Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-15-2003, 02:08 PM   #81
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
JK...I don't do them anymore...I was hit by a truck during a bike race...had to have 4 operations.

But yes, I did them into my 40's ...i've done 5 Ironmans (1 in Hawaii, 3 in Canada, and one in Europe); about 40 half ironmans...and more marathons than I can count (5 times at White Rock...the one in Boston...Chicago...some others) but I never had the right schedule to do DC or NYC, both of which I dearly wanted to do. JK...if you get the chance to do them...jump at it...you never know if the chance will come your way again...I'd still be doing them if I could.

I was doing triathlons when Lance came on the scene (before he went to the bike exclusively)...he was an ultra cocky...almost obnoxious 14 year old...who we all called "Junior" (with some affection and sarcasm mixed in)...Lance was a real triathlon prodigy...we used to ride together out of the Richardson bike Mart...but that's a half truth...Lance would ride with the pack, on long training rides, for about 15-20 miles...talking to everyone...then ZOOOOOOMMMMMMM.....he'd take off and drop everyone in a flash.

So, if you see my posts about him in the tour de france thread....just know that I've got an extra special rooting interest that goes back many years.

GO JUNIOR !!!! Ride for 5 !!!!!

Ok...back on topic....
Good stuff OP. I admire ironman athletes more than any athlete out there. That is a great achievement you have accomplished. A few years ago there was this story of a dad and son who was paralyzed who did the race together. It was one of the most amazing stories I have ever seen.

I amy pick your brain offline sometime. I would like to move up an try a half ironman next year, but I don't think there is anyway I could ever get up to an Ironman.

That is awesome.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2003, 03:26 PM   #82
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

That's Rick and Dick Hoyt that you're talking about...Dick is the father... I know them...they did it the same year I did. I actually met them at a race in Maine. you can probably do a google search and find out a lot about them.....if you'd like I can PM you with some really heroic stories....I did photography for a mag in the two years before I did Hawaii.

Thanks for the props and BTW, I NEVER thought that I could do kona...but I worked my way up..and it happened....positive thinking brother, positive thinking !!!!!

PM me anytime.

Old 07-15-2003, 03:30 PM   #83
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:33 PM   #84
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

totally cool UMMMM....that's them.

Two other great books "Iron Will" and "the Road to Kona never ends".

Both still in my bedroom bookshelf !!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:42 PM   #85
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I thought only crazy people ran the Iron Man. just kidding OP

- I'm actually VERY impressed. My girlfriend started runnig tri's for team in training last year and I thought that was impressive until I started meeting people training for the IronMan.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Quote:
Sorry , they're not better...but these people are FAST. and the photgrapher was slow...one hand on the cell trying to find Madape and one hand on the camera.
Funny, EvilMav seems to have escaped the blurring problem. I wonder why?
hahaha...that's just cold ape.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:11 PM   #87

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

count me in as of now for the 10th

heres my scouting report

height: 5'9" (sock's age)
weight: 135
plays the 1 or 2

white, fast, and can actually jump....played basketball pick-up games almost everyday for the past 3 years
good handles, will take it to the rack against anyone, but the only time i can make a shot is if im playing against someone good or under pressure
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #88
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Where did you play basketball...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:36 PM   #89
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The blurring usually becomes evident after coming into contact with one of my elbows...

(Madape should remember me knocking a guy unconscious with one of those, a couple of years back)
Old 07-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #90
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Quote:

The blurring usually becomes evident after coming into contact with one of my elbows...

(Madape should remember me knocking a guy unconscious with one of those, a couple of years back)
Could you do this again at the next D-M.com game? I'd love to see that.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #91
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

swwets just volunteered to catch an Evil elbow. Cool.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:54 AM   #92
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Who will take the picture? It has to be recorded for posterity.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:37 PM   #93
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
No. You've got it all wrong. I want to see someone else take an elbow from Evil.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #94
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

I'll take an elbow from Evil.... can I wear pads?
Old 07-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #95
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Looks like there's going to be so many on the "Brew Crew" that they'll need two teams....can I suggest that Team "A" be made up off the severely hungover" and that Team "B" be made up of the "currently drunk" ?
Old 07-16-2003, 03:50 PM   #96
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

yea right......like they will ever be hungover......better think again.

Team A: DUFF BEER
Team B: STRANGE BREW

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 03:59 PM   #97
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Looks like there's going to be so many on the "Brew Crew" that they'll need two teams....can I suggest that Team "A" be made up off the severely hungover" and that Team "B" be made up of the "currently drunk" ?
i've never been hungover <fingers crossed, knock on wood> (even though by all standards, i deserved to be hung over like Victoria Falls) so i am on Team B by default..

but i don't ever want to be so "currently drunk" again that i can't remember most of the events that transpired... can't afford to run that kind of risk (what could that do to prospects of a political career [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])... not to mention i'd like to avoid making an unbelievable dork of myself! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 05:37 PM   #98
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
good idea. I'll play both sides.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:21 PM   #99
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Did you all play this last weekend?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote