Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light
Default "(Whoever) should be MVP because their team loses when they dont play"...

I am sick of this argument... I have heard it now for Steve Nash, DWhistle and TBack

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me how sitting on the bench with an injury makes you the most valuable player in the league???
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

TBack... Hahahahaha!

Rep!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

haha every team is full of very talented players that their team depends on to win. Its only one minor part of being qualified to be an MVP

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...000#post684000

i hate how experts use "since they're losing without him he has to be MVP." i think most valuable player means someone who is there all the time. constantly helping your team out to achieve its goals. like DIRK. he has done everything we asked of him. score, pass, play defense, whatever we need on a given night. AND he doesnt miss games. after he got hurt playing the sonics (in what looked to be the most terrible ankle injury ive ever seen) he came back and played the next day. and that is MOST VALUABLE to me. just because your team sucks without you does not make you most valuable. there are reasons why people dont get awards for missing (significant) amount of games. but the question is..how many is too many? if the mavs finish 67-15 or something like that and dirk doesnt win MVP. there should be hell raising.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I also hate the comment that Dirk gets so much help while the other <insert player here> has to carry the team.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

we all have different definitions...
mine is fairly simple: best player on the best team, so I can say without feeling like a homer that the diggler should get it this year.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It should be the best player on the best team, who shouldn't be penalized for the depth of the team. Dirk doesn't put together a team, no dumb ass analyst realizes that. Listening to those retards on Around The Horn just made me realize that opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. Guess what? Everyone on these boards has as much of an opinion as they do, so never let analysts claim who is the best team or mvp. Most people in this league just want who they want to win. Its all biased nonsense, and I'm biased too. If Shaq is saying the MVP is tainted, there is a huge problem with the league that keeps getting worse. The League is tained. Perception is reality.

Go Mavs

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Whatever the rules might imply, to me it clearly shows that wherever you look, whatever you base your judgement on, Dirk IS the MVP of this season. Dang! Anybody who cant see that has a serious sight problem. I recommend they go to the nearest EENT doctor and get some treatment before it's too late.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

It's Most Valuable Player not Most Injured Player. It should go to the player who does the most to lead his team to meaningful wins. No player should get credit for helping their team lose by sitting their injured @$$ out. Now, I'd give credit to a player who helps their team win when they are injured via leadership. But giving credit for their team losing because they got a boo boo is just stupid.

This year's MVP baring some dramatic change should be a no-brainer. It's Dirk by a landslide.

1) Dirk is putting up MVP worthy numbers 25+ PPG, > 50 fg% > 42 3pt% > 90 Ft% >9 rpg > 3 apg
2) Dirk's team has best record in NBA
3) Dirk's team has best record in NBA' s toughest conference
4) Dirk's team has best record in NBA's toughest division
5) Dirk's team will fiinish with one of best records in history of NBA
6) Dirk's team hasn't lost more than once to any single team
7) Dirk's team is 11-0 in 2nd games of back to back
8) Dirk steps up game on road where rest of team struggles
9) Mavs have best road record in NBA
10) Mavs have best home record in NBA

There's many more reasons, but those 10 should suffice to end any serious discussion of there being a legit contender to Dirk for MVP.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #10
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

How about tonight's headlines on ESPN: Nash leads the Suns to victory (despite getting 23 and 18 from Amare), while JOSH leads the Mavs to victory (despite only scoring 17 while Dirk goes 23 and 14)!

I hate the media; this reminds me of the unbelievable MSM liberal bias in politics. It seems like the media wants anyone to win but the Mavs, and anyone to be MVP but Dirk. I really think that if they are given the opportunity, they will give Nash his THIRD MVP, rather than Dirk! And Nash is also white, and also from another country so you can't use that argument.

I hope that the Mavs have not peaked; I hope we are seeing just the beginning of YEARS of success like we are enjoying now so we can silence ALL of these crazy idiots on ESPN.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I say he's MVP specifically BECAUSE he doesn't want to find out how his team will play without him. Stupid how dumbasses actually hold that against him.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 PM   #12
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

singin to the choir
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Give him the ring and make him the first player to be mvp+finalsmvp+champion
Old 02-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am wrong tim duncan has done it already
Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforever
Give him the ring and make him the first player to be mvp+finalsmvp+champion
What in the hell are you talking about??? Have you ever heard of Michael Freaking Jordan, or Shaq, or Larry Bird just to name a few. Hell Jordan was MVP+All-Star MVP+Finals MVP+Champion.

Now adding Dirk to MVP+FinalsMVP+Champion list would be a great accomplishment. But he'd be a good ways down that list from being 1st.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #16
DavidSternRiggedTheFinals
Banned

DavidSternRiggedTheFinals is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
It should be the best player on the best team, who shouldn't be penalized for the depth of the team. Dirk doesn't put together a team, no dumb ass analyst realizes that. Listening to those retards on Around The Horn just made me realize that opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. Guess what? Everyone on these boards has as much of an opinion as they do, so never let analysts claim who is the best team or mvp. Most people in this league just want who they want to win. Its all biased nonsense, and I'm biased too. If Shaq is saying the MVP is tainted, there is a huge problem with the league that keeps getting worse. The League is tained. Perception is reality.

Go Mavs

^^^ Wow, that was amazing

Last edited by DavidSternRiggedTheFinals; 02-27-2007 at 11:39 PM.
DavidSternRiggedTheFinals is offline   Reply With Quote