Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-27-2004, 03:47 PM   #41
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:MAV BASHING

Quote:
Originally posted by: seal614
and if Dampier ended up on the Knicks.....

what do you guys think they would all say about that? what would stephen a. say??

probably involve some NYC dick-riding.

- Brian
Ha ha, I have to be honest here and say that if Dampier got an huge contract from the Knicks I probably would have said it was terrible idea.

Stephen A. Smith is still an idiot though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #42
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default RE: MAV BASHING

i think this is the first time i have actually agreed with Erica, but c'mon madape, you can do better than Laettner and Najera being "solid rotation players".
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #43
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

The most unsetteling thing about Dampier is the fact that Isiah's Knicks was interested.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:48 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
The most unsetteling thing about Dampier is the fact that Isiah's Knicks was interested.
Funny, I posted two articles lately that pointed to the fact that they were. I guess you just have an aversion to posting anything that could be supported by the evidence.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #45
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
stirring up controversy, creating resentment between fans of their respective teams, boosting tv ratings because of his outrageous remarks.. hes doing his job. =p
most excellent point.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:09 PM   #46
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
Funny, I posted two articles lately that pointed to the fact that they were. I guess you just have an aversion to posting anything that could be supported by the evidence.
You posted his evidence.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:15 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

oops. Faux pas. Blast the two letter negative. It doesnt even have spaces on either side to make itself clear.

I'm supposed to understand that we have reason to question Dampier's abilities because New York indeed wanted him and bad???
Old 10-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #48
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Yes
Old 10-27-2004, 11:30 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Im so sorry about the miscommunication there. I still don't understand why Memphis and New York wanting Dampier bad would be a hit on Dampier.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:32 PM   #50
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they wanted Tim thomas and Starbury, and Isaiah is a running joke for alot of NBA fans, but it would have easier to read if he had used "were" vs "was".
Old 10-27-2004, 11:36 PM   #51
dirk2003

yeah, my fault on that. i first wrote Isiah... so was worked before i added "Isiah's knicks"
Old 10-30-2004, 07:09 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

On the Sportcenter segment, Fact or Fiction, Greg Anthony and the other guy said that it was a fiction that Dallas would be worse this year than last. Both agreed that Dallas would be better. Stephen Ahole Smith was shocked. He totally disagreed in his own charming way. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:27 PM   #53
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Of course, anyone who has a negative opinion of any of the Mavs players must be a fool, idiot, moron, etc... That's the way it goes on Dallas-Mavs.com these days. Everything is wonderful and it's the rest of the world who's crazy.

I agree with your post here. Just because someone gives their opinions on the Mavs and it's negative doesn't make them out to be an idiot. However I do disagree with them. This is far from the worst acquisition move of the summer. I think you could give those nods to guys like Turkoglu or Okur.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:43 PM   #54
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On the Sportcenter segment, Fact or Fiction, Greg Anthony and the other guy said that it was a fiction that Dallas would be worse this year than last. Both agreed that Dallas would be better. Stephen Ahole Smith was shocked. He totally disagreed in his own charming way. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I saw that last night and Screamin A. is just another one of those people who see that we lost Nash, so we lost everything. And another thing that got me cheesin' was the fact they said a lot of good things about Dallas without mentioning Dirk NOWITZKI. Now that's saying something good.

And C'mon cut the guy some slack I know his name...I think it's Jim somethin' right?
Old 10-30-2004, 08:06 PM   #55
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: samoan-maverick
Quote:
I saw that last night and Screamin A. is just another one of those people who see that we lost Nash, so we lost everything. And another thing that got me cheesin' was the fact they said a lot of good things about Dallas without mentioning Dirk NOWITZKI. Now that's saying something good.

And C'mon cut the guy some slack I know his name...I think it's Jim somethin' right?

Can you blame them though? Nash was the reason our offense was so successful in the past. In the medias eyes if that key to the engine isn't there than how will the car start? I don't agree with them but the media has a legit concern when it comes to whether or not the Mavs will be as successful as last. I don't think it's a given that the Mavs will be a good team next season.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:36 PM   #56
dirk2003

The only thing that pisses me off is that all of a sudden Nash became the reason that the Mavs won games. It was all because of Nash, now that he left. When he was here no one in the fucking media gave a single shit about him. Now he was the sole reason Mavs were competetive. I say, Fuck ESPN and Fuck that whole idea.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:19 PM   #57
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can you blame them though?
Yes. They get paid good money to know what they're talking about.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:53 PM   #58
FreshJive
Diamond Member

"When he was here no one in the fucking media gave a single shit about him."

I'm not sure where you have been but "Nash is the engine that runs the mavs" was a very common media soundbite last year. The way the Mavs were previously constructed Nash was the reason they won games. It is lazy that they won't pay attention to the new additions, but we just found out that DHWS.