Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #161
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Saints are just handing it to the freaking redskins.

Wow are the Saints overrated...
Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #162
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

And then Campbell hands it back....this is nuts.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #163
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

lmao omg the skins had it, great saints are gonna win another comeback........freaking bastards.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #164
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Good start to the day so far. I'm always happy to see the Pats lose.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #165
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Vikings just continued the weirdness of the day...Sorry but is anyone buying Cardinals stock right now? I guess the NFC showed it's collective suck and parity today.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #166
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
The Vikings just continued the weirdness of the day...Sorry but is anyone buying Cardinals stock right now? I guess the NFC showed it's collective suck and parity today.
Who is good in the AFC? The Colts are undefeated, but I don't see any other really scary teams coming from the AFC. Maybe the Chargers. I just can't take the Bengals seriously. The Patriots have looked surprisingly average these last two weeks, and the Steelers are in danger of not even making the playoffs.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #167
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Flacco has sucked 2night. I'm confident that Tony Romo is smarter than at least one other NFL qb.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #168
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0

To be fair, Sage was and is a backup. Ok, so I just really like that clip.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #169
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I agree with the above thought that the Bengals are not to be trusted. I definitely don't believe in them.

The Colts...I think they're my super bowl pick right now, if I had to pick one. Even they weren't terribly impressive this week, but it wasn't their fault they played a garbage TN team that's vastly over hyped because they made a QB change from old to dumb.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #170
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with the above thought that the Bengals are not to be trusted. I definitely don't believe in them.

The Colts...I think they're my super bowl pick right now, if I had to pick one. Even they weren't terribly impressive this week, but it wasn't their fault they played a garbage TN team that's vastly over hyped because they made a QB change from old to dumb.
The thing about the Colts is that every year they look great in the regular season thanks to Manning's greatness, but then end up flaking in the playoffs because it turns out the team isn't as talented as was first thought. Just looking at the roster I don't really see a whole lot of difference this year. Before the Titans game, they had three pretty close calls in a row. I don't know, they are probably the favorites right now in the AFC just because there really isn't anyone else in spitting distance record-wise, but at the same time I wonder if history repeats itself with them.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #171
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Joe Flacco has sucked 2night. I'm confident that Tony Romo is smarter than at least one other NFL qb.
that dig kind of comes out of nowhere. Romo's been playing lights out lately.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #172
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Steelers lose again...and we thought that Cowboy fans and the team had it bad in Dallas.

Not only losing, but to the Browns...how many bad teams will the Steelers lose to? Defending SB Champs and they can't beat the bad teams.

At least the Cowboys can beat the bad teams...its the good ones that give them hell.

I wonder what Steve Dennis and the rest of the Dallas Media would be like in Pittsburgh?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #173
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

a true battle between kings going on right now.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #174
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post

I wonder what Steve Dennis and the rest of the Dallas Media would be like in Pittsburgh?
i dunno... have the steelers won a playoff game in the last decade?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #175
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
i dunno... have the steelers won a playoff game in the last decade?
An excellent point.

And I'm surprised at the Saints today...winning two very close games over absolutely crap teams. Now they have nothing to play for...should be a nice setup for the Cowboys next Saturday.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #176
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I have a strange feeling we win that game against the Saints. Just because anytime everything points one way in sports it usually goes the other. The Saints are due for a letdown, we're due for something good.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-14-2009 at 01:37 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #177
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
An excellent point.

And I'm surprised at the Saints today...winning two very close games over absolutely crap teams. Now they have nothing to play for...should be a nice setup for the Cowboys next Saturday.
You can tell Flaco isn't a Cowboys fan because has faith in them.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 AM   #178
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I have a strange feeling we win that game against the Saints. Just because anytime everything points one way in sports it usually goes the other. The Saints are due for a letdown, we're due for something good.
Stranger things have happened. But it's going to take a lot of strange things going the Cowboys way.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #179
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

our problem is without a doubt our defense.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #180
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

peyton manning
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #181
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
peyton manning
To the Cowboys? sounds good!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #182
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To the Cowboys? sounds good!
i'd buy that for a dollar
Old 12-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #183
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
our problem is without a doubt our defense.
not really. actually not at all. up til last week they had had a very solid season. they don't get enough turnover, sure, but they don't allow a lot of points either. the offense is the problem. it can't do anything. it goes on 70 yard, 11 minute drives then has to kick field goals. while the defense is good, the cowboys aren't a team built to win games on defense (lack of turnovers comes into play here). they need the offense to put up about 21-24 points. i think the play calling could be more creative on both sides of the ball, but Garrett's touch comes and goes.

I think Garrett looks like a genius against bad defenses and then out of his league against good defenses (Pitt, Baltimore last year, San Diego this year...). the problem really roots itself in the fact that the head coach (in name only) has no power, and for all intents and purposes we have Jerry as the head coach, wade as D coordinator, and garrett as O coordinator. it's a messed up situation. might as well sit back, cause it's gonna be a while before anything really good happens around here.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #184
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
not really. actually not at all. up til last week they had had a very solid season. they don't get enough turnover, sure, but they don't allow a lot of points either. the offense is the problem. it can't do anything. it goes on 70 yard, 11 minute drives then has to kick field goals. while the defense is good, the cowboys aren't a team built to win games on defense (lack of turnovers comes into play here). they need the offense to put up about 21-24 points. i think the play calling could be more creative on both sides of the ball, but Garrett's touch comes and goes.

I think Garrett looks like a genius against bad defenses and then out of his league against good defenses (Pitt, Baltimore last year, San Diego this year...). the problem really roots itself in the fact that the head coach (in name only) has no power, and for all intents and purposes we have Jerry as the head coach, wade as D coordinator, and garrett as O coordinator. it's a messed up situation. might as well sit back, cause it's gonna be a while before anything really good happens around here.

oh yeah..to clarify i meant our pass defense...but..i still stand by what i said.

and so now we have to hope that the 9ers can beat the eagles..and pray that the foreskins can beat the giants...oh dammit
Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #185
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Gotta give me some props!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #186
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Cowboys beat the Saints, and the Titans beat the Dolphins for their 7th win in 8 games!!!

Pretty good weekend!!!

Titans are still on the outside looking in, but dang, after starting off 0-6, then the switch to Vince...this team may have something going...if they slide into the post-season, would anyone truly want to face this team.

The Titans are like the GS Warriors who took the Mavs out...but they may have dug themselves too deep of a hole to give the fans a post-season shot.

Regardless, in 2010, they could very well be the team to watch out for...

At least both my favorite teams won this weekend and both are still in the hunt!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #187
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

AHAHAHAHA

Giants down 24 before at the half @ home, very much enjoying this game :P

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-27-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #188
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

There are no good teams in the NFC.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #189
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Damn you, Broncos! Don't tease me like that!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here