Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Default Cuban should trade J. Howard!

Cuban should trade Howard while he has a chance. Why not? The Mavs play better without him, due to the fact that when Howard plays he hogs most of the shots. He doesn't even play defense anymore. Probably cuz he's on dope half of the time. Most of the time he takes jump shots, and bad ones at that. Just look at the rec. without him. Mavs r on a winning roll without Josh. I say trade him for Shawn Marion, or Ginoboli if the Spurs will bite on that trade. You never know they might. At least try while you can. Dirk needs another superstar, and it's not J. Howard. Rick isn't playing him for a reason. It's not because he's hurt, cuz even Josh said the DR. said, He was ready to play. REMEMBER MY WORDS! Don't be surprised if Rick pushes Mark to trade Howard, Stackhouse for another superstar. That's what the Mavs r missing, and Rick konows that. Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Pistons all have 3 superstars Mavs only have 1 that's Dirk, and that won't cut it. Just watch U will be surprised when they trade him. If they don't, it's cuz they can't find a team who wants to trade for him. Go Mavs!
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 AM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

remember your words? brother i can barely even UNDERSTAND your words.

also, you never rested your case.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 12-07-2008 at 02:31 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough

It appears that Antoine Wright and Gerald Green are not ready yet. I want them to stick around though and hope they'll get plenty of playing time so that they'll be ready sooner rather than later.

I have always liked Stack, but he cannot play here any longer. The same may go for Josh Howard. I haven't made up my mind yet about Devean George.

Anyway, the team is hurting mostly in the SG position but slightly in the SF position as well. I have no concern about the PG, PF, or C positions.

If Howard is traded to fill the SG hole then there will be a SF hole to fill. Oh well... go for it. I'd still like Mike Miller to join the team.
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 AM   #5
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

If we could get a REALLY good second banana for Howard/Stack, I am all for it. But Marion or Ginobili won't be enough. How about aiming a bit higher, like Arenas?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I would hold off on a Howard trade you never know....the Mavs might let Kidd walk at the end of the season then we would have no Kidd, Harris or Howard so I would keep Josh for now.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:40 AM   #7
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

maybe they are trying to trade him, remember have the trades that happen don't get talked about much
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #8
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Marion sucks. I swear everytime I tune in to a Heat game he's clanking 3 pointers with his horrible shooting mechanic. It's arguable whether Marion is better than Howard, + Howard is 2 years younger.

Ginobili? Uhh...

Arenas? Give me 65-70 games of Jho over 20 games of Arenas. Arenas is just as much an offensive blackhole as Howard, probably worse.

I dunno if we SHOULD trade Howard... it would be a lateral move at best though... real upgrades are made when spares are given up for an important piece... such as what the Lakers gave up for Gasol and what the Rockets gave up for Artest.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

What a piece of bs. Did you seen how good is this team WITH Josh? No.

On the beginning of the season Carlisle was testing all possible stuff. Then Josh got injuried.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Howard needs to get on the court and continue to distance himself from this past summer. At some point, maybe some of the younger guys can play well enough to where a trade makes sense. But, they're not close to that level. Regardless, let Howard re-establish his trade value before even thinking about moving the nut.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

haha, we dont need him anymore huh?
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I want a rep system!!!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #13
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyoa View Post
Cuban should trade Howard while he has a chance. Why not? The Mavs play better without him, due to the fact that when Howard plays he hogs most of the shots. He doesn't even play defense anymore. Probably cuz he's on dope half of the time. Most of the time he takes jump shots, and bad ones at that. Just look at the rec. without him. Mavs r on a winning roll without Josh. I say trade him for Shawn Marion, or Ginoboli if the Spurs will bite on that trade. You never know they might. At least try while you can. Dirk needs another superstar, and it's not J. Howard. Rick isn't playing him for a reason. It's not because he's hurt, cuz even Josh said the DR. said, He was ready to play. REMEMBER MY WORDS! Don't be surprised if Rick pushes Mark to trade Howard, Stackhouse for another superstar. That's what the Mavs r missing, and Rick konows that. Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Pistons all have 3 superstars Mavs only have 1 that's Dirk, and that won't cut it. Just watch U will be surprised when they trade him. If they don't, it's cuz they can't find a team who wants to trade for him. Go Mavs!
pretend (-) rep for you....
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Delete Thread.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #15
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
maybe they are trying to trade him, remember have the trades that happen don't get talked about much

I bet Cleveland is trying to trade Lebron for Sasha Vujacic and an all day family pass at the zoo. After all, NO ONE HAS MENTIONED IT AND HALF THE TRADES AREN'T TALKED ABOUT. I rest my case.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 12-07-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

The Spurs went on a run without Ginobli and Parker earlier in the season - they must be better without them!

What ridiculous assertions. Josh is the 2nd best player on this team and 46% FG's does not equal an offensive black hole. His FG% is better than Dirk's right now.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

edit: your profile says you're 43 years old. Is that true? If so, you're an idiot. I would have thought your ideas came from a naive 15 year old.

oh, and...kill yourself.

Last edited by MavsX; 12-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
babakhaan1

babakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nicebabakhaan1 is just really nice

delete Thread = Execute Thread Creator
Old 12-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #19
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I bet Cleveland is trying to trade Lebron for Sasha Vujacic and an all day family pass at the zoo. After all, NO ONE HAS MENTIONED IT AND HALF THE TRADES AREN'T TALKED ABOUT. I rest my case.
half the trades for players who aren't superstars I meant
Old 12-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #20
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Maybe we could bring in lebron for j-ho somehow in 2010.

And win a title with old dirk and kidd.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
half the trades for players who aren't superstars I meant
of course.. you're right. I bet the celtics are trying to trade Rajon Rodo for Damien Wilkins and the 25th anniversary collectors edition of Scrabble. Because NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT!

retard.

Quote:

Last edited by nowhereman; 12-07-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
of course.. you're right. I bet the celtics are trying to trade Rajon Rodo for Damien Wilkins and the 25th anniversary collectors edition of Scrabble. Because NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT!

retard.
and I meant the bad teams, not the good teams, like say I don't know maybe timberwolves would try to trade, Jason Collins for Josh Howard(just using that as a example, those types are trades are done without any talk from media)
Old 12-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and I meant the bad teams, not the good teams, like say I don't know maybe timberwolves would try to trade, Jason Collins for Josh Howard(just using that as a example, those types are trades are done without any talk from media)
Do your calves hurt?

You back-peddle every other post...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #24
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
a simple LOGIC BE DAMNED would have done

Quote:
Old 12-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #25
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Do your calves hurt?

You back-peddle every other post...
Interesting...does this mean peddle backs, or peddle from one's back? And why would this make her calves hurt? Wait--I think I see it--she's peddling veal tenderloins (tenderloins are cut from the back of the animal), and it obviously must hurt the baby cows--a.k.a. calves--to have their backs ruthlessly cut out to be sold.

Or, perhaps, you meant to write "backpedal"?

Glass houses, amigo.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #26
RolandoP

RolandoP will become famous soon enoughRolandoP will become famous soon enough

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Good one, bobatundi.
RolandoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #27
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

If Howard were to get traded the only players I would want back for him are either Stephen Jackson or Caron Butler.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Hey why don't we trade mark cuban while were at it.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

wait for it.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #30
superboy8866

superboy8866 is on a distinguished road

i agree with you
superboy8866 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumb thread