Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-10-2003, 01:38 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default What was your worst Job ever

Working in a furniture warehouse at 110 degrees... Lasted a month.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Hauling hay in Texas in August.

Lasted 3 days.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: What was your worst Job ever

Puf! All.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2003, 10:20 AM   #4
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

working in a chemical plant throwing around 50 pound bags of calcium stearate, a substance that when it reacts with sweat gives you a pleasant sticky film all over your face and arms and smells a little like cat urine.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:24 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fast Food.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:56 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

baling and hauling hay and shovelling out stalls in the summer heat of Texas. All summer long.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:19 AM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

painting tin roofs during a cold wet winter - few weeks
Old 08-10-2003, 02:10 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Working in the stain room of a chair factory- clouds of noxious stain burn your lungs and stain your skin yellow.

Packing mail in a mass-mailing company- very tedious, and the papercuts never end.

Working as a liqour store manager and always being solely responsible for moving our keg orders- an average order of 10 pallets holding 40 kegs isn't a nice thing to have to stack on your own. No matter how strong you are, your back will pay for that kind of work...

Opening the YMCA at 6:00 AM sharp -every- Sunday morning for two years- Bleary eyed, hangover city...
Old 08-11-2003, 12:16 AM   #9
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Loading UPS 18 wheeler trucks in the summer
Old 08-11-2003, 12:17 AM   #10
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

I've honestly never had a job I disliked.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:21 AM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

No neither have I.
Have had some that are better than others...

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:24 AM   #12
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

I guess my worst would be, when I was 16 I was a tennis instructer. It wasn't bad, but some adults were stubborn and some kids annoying, still fun and it paid well.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:33 AM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

My worst was I worked for a sports photography company, and part of my job was to
go to the horse races every saturday to take photos for news services...sit in the press box, eat nice food, drink free
alcohol etc etc etc the worst part about it was i had to wear "nice" clothes...and it was a Saturday!!
I couldn't sacrifice my Friday nights out...so the job went [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-11-2003, 12:47 AM   #14
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Lol, your too much veruca. Didn't like wearing a dress? Seriously though, that's why I love owning my own business, I'll wear what I want, though it's best for business if I wear a suit.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:52 AM   #15
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I normally did the short skirt with the pants underneath thing.
i always looked like trash though compared to everyone else.
might have had something to do with the huge doc martin boots or chuck taylors....

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-11-2003, 12:55 AM   #16
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

lol, old Chuck T's, those were classic. I sincerely doubt you looked like trash, I've seen your pic from the previous thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2003, 01:09 AM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm going to go ahead & say my current job w/the market research place, even though it really isn't that bad. The pay is horrible & my boss is the AntiChrist & if you're stuck outside trying to get people to take a survey, you start to hate humanity & seriously consider suicide on an hourly basis, but it's still better than fast food.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:31 AM   #18
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Veruca and Dirk41 you guys have had a really rough life. I guess Veruca Salt always did get her way. I would have to say that working in an unairconditioned wharehouse when I was 16 during Summer break making shingle display boards was the worst job I ever had. Working next to the paint booth took the edge off a bit though and we always played basketball during break and lunch. It nearly lasted an entire Summer, but I eventually told them I had to quit to get ready for two- a- days which was a lie since I had already decided not to play football that year.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:16 AM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

geez, i think i've liked my jobs. in high school (and then summers in college when I'd go back home), i worked at Sam Goody. good job, cause i like music.

probably the job that others would think is the worst is my job at FedEx. I worked there during the summer before my senior year in college. night shift, in the west matrix at fedex in memphis, moving boxes and packages. some people would probably think it sucks. but i liked it. The best part was that i was only working there during the summer, but i got the same holiday and sick time of people that work year-round. so I took a year's worth of sick and vacation time in one summer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

my current job is fine. i don't hate it.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:00 AM   #20
Chiwas
Guru

Old 08-11-2003, 11:08 AM   #21
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Mine would have to be every saturday welding for my father in an un airconditioned shop. Anybody ever welded for 5-10 hours in July/August in Texas? Needless to say, thats probably why I don't work for him. lol

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:12 AM   #22
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Washing cars in a dickies jump suit in the Texas Summer.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #23
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Jive, don't freaking assume my life has been all peaches and cream. I have had jobs that were hard and I absolutely worked my ass off, but I enjoyed them because they were rewarding.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:07 PM   #24
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux

probably the job that others would think is the worst is my job at FedEx.
Funny, I was speaking to my best friend about jobs yesterday, and she said her worst ever job was at Fed Ex too. I didn't
even know we had Fed Ex in Australia until then. I think I would've just sat at my desk the whole time being the Fed Ex pope.

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-11-2003, 10:33 PM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Jive, don't freaking assume my life has been all peaches and cream. I have had jobs that were hard and I absolutely worked my ass off, but I enjoyed them because they were rewarding.
Damn, I'm sorry man I was just joking. I have actually not had that difficult life myself. I worked at my worst job only because I wanted to. My parents actually tried to talk me out of working that summer, but some of my friends worked there and I was already stopping by to play basketball with them everyday. I just thought it was funny that you said you're worst job was Tennis Instructor because it sounds posh. I would think there would be a lot of nice looking women involved.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:39 PM   #26
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
Quote:
Damn, I'm sorry man I was just joking. I have actually not had that difficult life myself. I worked at my worst job only because I wanted to. My parents actually tried to talk me out of working that summer, but some of my friends worked there and I was already stopping by to play basketball with them everyday. I just thought it was funny that you said you're worst job was Tennis Instructor because it sounds posh. I would think there would be a lot of nice looking women involved.
Its ok, I just don't want anyone thining I've had things easy. I grew up in a much less secular country then the US. I only said tennis, because im such a great tennis player and hate having to deal with people that suck at it.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:06 PM   #27
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Veruca and Dirk41 you guys have had a really rough life. I guess Veruca Salt always did get her way.
If you makes you feel any better, the best job I ever had..and EVER will have only lasted a year before
the company folded. Unfortnately they folded owing me several thousand $$ as well....which
doesn't dissapoint me half as much as knowing my dream job came and went between the ages
of 18 & 20...and nothing...will ever be that good again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-11-2003, 11:11 PM   #28
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Quote:
Veruca and Dirk41 you guys have had a really rough life. I guess Veruca Salt always did get her way.
If you makes you feel any better, the best job I ever had..and EVER will have only lasted a year before
the company folded. Unfortnately they folded owing me several thousand $$ as well....which
doesn't dissapoint me half as much as knowing my dream job came and went between the ages
of 18 & 20...and nothing...will ever be that good again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
What kind of job was it? You should of sued them for the money which was owed to you.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:43 PM   #29
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, the same thing happened to me at my favorite job. Telecom crashed my company went broke and I got laid off. I even had stock options, and had recently been promoted. I was just jealous that you have never hated a job because I have always hated my jobs, but I'm lazy. I prefer school. Your story made me feel better though...............just kidding
Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 AM   #30
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Cutting grass with an idiot stick. 8 hours a day for the entire summer. Paid decently though (especially for a 16 year old kid).
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:25 AM   #31
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, the same thing happened to me at my favorite job. Telecom crashed my company went broke and I got laid off. I even had stock options, and had recently been promoted. I was just jealous that you have never hated a job because I have always hated my jobs, but I'm lazy. I prefer school. Your story made me feel better though...............just kidding
Woa, you worked for Telecom, the Canadian TV company? They produced one of my favorite shows ever, Undergrads! Those bastards haven't made a 2nd season!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:31 AM   #32
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Woa, you worked for Telecom, the Canadian TV company? They produced one of my favorite shows ever, Undergrads! Those bastards haven't made a 2nd season!
This was a joke I'll assume. It was only capitalized because it was at the beggining of the sentence. What is Undergrads? Are you screwing with me or should I download it.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:48 PM   #33
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

My very first job. I worked at a carwash. My job was to dry the cars after they came through the wash. This is normally not a bad job; I guess, but try doing it through the winter season, and you might feel a little different about it.
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 05:17 PM   #34
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nicky31
My very first job. I worked at a carwash. My job was to dry the cars after they came through the wash. This is normally not a bad job; I guess, but try doing it through the winter season, and you might feel a little different about it.
brrrrr!! i don't like being cold and wet while working! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] yuck!

I like working in an office! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Maybe in the winter I'll even start parking in the garage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

This thread inspires me for a verucaism [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

I wanna puke.

(I have a good teacher [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 08-12-2003, 11:28 PM   #36
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This was a joke I'll assume. It was only capitalized because it was at the beggining of the sentence. What is Undergrads? Are you screwing with me or should I download it.

I don't get what you are saying? Undergrads is a cool tv show which I believe was produced be telecom.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:30 AM   #37
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:

What kind of job was it? You should of sued them for the money which was owed to you.
I worked for an internet radio company. It was great because radio is what I want to do,
and it's awfully hard to get into...this wasn't, yet I was still working with some of the best
radio personalities in Australia...
Anyway, long story short...company folded, tried to take legal action but i was pretty much
too far down the food chain to get anything from a company that folded....stress took it's
toll..blah blah blah...ended up being easier to just walk away from it all.

Smile like you mean it