Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Bryant - Dallas...not a good fit

Okay, so here it goes...another opinion regarding the latest rash of rumors surrounding the Mavs and Kobe.

I will admit, he is a talented player on the court...but something kept knawing at me in regards to the Mavs potentially getting Kobe.

So I turned to the wisest basketball/sports mind I know, my 16 year old son.

I told him that I was struggling, because on the surface the thought of Kobe and Dirk on the court with the same team appears to be a no-brainer.

Then my son asked the simple question...when would Dirk get the ball?

He believes that if Kobe where to come to Dallas, that he would take away from Dirk's game and that there is a strong possiblity that Dirk could get frustrated and start making bad shot decisions because of how little he would see the ball.

He stated that Kobe needs the ball more than most players and that he could/would disrupt the "Team" concept.

After that conversation, I felt better...I knew that I didn't want Kobe, but I couldn't figure out a solid basketball reason why...then my son enlightened me on why we do NOT want Kobe.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter