The majority of the lakers wins over the mavs were win the mavs were a cupcake of a franchise. Remember the 97 cowboys if we get there we will just turn it on. The lakers switch will be turned off for good this postseason.

Rumblings and Grumblings:
The point is the mavs beat the teams they are supposed to beat and are the most consistent team in the NBA. Forget whining about rebounding and defense which is improved this mav team might overcome them. They rarely turn the ball over if ever 10.7 and force 14 or so turnovers per game which equals more possessions. So getting outrebounded evens out.

Just wait for that ship of the lakers to go. Well with rick fox derek fisher and robert horry playing very ordinary the lakers go with mark i can't dance madsen. Bring them on.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Earth to Disaster:

THE LAKERS ARE 7TH SEED.

are you hoping to play the Mavs b/c you're scared of the Kings.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:48 PM   #7
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

If we end up tied with SA, we're suddenly the #3 seed. Our last game is against the Spurs, in San Antonio. If we only have a 1 game lead going into that game, they're going to beat us because we can't win the big ones. I am a "disgusted" fan. I don't care if we play our best & lose to the better team; I hate it when we are the better team & we choke. For the record, if we don't choke, we are the best team in the league, and we should win it all this year! Somehow, the Mavs have to learn to win the big games!
Old 03-30-2003, 09:50 PM   #8
Captain Disaster

If Bradley had only dunked the ball with 50 seconds to go in the last SA game instead of trying to lay it in like a pansy (especially since NO ONE was within FOUR FEET of him!!), we wouldn't be in this position. When is Bradley going to become the STUD that we all know he can be!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:02 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

geez....get a grip dude.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:03 PM   #10
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Bradley already is a stud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:22 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

In this position? You mean first place with a two game lead? Gosh...how horrible. How the hell are we ever going to recover?

Oh the horror......

hide the women and children....

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:47 PM   #12
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

<<
The point is the mavs beat the teams they are supposed to beat
>>

And if the playoffs had the Mavericks against the &quot;teams they are supposed to beat&quot; the Mavericks would, no doubt, be favored. Problem being that the Mavericks actually have a losing record against the other WC playoff squads. Are those teams the Mavericks are supposed to beat? Maybe, Maybe not. They are certainly, however, the teams the Mavericks will have to beat.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #13
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

If I am not mistaken, I think this Captain Disaster hangs out in the ESPN Spurs forum.

We might have a troll here guys.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:01 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I'll take &quot;Lame Troll&quot; for $1000 please, Alex.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:11 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

debate him and find out...just calling him out as a troll doesn't do any good.

if he's a troll, his true colors will shine through..if not, then he's not
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #16
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

<< debate him and find out...just calling him out as a troll doesn't do any good.

>>

It might be mistaken identity...I'm just going off of memory. Either way, I don't care enough about putting forth the effort to find out for sure.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:36 PM   #17
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

<<

<< debate him and find out...just calling him out as a troll doesn't do any good.

>>

It might be mistaken identity...I'm just going off of memory. Either way, I don't care enough about putting forth the effort to find out for sure.
>>

Nevermind
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:06 PM   #18
Captain Disaster

You're definitely mistaken; this is the ONLY board that I have time to visit. After tonight, we'll have a better idea about whether or not the Mavs are contenders or pretenders this year; can they keep pace with SA?
Old 04-04-2003, 03:43 PM   #19
Captain Disaster

It's always great to use ad hominem responses when you have no logical reply to an argument.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:51 PM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

isn't there a Laker board, why don't you try to go to it Disaster. Where were you when the Spurs swept Lakers, or when dallas BEAT Lakers by 26?????????
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 11:13 PM   #21
Captain Disaster

As I said, see above.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #22
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

So you are a Lakers fan, but only have time to go to a Mavericks Board. I'm confused?

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 05:44 PM   #23
Captain Disaster

No, I'm a diehard Mavs fan who can't sleep at night still thinking about the incredibly inane moves we made in the offseason and will likely continue to make. I realize that the past is the past, and I also realize that the Mavs have once again exceeded this season's overall expectations; what really is disheartening is how they don't seem to have ANY inside presence or a strong bench that can battle the three other good teams.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:00 PM   #24
Captain Disaster

It looks like the Lakers are the 6th seed after losing to Portland today; barring a miraculous series win over the Lakers, this is likely Nellie's swan song.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:11 AM   #25
Captain Disaster

Bring on LA!!
Old 04-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #26
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

It's going to be tough but I tell you what, that would make it GREAT if the Mavs are the team to eliminate the Lakers. It's not going to be easy but it could happen.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:23 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

What a picture!:

First round, Lakers
Second round, Kings
Final, Spurs

Playtime, New Jersey

Old 04-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #28
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Mavs Vs lakers - Mavs win 4-2(first round)
Mavs vs Kings - Mavs win 4-3(second round)
Mavs vs Suns - Mavs win 4-2)(WC-Finals)
Mavs vs Anyone - Mavs win 4-0 (FINALS).
Old 04-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #29
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one who is praying we play the lakers?
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 02:09 PM   #30
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

<< What a picture!:

First round, Lakers
Second round, Kings
Final, Spurs

Playtime, New Jersey
>>

We still wouldn't get any respect from the media if we won the Championship and we had to beat those teams. They would come up with some excuse. As they always do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 02:11 PM   #31
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

<< Am I the only one who is praying we play the lakers? >>

Probably. But I see an advantage in it. Namely, that we will immediately be able to judge the progress of the team. I wouldn't like to coast past the Suns and Wolves, lose in the WCF, and then think everything is dandy in the off-season.

If we beat the Lakers, we're in great shape. If we lose in the firs round, at least we will probably get a serious re-evaluation over the summer of the direction the team is taking. We might even realize the necessity of some good defense and low-post play. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 02:15 PM   #32
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

<< Mavs Vs lakers - Mavs win 4-2(first round)
Mavs vs Kings - Mavs win 4-3(second round)
Mavs vs Suns - Mavs win 4-2)(WC-Finals)
Mavs vs Anyone - Mavs win 4-0 (FINALS).
>>

You can wake up now... there is no way the Suns will beat the Spurs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Might not be such a bad thing playing the Lakers... since everyone is ready count us out, might as well bet all our chips and see where they fall.
I agree with Ariosto. Wake-up-call is best served fast and cruel.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #33
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I tell you what, I think the Lakers will be the toughest team to beat out of the Spurs and Kings in the playoffs.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:23 PM   #34
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Are you sure about that. The suns beat them twice at home and the last one was pretty convincing. ANd it doesn't look good but if nowitzki gets 40 every game who knows he has been a beast lately. The mavs choked away the one seed bottom line.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote