Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-23-2003, 03:16 PM   #1
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default Galloway--Off the Record

Randy Galloway just said he had a conversation with a "high ranking Mavs official" which he could not name because conversation is off the record I guess.

This Mavs official said they have been working on a S&T for Miller for five days but now they think it has 0 percent chance of getting done. If no miracle happens and they get Miller, according to the Mavs official, they will do nothing as they do not feel anybody left worth going after.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This Mavs official said they have been working on a S&T for Miller for five days but now they think it has 0 percent chance of getting done. If no miracle happens and they get Miller, according to the Mavs official, they will do nothing as they do not feel anybody left worth going after.
I wonder which players they are floating out there. I wonder why Indiana wouldn't want NVE. After all, Miller is going to walk so it is better for them to get value for Miller instead of nothing.

My guess? The Mavs are trying to keep NVE. Probably because Cuban and Nellie really believe there is a big 4. As if NVE should be part of the core. There are only two core players. And one of those (Nash) could be traded too.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Indiana doesn't want to sign Miller because it put them over the luxury tax threshold. Doing a sign and trade would accomplish this, so they would rather let Miller walk.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:24 PM   #4
uberfan
Golden Member

My suspicion is that the contract is just getting too big and Pacers would have to take back too much in contracts putting them in LT land. Otherwise, they could just keep Miller.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:52 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

We all know that Galloway is the expert on all things Maverick-related.

Seriously, if this is what Galloway is being told, it either means that a) they really aren't close to getting something done, or b) they're throwing up a smokescreen for all the other teams competing for Miller's services.

As for the salary cap issue, Indiana is trying really hard to clear cap room. If they get that done, a S&T would work, and if Miller doesn't want to return to Indiana, there's no reason to think they wouldn't agree to some permutation of the trade we've been discussing for about the past week.

Old 07-23-2003, 03:58 PM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

It would be very sad if they stop trying if the Miller deal falls thru. They Mavs should keep on trying to improve. I refuse to believe that there isn't someone out there that can help the Mavs. I refuse to believe Miller is it. This is why things fell apart after Zo signed with the Nets. No backup plan or refusal to see that there are still possibilities after Miller. After Zo signed, the Mavs didn't see that Kandi was a possibility.

By the way, what happened to Coop and Newy? Don't say I miss them but what happened?
Old 07-23-2003, 04:01 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
By the way, what happened to Coop and Newy? Don't say I miss them but what happened?
Here's a thread that discusses that:

http://dallas-mavs.com/forums/messag...threadid=10843

Old 07-23-2003, 04:27 PM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Thanks. Listened to Galloway the other day. Couldn't stand him. Sounds like he's preaching down on you. If I want to hear a sermon, I go to the Church.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:12 PM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Galloway--Off the Record

Have they forgotten about hidden talents like Peeler and Nailon?

This is whack. I think they should try to get someone else.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #10
uberfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Have they forgotten about hidden talents like Peeler and Nailon?

This is whack. I think they should try to get someone else.
How would they help us defend the perimeter?