Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:30 AM   #121
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

hopefully They turn it around tomorrow, I'd hate to go into LA and get swept .
Old 04-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #122
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It ain't nuthin' but a whole lotta ugly right now.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #123
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Well, as promised, I booed the hell out of Buck everytime I saw him, and was asked to leave my seat by security.

I have to say though, support is growing among the ranger fans to let go of buck as soon as possible.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 04-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #124
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

wow, this team is terrible right now. I am glad I didn't buy that package deal of tickets this year. Mabey later on in the season, but sure as hell not right now. good thing the Mavs are good or else I would have to shoot myself.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #125
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

great win today. padilla, alfonseca, otsuka, cordero pitching decent. wilkerson finally got a hit. kinsler still lookin' like this year's ROY. there's still hope for this team. now if they can only win when padilla isn't pitching...

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #126
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
Well, as promised, I booed the hell out of Buck everytime I saw him, and was asked to leave my seat by security.

I have to say though, support is growing among the ranger fans to let go of buck as soon as possible.
They asked you to leave for booing? What a crock of poo. You go Crippler!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #127
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

F" ROY for Kinsler
I say he's in for an ALL STAR appearance
Old 04-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #128
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler

I'm just saying, THAT's a fan.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #129
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
F" ROY for Kinsler
I say he's in for an ALL STAR appearance

7 games.....7 games.....I agree....but......7 games......
Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #130
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i love kinsler but he looks to be next in line right behind C young and mench to be beloved way more than he should be. Either that or he really will be the next mike young and he will deserve all of it.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #131
Drbio
Banned

Here's hoping that the Young-Kinsler super duo will be together for years and years.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #132
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

We need to start up a Texas version of the Padilla Flotilla!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #133
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I'm glad Wilkerson finally hit the ball. Does Nix have a hit yet? I bet not.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #134
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I'm glad Wilkerson finally hit the ball. Does Nix have a hit yet? I bet not.
0-15 for Nix! In his defense, Adrian Brown is getting a lot of his playing time with the same terrible production and that makes it hard for him to ever find a groove. Nix was really hitting the ball well in the first couple of games, it just seemed that the ball always found a fielder! No one here is under the illusion that Nix is ever going to be anything more than a 4th or 5th outfielder though, right? If Nix is staring for us in CF, LF, or RF, we will always have one HELLUVA hole offensively!

HURRY BACK GMJ, (did I really just say that?)!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #135
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I thought I saw GMJ playing the other day? I guess I was wrong?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I thought I saw GMJ playing the other day? I guess I was wrong?
That was Adrian Brown. GMJ is on a rehab assignment.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #137
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

oh
Old 04-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #138
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
0-15 for Nix! In his defense, Adrian Brown is getting a lot of his playing time with the same terrible production and that makes it hard for him to ever find a groove. Nix was really hitting the ball well in the first couple of games, it just seemed that the ball always found a fielder! No one here is under the illusion that Nix is ever going to be anything more than a 4th or 5th outfielder though, right? If Nix is staring for us in CF, LF, or RF, we will always have one HELLUVA hole offensively!

HURRY BACK GMJ, (did I really just say that?)!!!
Since you brought it up, allow me to vent:

I understand that Buck likes to take young hitters slow. Hank was platooned for a very long time. I understand that Nix is struggling. But does anyone really think platooning Nix with what is essentially a borderline AAA outfielder a good idea? Really? What exactley is it accomplishing, to take at bats away from Nix while he's still looking for his first hit, to let someone that is simply here as a place holder get at bats? I do not understand the logic.

Let Nix play until GMJ is back, and then see where you're at.

Incidentally, I hope you're not under the illusions that GMJ is anything more than a 4th outfielder either. He had a nice year last year, but his track record suggests he is a 4th outfielder. Nix is probably the same, but at least he still has a little potential.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-10-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #139
Just211
Platinum Member

I can't wait until GMJ returns. I know he's not a great player, but his D is just as good as NIX, but GMJ doesn't seem to go into slumps like NIX. PLus with both in the rotation, it makes the entire outfield stronger.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #140
Just211
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
7 games.....7 games.....I agree....but......7 games......
yeah, that what the smiley face was for.
But with affection the media has had so far in his brief career, I could see him picking up some pub for the spot.
As long as he continues to perform well
Old 04-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #141
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Incidentally, I hope you're not under the illusions that GMJ is anything more than a 4th outfielder either. He had a nice year last year, but his track record suggests he is a 4th outfielder. Nix is probably the same, but at least he still has a little potential.
Did you not see my (did I really just say that?) note? I know that he isn't much of an upgrade over Nix, but rest assured, he IS an upgrade. Nix is an enigma. He looks the part, but he just can't get it done - and he NEVER will!

I have been one of the few Buck supporters on this site, but I think I am starting to see what everyone is talking about. Dickey's game was the straw that broke my back I do believe.

By the way, did anyone else want to see a fastball connect to the groin of that friggin Shelton kid in this past Det series? I mean COME ON... Walk the guy or something... HOME RUN, HOME RUN, SINGLE, DOUBLE, HOME RUN, TRIPLE, SINGLE, TRIPLE... Oh yeah, that is 3 games worth of damage!!! Hit the dude or walk him but stop letting this guy kill you! Ugh!

This dude killed us:

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-10-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #142
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

He didn't kill Padilla. Dude mowed him down... Treated him like the bitch that he is.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #143
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
He didn't kill Padilla. Dude mowed him down... Treated him like the bitch that he is.
Which is why I said he did all of that in "3" games, not 4!

Padilla has been great so far for us. I didn't realize he pitched that fast and was so good at mixing that fastball between 89-95 to fool the batters!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #144
Drbio
Banned

How nice would it be to have Dellucci right now......
Old 04-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #145
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

So does anyone else like the nickel and dime dp combo nickname that has been brought up for MY and kinsler? I kinda like it actually. Curious what others think.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #146
Just211
Platinum Member

yeah, thats pretty good. Might take some people a minute to figure it out, but I like it
Old 04-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #147
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

nickel and dime??? ah, ok, i get it now. that's pretty clever there five. kinsler is slowly becoming my second favorite player right after mike young.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #148
Five-ofan
Guru

Sad thing is ive only gotten to watch 3 games this year Fortunately 2 of them have been the 2 wins.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #149
jly
Dirk for MVP

hmm....rangers are .667 when five watches them. my conclusion is, five needs to watch more games and help the rangers out.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #150
Drbio
Banned

Lost again.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #151
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
yeah, thats pretty good. Might take some people a minute to figure it out, but I like it
What, do they wear jersey numbers 5 and 10? If not, I'm clueless. If so, I guess it's okay, if they become a prolific pairing. Otherwise I'd consider it overdone.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:31 AM   #152
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Our outfield is depressing. Wilkerson is just off right now, up to 16 Ks now. I know he'll work himself out in the long term, but right now it's just painful to watch him. (Also? Love the daily strikeout to start the game... when can we start discussing other leadoff options? At least until he fixes whatever this "mechanical problem" he has?) Nix is 0-for-18. Mench has no HRs & no RBIs & is playing just terrible defense. (Another also? Can we start maybe thinking about moving him back to left & trying Wilkerson in right? Isn't Wilkerson supposedly a better fielder?)

On the bright side, Kinsler continues to reek of awesomeness. His awesomeness is all the more noticible w/the complete lack of awesomeness in the rest of the lineup.

Kam Loe doesn't deserve to be 0-2 right now.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #153
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

yuck....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #154
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
Kam Loe doesn't deserve to be 0-2 right now.
He absolutely DOES NOT!

He might have had better movement on his pitches tonight than he did against Boston. Too bad he faced a great pitcher in Ameriquest and had guys finding holes in the infield tonight.

I look forward to him as a part of our future!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #155
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so, what's the deal with the bats thus far?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #156
madape
Diamond Member

Kinsler would look nice in that leadoff spot
Old 04-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #157
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Ape,

I am sure Kinsler will eventually come back to earth, (though I still expect him to play well enough to earn the AL ROY), and Wilkerson will eventually get his head out of his ass, but for now, you might be right. I get mad just watching his pooped pants look as he prepares to whiff at strike three...

Half the team still thinks we are in the Cactus League!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #158
madape
Diamond Member

m undestanding is that Kinsler is more of a power hitter than a contact hitter, so I don't know if he's really an ideal candidate for that leadoff spot. He sure looks like a guy who knows how to get on base to me.

I know what you DON'T want out of your leadoff guy, and that's 3 Ks in 4 at bats, which is what I see Wilkerson doing every night. If it's not Kinsler, get someone else in there. I just don't know who else it would be.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #159
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

BOOOOOOO!!!

Buck and co. is making me miserable.

And yes, security did indeed ask me to leave my seat. I did so quietly. I'm very suprised that I can't boo at the ballpark, but I guess they thought I was being obnoxious. I didn't think so, I just thought I was voicing my opinion. oh well...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #160
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
m undestanding is that Kinsler is more of a power hitter than a contact hitter, so I don't know if he's really an ideal candidate for that leadoff spot. He sure looks like a guy who knows how to get on base to me.

I know what you DON'T want out of your leadoff guy, and that's 3 Ks in 4 at bats, which is what I see Wilkerson doing every night. If it's not Kinsler, get someone else in there. I just don't know who else it would be.
A temporary change might be in order, but Wilkerson has proved throughout his career that he can get on base at a very acceptable clip to hit leadoff. He will come around.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Closed Thread