Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think I'm getting it now...

Kinda mirroring the 2010 team.

Calderon=Kidd
Ellis=Terry
Marion is Marion
Harris=Barea/Stevenson
Larkin=maybe Barea
Ellington=Stevenson
Dirk is Dirk
Dalembert=Haywood
Wright=Hope he can become Chandler (big if here)
Ledo=Roddy?
Vince Carter= Butler/Terry

Fill in the rest if I missed someone.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Where's my man Peja at?

Calderon maybe?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 07-12-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

Calderon=Kidd
Ellis=Terry
Marion is Marion
Harris=Barea/Stevenson
Larkin=maybe Barea
Ellington=Stevenson
Dirk is Dirk
Dalembert=Haywood
Ledo=Roddy?

Mekel = Pavlovic?

Akognon = Brewer?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Calderon=Kidd
Ellis=Terry
Marion is Marion
Harris=Barea/Stevenson
Larkin=maybe Barea
Ellington=Stevenson
Dirk is Dirk
Dalembert=Haywood
Ledo=Roddy?

Wright != Chandler. Totally different styles. Wright essentially allows you to keep solid scoring at PF the entire game as well as a slight defensive upgrade when Dirk sits. Sarge is closer to Chandler as far as being a more defensively oriented player, especially if his rebounding improves. And unless Dalembert comes for the min, our chances of getting him are all but gone with the Ellis signing.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Wright != Chandler. Totally different styles. Wright essentially allows you to keep solid scoring at PF the entire game as well as a slight defensive upgrade when Dirk sits. Sarge is closer to Chandler as far as being a more defensively oriented player, especially if his rebounding improves. And unless Dalembert comes for the min, our chances of getting him are all but gone with the Ellis signing.
I was saying that on the assumption that Ellis would be a s&t.

And yeah, we need to fill in the center position with someone of quality. If we got Gortat though, then I'd be pretty happy with the team.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope I'm not seeing it bro.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I was thinking that as well, with Calderon/Ellis pickups. Larkin to a lesser extent as he's probably a year away, but hopefully I'm wrong and he can come in Day 1 and be a change of pace to Calderon. The major difference is Tyson, not having that guy behind Dirk hurts big time. It really isn't the skill, but it's the communication, the attitude he plays with. With Kidd in New York, I followed the Knicks pretty closely and felt the Knicks fell off the ship once, they lost Rasheed for the year. He basically did what Tyson did but for the 2nd unit, the communication, the tenacity. Huge missing piece for the Mavs is that sidekick for Dirk on the backline defensively. It's not something you can teach or coach, either you have it or not.

Last edited by Kidd Karma; 07-12-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Calderon=Kidd
Ellis=Terry
Marion is Marion
Harris=Barea/Stevenson
Larkin=maybe Barea
Ellington=Stevenson
Dirk is Dirk
Dalembert=Haywood
Ledo=Roddy?

whatever makes you feel good

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

A valiant effort to connect the dots, but I think this is shaping up to be very much its own team.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
A valiant effort to connect the dots, but I think this is shaping up to be very much its own team.
Yeah, this.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

more like the 2001-02 Dallas Mavericks Roster
Tim Hardaway PG
Avery Johnson PG
Darrick Martin PG
Steve Nash PG
Tariq Abdul-Wahad SG
Charlie Bell SG
Greg Buckner SG
Adrian Griffin SG
Nick Van Exel SG

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

All we're missing is Byron Mullens= Raef Lafrentz.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

I think the 2010 team is the model as well. Ellis may not play exactly like Terry, but he's the second scorer at SG. Calderon is like Kidd, a past first point guard but without the defensive ups. Defense is the question right now. Missing a ... Oh well, why say it?

I hope Sarge or Wright shocks people. But the off season's still pretty young. We'll see.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I was saying that on the assumption that Ellis would be a s&t.

And yeah, we need to fill in the center position with someone of quality. If we got Gortat though, then I'd be pretty happy with the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBlitzkrieg View Post
I think the 2010 team is the model as well. Ellis may not play exactly like Terry, but he's the second scorer at SG. Calderon is like Kidd, a past first point guard but without the defensive ups. Defense is the question right now. Missing a ... Oh well, why say it?

I hope Sarge or Wright shocks people. But the off season's still pretty young. We'll see.
You guys should have a little bit more faith in Sarge, he was better last year than he appeared. Last year when played 15+ minutes (only 16 games) he averaged 5.5 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 4 points. He had 2 games with 9 boards and one with 8. Best game was versus NO with 6 boards, 7 blocks, 1 steal, and 4 points. Rumor has it he's put on 15 pounds so he'll likely be able to hold his ground a little better under the rim. If he can average 7+ boards, 2 blocks, and 5+ points a game. I’m totally ok with him starting with Wright and a summer league spare sharing minutes at C.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 07-12-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

This is stupid.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
This.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah sure and if i look at it for some more time, no.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quite the assortment of responses.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Kaleb Canales = Dwane Casey

Donnie Nelson = Donnie Nelson

Dan Crawford = Dan Crawford

Sarge = Alexis Ajinca

I totally see it

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
bobdole22

bobdole22 has a spectacular aura aboutbobdole22 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Where's my man Peja at?

Calderon maybe?
We pick him up 1/2 way through the season for the veteran's minimum

Stop trying to luck out in free agency like the Heat and built a team the right way.

bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote