Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What cable or satelite service do you use?

..and, what are the pluses and minuses?

I'm about to move, and I'm considering dumping DirecTV... My bill just keeps going up and up without making any changes to the package that I receive...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

time warner.

Plus- nothing really besides my dvr

minus- when i had to reboot my box, it erased a lot of stuff that's going to take months to re-record. and also, you can't get the NFL package.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

comcast, about to upgrade to the HD service..since i just got me a samsung 42 inch plasma
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Comcast, upon which I wish failure & bankrupsy. I like the DVR, but our wireless is constantly breaking down & our cable has the tendency to lose signal, for instance, right as the Mavs are about to attempt a game-tying shot, the one time every two months I get a game. They also make you wait 20 minutes for the privledge of talking to a "customer service" person who acts angry at you for disturbing their solitare game.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

My DirecTV has gone from $44 to $65 dollars over the past year. I added TiVO which was $5 dollars.. everything else was just them bending me over and sticking up my .... use your imagination.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

dish network- its completetly mediocre. ive honestly been thinking about switching to directv.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Time Warner - the plus is that they have much cheaper packages than Comcast did. When they switched over, I was able to add all the Showtime and Starz channels without inceasing my bill.

I pay about $ 150 for cable on tv & internet, and everything but Skinemax and TMC.

The negative is obviously that they dropped the NFL network...but I've never had a single problem with the service.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-15-2007 at 10:20 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Mary, I guess I'm a sucker, since I didn't notice my bill changing at all when my service switched from Comcast to Time-Warner.

I have expanded basic digital cable and the internet connection. No movie channels, and not even a DVR (!). I pay about $110 a month.

I have absolutely zero complaints about the quality I receive. Both cable and internet are always working, and I get smoking speeds on downloads.

However, I am tempted to switch to AT&T U-Verse. They have been advertising heavily in my area. Evidently I can get exactly what I am getting now (except for *maybe* not as much download speed) for about $75 a month. For a 30% discount, I'm interested.

But, I'm also considering moving in the not-too-distant future. Some of the areas I'm looking at have Verizon FIOS. I am very interested in hearing user experiences with this. I get the feeling that it's the shiz.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Verizon FiOS
Old 04-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Mary, I guess I'm a sucker, since I didn't notice my bill changing at all when my service switched from Comcast to Time-Warner.

I have expanded basic digital cable and the internet connection. No movie channels, and not even a DVR (!). I pay about $110 a month.

I have absolutely zero complaints about the quality I receive. Both cable and internet are always working, and I get smoking speeds on downloads.

However, I am tempted to switch to AT&T U-Verse. They have been advertising heavily in my area. Evidently I can get exactly what I am getting now (except for *maybe* not as much download speed) for about $75 a month. For a 30% discount, I'm interested.

But, I'm also considering moving in the not-too-distant future. Some of the areas I'm looking at have Verizon FIOS. I am very interested in hearing user experiences with this. I get the feeling that it's the shiz.
It won't change automatically Chum. I realize now, that's what my post sounds like...but its late and sports are on. I called a couple of weeks ago to update my package, and they told me they had different pricing than what I was on. I ordered both my channels and ended up about a dollar cheaper than what I was paying before and I have about ten more movie channels in all (multi-showtimes + multi-starz)

It wouldn't hurt to give them a call. It might save you the trouble of switching over to a new carrier.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-15-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Verizon FIOS.

Has nothing to do with tv, but best internet service in the area, by far, as far as I know.

As far as tv, the pluses are the HD content is very, very cheap. In fact, if you have the dvr box, you have HD. Price is pretty nice, and I like their DVR setup.

I pay $110 for two tv's with two dvr's, and middle speed internet service.

I could not possibly recommend FIOS enough.

This also has nothing to do with cable either, but once I stopped needing a phone line for DSL, I switched to Vonage and cut my phone bill by about 60%, and got more features. Something to think about if you still have a landline.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-16-2007 at 12:55 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 AM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Comcast cable, along with Tivo.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 AM   #13
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Time Warner though i do miss all the shows and movies comcast had on ondemand.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #14
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I have had Directv since it came out. I started out on a big dish back when NFL games could be caught on wild feeds. Since Directv has a lock on NFL Sunday ticket, I stick with them. People I talk to with cable seem to have the same complaints about the pricing.

Just to watch the pro teams I like, I have to pay over $550.00 per year. The thing that irks me is having to pay extra to watch the games in hi-def. Oh. well.

Good luck on your decision.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Time Warner

Plus: One service for 8 TVs and a computer. The dual tuner dvr works well.

Minus: The guide is completely wrong sometimes. All those TVs drain the quality of our HD picture, and may be the reason why our internet svc is so sketchy sometimes. We had a TW service guy out, and his adjustments really didn't help. We might need to add an "amplifier" in the "telecom closet". Whatever that means!

We might skip the amp and get DirectTV for just the HD in the sideroom. I liked DirectTV from my single days - better music channels, dependable guide, good dvr - so I'm happy enough with that choice. Seems like a gosh-awful-lot of money to spend on watching sports though!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #16
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I use an antenna.
it is free.
I have no complaints.

(I pay $29 for Fios internet, also no complaints)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Verizon FIOS.

Has nothing to do with tv, but best internet service in the area, by far, as far as I know.

As far as tv, the pluses are the HD content is very, very cheap. In fact, if you have the dvr box, you have HD. Price is pretty nice, and I like their DVR setup.

I pay $110 for two tv's with two dvr's, and middle speed internet service.

I could not possibly recommend FIOS enough.

This also has nothing to do with cable either, but once I stopped needing a phone line for DSL, I switched to Vonage and cut my phone bill by about 60%, and got more features. Something to think about if you still have a landline.
Ditto.

The only thing I don't like, is no NBA TV network on Fios, which I greatly enjoyed last year through the playoffs when I had Directv.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

Time Warner has disabled the serial ports on the back of my cable boxes.

First of all, I didn't even know they could do that.

Now I've got to use the stupid IR cable to change the channel on my Tivo.

I'm not even sure I know where those are, or if I even kept them.

What is the purpose of doing this?

They told me its been permanently disabled and can not be re-enabled.

Its an "upgrade".

The rep wouldn't even get on the phone and explain it to me.

The only reason I know any of this is because I did some googling over the weekend.

Screw you Time Warner, screw you.

Last edited by mary; 10-05-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Time-Warner/Comcast/Charter is awful, and I'm sorry to hear that you have to rely upon that despicable, lying conglomeration of bad information serivices for your home media access, Mary...
Old 10-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #20
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

We have DirecTV. My grandparents recently changed from Charter to AT&T U-verse for their TV and internet. I haven't been there to judge the TV, but my granddad says that his internet is much faster than it was before. He's mainly just happy that he's getting TV and internet for cheaper than he was just getting TV before, and this time he gets two HD receivers and a DVR.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #21
mary
Troll Hunter

Can you use Tivo's with AT & T U-verse?

Also, they offer 4 intneret packages based on speed. Are they all faster than cable?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

I'm happy with my DirecTV regardless of what my initial post said. I'm much happier with my DirecTV than I am with my Fios phone and internet..
Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Mary, speeds vary on cable. You'd have to figure out what you have right now.

Murph, what is your issue with FIOS internet? It's only the best available.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #24
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I am fed up with TimeWarner. Their service sucks so hard.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Mary, speeds vary on cable. You'd have to figure out what you have right now.

Murph, what is your issue with FIOS internet? It's only the best available.
..no major issues with the internet service itself. I'm not happy with what I'm paying for the two services...that's all.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Be careful with DirecTV. I had them. My contract was up and when I moved I was going to renew my contract for the "free" move they do. The guy comes out, says he can't get a line a site, that I'd have to cut down a hole half of these mature trees that canopy my roof - which, would just look ridiculous to see a tree with branches on only half of the tree. They then charged my bank account, unbeknownst to me, for a "cancellation" fee. This fee consist of a portion of the bill for the 2 year renewal. About $500, if my memory serves me. Caused my bank account to have insufficient funds, which cost me 3 separate bank fees. A heated discussion with a supervisor, I got a refund; although, not for the insufficient funds fees. They are ruthless there. There's a TON of people on the consumer affairs site voicing the bad business this company is conducting. I'm glad they no longer have the HD market cornered.

That said, I have Charter, because it was the only cable provider - since I couln't put up a satellite - at the time, but I think I'm going to switch to AT&T once I come back home. I'll be home in 10 days, I'm freakin' excited! Charter blows. The HD is good, it's FIOS as well, even before Verizon, but the guide interface looks like something off of Super Nintendo and is extremely overpriced, imo.

Last edited by muzak; 10-05-2008 at 03:32 PM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I love my FiOS tv. I love it a lot.

And this week when we get a bunch of new HD channels I'm going to love it a lot more.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #28
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone know if Verizon FIOS has made it to FW yet?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #29
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Every municipality bordering mine has access to FIOS, but we don't. It sucks. For us, it's Charter (awful), U-Verse (pretender), or DirecTV (serviceable).

I've had DirecTV for 3.5 years, I don't have any complaints. 3 receivers and all the channels I need for $65.. and now that they're finally going to partner with Tivo again for an HD DVR, I'll stick with them and go HD in another year when the HD DirecTivo is ready.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I honestly don't know how much I pay for just the tv...

I pay $115 a month for internet, one standard set top box, and one HD box with a DVR.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I love my FiOS tv. I love it a lot.

And this week when we get a bunch of new HD channels I'm going to love it a lot more.
Forget this week. Today.

My daughter was very annoyed to find some dude preaching when she turned on what was supposed to be Toon-Disney this morning before school.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I honestly don't know how much I pay for just the tv...

I pay $115 a month for internet, one standard set top box, and one HD box with a DVR.
For the tv part of the bill, I pay $65 a month for TV Premier, and two HD DVR boxes...plus the $11 bucks or so a month in random fees.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #33
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I have dish network ---it is OK, but nothing special.

I have been considering going to DirectTV, but after 8-9 years, it is hard to justify worrying with the change.

I have no other options but satellite or antenna though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #34
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

comcast
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #35
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

AT&T's UVerse...its genius.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #36
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Time Warner rips you off.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #37
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I've had Direct TV for about 6 mos. Love it so far. It even survived the hurricane. Wish they had the multiple HBO HDs, and a few other HD nationals that some other providers have, but some of the League Pass games will be HD where cable only has the SD feed. Can't wait for the HD Tivo unit next year (only thing I miss about cable).
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #38
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

So TV costs about 500 $ - 1200 $ per year ?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I use Time Warner at the health club and FiOS at my brothers house.

The health club cable has periodic issues.... but my brothers never goes out. If that helps.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

A couple of my friends have Verizon tv. I hate their DVR's.. the interface is poor in my opinion.