Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
DallasMavs_41

DallasMavs_41 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I don't understand.....

My 3 favorite sports are as follows in order...
1) Football
2) Basketball
3) Baseball

My 3 favorite teams are as follows..
1) The San Diego Chargers
2) The Dallas Mavericks
3) The Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem

Am I cursed? 1 championship between the 3, Angels in 02'. The Chargers come up short every year and are always heart -breaking. The Mavs seem to always let me down, not so much the Angels. I honestly do not know how much more I can take of this.

Now, I have to ask you guys a question... are you A Dallas Mavericks fan? Or a Dirk Nowitzki fan? My brother made a very good point today, he told me I would not like the Mavs if they lost Dirk, and I was thunderstruck.. It's true, for me at least. I am a huge fan of Dirk, not the DALLAS MAVERICKS. I don't even know...:
DallasMavs_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

cool it's this thread again
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

I already polled this. Mavs 45%. Dirk 40%. 5% can't decide.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
I already polled this. Mavs 45%. Dirk 40%. 5% can't decide.
And 10% got sucked into a vortex?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

You lost me after 1) San....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

What about when your two favorites teams are the Cubbies and the Mavs?

Those are the only teams that I root for!!!
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Atleast you are not a Buffalo Bills fan...
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you are from SoCal, I see no reason to follow the Mavericks.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
DallasMavs_41

DallasMavs_41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
If you are from SoCal, I see no reason to follow the Mavericks.
Why not?? Dirk is my favorite player. I'm sorry but that was a stupid and I mean stupid statement.
DallasMavs_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Texas Rangers
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
German National Soccer

Don't you talk to me about disappointment. And don't even bring up the Cowboys Superbowls... I was born in 1993.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Texas Rangers
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
German National Soccer

Don't you talk to me about disappointment. And don't even bring up the Cowboys Superbowls... I was born in 1993.
When did you live in Dallas?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you lived in all of those cities at one point?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I'm coming out of the closet here... but my dad got me following the Yankees when I was a kid.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #14
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMavs_41 View Post
My 3 favorite sports are as follows in order...
1) Football
2) Basketball
3) Baseball

My 3 favorite teams are as follows..
1) The San Diego Chargers
2) The Dallas Mavericks
3) The Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem

Am I cursed? 1 championship between the 3, Angels in 02'. The Chargers come up short every year and are always heart -breaking. The Mavs seem to always let me down, not so much the Angels. I honestly do not know how much more I can take of this.

Now, I have to ask you guys a question... are you A Dallas Mavericks fan? Or a Dirk Nowitzki fan? My brother made a very good point today, he told me I would not like the Mavs if they lost Dirk, and I was thunderstruck.. It's true, for me at least. I am a huge fan of Dirk, not the DALLAS MAVERICKS. I don't even know...:
I have lived in Dallas my whole life and I love all dallas teams. Cowboys , mavericks ,stars . I am a big fan of Dirk , but I want championships for my city
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 AM   #15
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

why would one have to be from or live in the city of the team he or she roots for? i'm a red sox fan because we went to fenway every year for a series when i was a kid and i started watching 80+games a year on tv or listening on the radio. i live in nys, have lived in nyc and don't root for any of the ny teams except for the sabres and bills, very vaguely and from afar, as small market franchises
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 AM   #16
NOringsKI
Banned

NOringsKI has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I told my buddy after game one to buy me some pretty roses and a tube of KY.

Last edited by mary; 04-26-2010 at 08:09 AM.
NOringsKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #17
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

hmmm...sense yet another ban of yet another douche.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #18
NOringsKI
Banned

why should i be banned?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #19
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

You don't understand why you are a fan of Nowitzki instead of the Mavericks?
And you expect us to help you figure this?
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:24 AM   #20
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Because you're a scumbag who has no business being here. Go jack off to a Spurs forum or something. You're an obvious troll and trolls get banned. Get it?
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:28 AM   #21
NOringsKI
Banned

man i heard you guys had no class now i know.... i just wanted to illustrate a point on how inefficient the mavs are. is it not a free country.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:36 AM   #22
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

^ this guy is talking about class? LOL!!....
Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 AM   #23
NOringsKI
Banned

Sux to be yall for real. you have gm thats no better than a kid playing nba2k10 making trade after trade for "impact players" you guys deserve exactly what yall get, ZIP! at least you have superbowls to help you sleep at night.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #24
NOringsKI
Banned

alright ill leave you guys alone sorry to bother yall
Old 04-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #25
dirkadickastan
Banned

dirkadickastan is on a distinguished road

Dirk is the man. But I have always been a Mavs fan. Even if Dirk leaves, I will be disappointed, but will remain faithful to the Mavs.
dirkadickastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You root for the laundry. You pick a team. You stay with that team.

FOREVER.

Those are the rules. So you people who just decided to "choose" a team not geographically or parentally linked/handed-down...it's until death do you part. Or you suck.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #27
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
You root for the laundry. You pick a team. You stay with that team.

FOREVER.

Those are the rules. So you people who just decided to "choose" a team not geographically or parentally linked/handed-down...it's until death do you part. Or you suck.
Your home team follows these laundry rules, and you can never like another team more than your laundry squad. I will never like Teams more than the Bears, Bulls, or Sox....

....ever....

.....But to say someone can't like other teams, or cheer for other teams to do well, due to favoring a particular player or play style, is just stubbornly dumb...money says you have at least several other players or squads that you like seeing do well.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I didn't really become a Rangers fan until about the age of 7. I changed. I was a Braves fan starting at the age of 5.. My Rangers fandom didn't really pass the Braves fandom until about the age of 10. So yeah, I must be a bit of a sorry fan. I was rather hardcore Braves fan from ages 5-10 though.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 AM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Well, I didn't really become a Rangers fan until about the age of 7. I changed. I was a Braves fan starting at the age of 5.. My Rangers fandom didn't really pass the Braves fandom until about the age of 10. So yeah, I must be a bit of a sorry fan. I was rather hardcore Braves fan from ages 5-10 though.
was it the Dale Murphy era?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think kids get a pass.

The 24 year old doucher who owns a Red Sox hat and a Kobe jersey doesn't.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #31
DULLAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I think kids get a pass.

The 24 year old doucher who owns a Red Sox hat and a Kobe jersey doesn't.
This is an effectively repulsive combo I can't argue in favor of though.

Last edited by DULLAH; 04-28-2010 at 11:57 PM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #32
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
This is an effectively repulsive combo I can't argue in favor of though.
DULLAH, what is the deal with that ridiculously large signature image? Is it supposed to be funny? I'll tell you this... it's huge and I never forget you're here.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I concur. And yeah, I am a life long Braves fan. I will always have an interest in the team.. just not nearly as much as the Rangers. In fairness to myself, I grew up in an area in which only two teams' games were televised.. the Braves and the Cubs. So yeah, I made the correct choice in going with the Braves. But, later when I discovered the greatness of listening to baseball on the radio by the age of 10, my love of the Rangers surpassed that of the Braves.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

All sorts of elitism in this tread.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #35
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, this thread is full of Barack Obamas.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I root for the Washington Generals.

Underdog, bitch!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #37
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I rooted for the Aggies until I was like 9.

Giggle.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 AM   #38
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I was born and have lived in San Diego my whole life ( I am 18)

I am fans of Chargers, Padres, Aztecs, and Dallas, to a lesser extent the UCLA bruins. I use to be a kings fan but don't like hockey anymore.

I have always been a big dirk fan but over time I have become a bigger Mavericks fan, I will always be a Mavericks fan though I have only been in Dallas for 3 days of my life
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 AM   #39
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

I'm surprised at how many so-cal people are on this board!

I guess I'm a bit of a sports bigamist. I grew up in Dallas a hardcore fan of all the local teams, but the only two teams I seriously care about today are the Mavericks and the Padres. I left Dallas in 2000 at the age of 15, so I guess the Mavericks were the only team that remained relevant enough for me to follow in south Mississippi. I know that's sleazy and I'm not trying to make excuses, that's just what happened. I'm a casual fan of the NFL, and I root for the Cowboys and Saints, but I don't really care... and I love hockey (it's the sport I played growing up, all the way through high school), but I just can't bring myself to follow the NHL while living outside of an NHL city. I've been in San Diego now for about a year and a half and I started seriously paying attention to baseball again last summer because Petco is a beautiful ballpark and Padres tickets are cheap. I really became attached to this scrappy Padres squad and I'm a season ticket holder this season.

Anyway, I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan first and foremost, and I can't imagine that will ever change.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #40
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This thread again...okay, I'll bite.

The teams I root for are:

Dallas Cowboys,
Dallas Stars
Dallas Mavericks
Texas Rangers
FC Dallas

Teams USA and Team France

University of Texas...and the schools my kids go to, while they are there.

When my teams are officially out...then I fall back on other teams to follow, just to stay interested in the sport:

Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers ... for some reason I can't get into the Texans...

Houston Astros

Houston Rockets... I used to follow the Spurs, but as of this series, I have fallen off of the bandwagon...they are simply a team that is not fun to watch and they come off as a rather classless group, due in large part to many of the fans...they remind me of some pathetic Eagle fans.

Oh and I cheer for anyone who beats Tiger, Kobe and McScabb...three of my least favorite sports figures...but I digress.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy quotient: elevated, got a bit fluffy in here