Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #1
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default Lakers and Jazz welcome a new classless partner

I remember all the flak the Lakers organization recieved for airing the Malone to Nash elbow a few months back. I guess the Lakers and Jazz can now welcome a new member to the club:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=1791162

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Associated Press

The NBA is reviewing a pre-game skit by the Dallas Mavericks to determine if it was demeaning to the Sacramento Kings.

Among the vignettes was a cartoon depicting Kings guard Doug Christie being led on a leash tugged by his wife, and one of forward Chris Webber being showered with money at the University of Michigan.

The skits were used Saturday before Game 3 of the best-of-seven series.

"I got a report late in the day today. All I can tell you right now is we're going to be looking into it," said NBA deputy commissioner Russ Granik, who was attending the Miami Heat-New Orleans Hornets game Tuesday night.

"It sounded to me like some of that may have crossed the line, but I don't want to prejudge it until I get a full report in the next day or so."

Granik said there are rules about not demeaning members of the other team.

"There are fairly stiff fines for violating those rules," he said.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lakers and Jazz welcome a new classless partner

Heaven forbid we can laugh at the truth.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Lakers and Jazz welcome a new classless partner

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Truth has not place in the Dubbya Bush era!

Old 04-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Um, I don't really see how the president has anything to do with that cartoon skit I saw on Saturday night.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:57 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
Quote:
As opposed to the Bill Clinton era maybe?

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
Quote:
As opposed to the Bill Clinton era maybe?

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

Be carefull, you might end up in the woods with multiple SELF INFLICTED gun shot wounds to the head. Dam those shotgun toting rabbits and deer!

Old 04-28-2004, 06:36 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Y'all have gone and turned this into a political thread. Shame on all of you.

Mods should lock this thread or move it to the political lounge.

WaaaaH.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:54 PM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

As funny as the cartoon was, it would be way too homerish for me to not agree with his point.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:20 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It was classless.
I hope the NBA fines Cuban for this incident.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lakers and Jazz welcome a new classless partner

I'm not defending the cartoon, but in my mind there is a difference between glorifying the Malone elbow and the cartoon shown before Game 3, and the Malone bit was worse.