Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-12-2003, 11:39 AM   #1
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Mavs vs Mavs

To all who've indicated an interest in the "Members" basketball game....Rhylan and I are arranging a game for tomorrow here in Coppell. If you're serious about playing, please PM either Rhylan or me...and let us know what times are good for you.

It's gonna be Mavs Vs. Mavs

Old 07-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Mavs vs Mavs

I'll bump this...MFF is trying to put a sticky on it, but it hasn't worked for some reason. Rhylan, can you do that from your computer ?
Old 07-12-2003, 02:02 PM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Mavs vs Mavs

do we have a time on this? my availability hinges on a specific time.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:29 PM   #4
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about
Default Mavs vs Mavs

Sounds great! I'd love to play. I played last weekend with my wife's 20 year old son and was almost too sore to walk the next day...LOL...but...I love this game.
By the way I am one of those glue guys...rebound and play D...can shoot a little...tough on the inside...vertically challenged.
When and where guys?
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:33 PM   #5
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Mavs vs Mavs

We've now got players...but everyone's welcome.

The game will be in Coppell. We coordinating everyone's time schedules right now.

Everyone:

PLEASE PM me or Rhylan with your time availability...don't just post here. That will help us work it out much more easily.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:03 PM   #6
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Players please read

I just got back from the gym and talked to them about our game:

The game will be played at the Coppell YMCA (there's another gym right down the street, too)

It's located just east of the Intersection of Denton Tap Road and Town Boulevard...I suspect that you can all use mapquest to find it...but if not...here are the directions from the Dallas area.

Get on LBJ and head west of I-35 as if you're going to DFW airport. Turn right (north) on Beltline road. Simply keep going straight into Coppell (the name of the road will change to Denton Tap Road). Just past Sandy Lake Road, you'll come to Town Boulevard. Take a right on Town Boulevard and it will lead you right into the YMCA parking lot.

The YMCA gym will open promptly at noon and we can begin. This seems to be the best time for the most players. If you'll arrive a few minutes early, we can go right in and get started at noon. We'll have quite a few people from this boad there...and we can go 3 on 3 half court or 4 on 4 fullcourt...whatever is your pleasure. For those who are a bit out of shape, we can sub in and out to give everyone a breather. There will also be some gym regulars around if we want to include them later in the day.

I suspect that Ryan and I will be there most of the day, as will some others...so if you need to come late, the games will still be going on. For the sake of safety, if you're going to come after 2pm, please call me on my cell....simply PM me and I'll give it to you.

The gym manager told me that there wouldn't be a problem accomodating us. We are members ther...but as guests, there is a $5 fee to be paid by all guests...so bring the $5 with you. If you're coming late, we'll be watching for you...all you have to do is to sign in...the gym is right next to the sign in desk.

If you can't make the time, please PM me so I'll know that you're not coming...I don't want to think that anyone is lost and wandering all over Coppell. Rhylan and I have done our very best to coordinate all of this...unfortunately, we couldn't get a correct time for everyone. Some needed it early; others later....but after talking to everyone AND the GYM MANAGER...this is the best that we can do.

From the PM's we've received, we know we'll have enough for 3 teams, so we can rotate. Just do us one favor; if you say that you're coming, please do. it's going to be great fun and a great opportunity to meet those people on the board that you haven't yet met. If enough people can hang around after the games, we can retire up the street for some food and refreshments.

Again, please PM me or call me if you need any further info.

Thanks.

OP
Old 07-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Someone please take and post pictures.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:37 PM   #8
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Will do Sweets...wish you were going to be here !!
Old 07-12-2003, 07:18 PM   #9
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Me too, but I just have way too much going on right now. Maybe we will have to schedule another game or social function.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:16 AM   #10
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Players please read fot time, info and directions.

Oh crap, you people did have it without me........

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #11
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Players please read fot time, info and directions.

so who was the MVP?

Give us details on how everybody did!!!

Who stunk it up??

Who drank the most adult beverages? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 07-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Players please read fot time, info and directions.

I do have to agree Howard is a good fit for perimeter defense for the mavs. What do you all think about signing Horry here.

Okay, what happened and who scored most points. Who got injured?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:18 AM   #13
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Players please read fot time, info and directions.

Photos have been taken and Rhylan now has them and will be posting them...soon...I hope.

Actually, we switched teams around and got some of the Coppel Y regulars into a few games (two were grauating seniors from the Coppel HS team.

We played both 3 on 3 halfcourt, then went to 4 on 4 full court.

Here's a brief scouting report. And, honestly, NO ONE stunk it up...very well played games (about 8 games to 15, if I recall. We played for 2+ hours. No injuries, at all.

Rhylan was true to his word. He's VERY quick and has a nice shot. i'll play with him anytime.

EvilMav was a real bull in the paint, tossing up short hook shots with either hand. His "left" is much better than Bradley's. Replace Shawn with Evil !!!!!!!!

Mandyahl is a fine all around player...no real weaknesses. Nice little 10 foot shot. She was the only female in the game and acquited herself just fine. She CAN PLAY no doubt...and is also a very fun person...she's got MY total respect...

Ryan, the "Sock" played real well I thought...he and rhylan dueled a lot...I'm not going to say anymore about how it turned out for fear of being "banned" by Rhylan. <chuckle>

Chris played ,too...but never introduced himself under his screen name...I'm suspecting Road Rage...but he's a really good one, too. Very, very quick...good shot...good handles...I was very impressed with him.

MFFL brought his son, Christian and played in a couple of games...I had fun banging under the boards with him.

AE and Madape were no shows...Ae had a good excuse...but the Ape didn't...guess he was drunk/hungover or both. mike B. also called andhad to cancel...some family things came up.

The Coppel gym regulars were fun to have in the game...they added some height to the game...6'2" to 6'6"...so that made it challenging.

As for me, I'd rather not say...not bad for the first game since I had hand surgery last October...you'll have to ask rhylan about a few of my passes, especially the alley-oop to ryan over a 6'4" guy who went to block my shot under the basket.

After the game, we all retired to a local mexican restaraunt ....had a lot of fun...and decided to ban Madape from the board for not showing up !!!! And we were all sober when THAT was decided !!!

more later after the pictures are up...you'll get a better idea from a few of them.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #14
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

No ladies showed up except Mandy? Who was making the mixed drinks than? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am glad everybody had a good time, while all of you was sweating in a air conditioned gym, I was on a ball field sweating in 100 degree weather.

When will be the next time we do it, I need to definately rearrange my schedule to play in it. Saturdays are very hard for me now as I am playing every weekend in softball tourneys, but Sundays are usually good for me. But now that I think about it, I am not that good and would be basically shooting airballs anyways, and I wouldn't want to bring down ya'lls level of play.

Either way, glad everybody had a good time and that nobody sprained an ankle or pulled a muscle.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:29 AM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow

UMMMM. really sorry that softball prevented you from coming...from everyone's reaction, i'm pretty sure that we'll be doing this again. We all had a lot of fun...and EVERYBODY played well....no stiffs in this group. If anyone wants to get together again (Sundays work best)...just let either Rhylan or I know.

I really wanted to get this game organized quickly...as our Mandyahl is leaving for Europe Wednesday...next time we'll have more advance warning for everyone. Sorry, but after the idea being bogged down for months...I just thought that I'd better step in and get it done.

Hope we can have double the turnout next time !!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:59 AM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow

Outlet Pass, your words have sealed your own doom! I was asked to take a friend to the airport at the last minute. I regret that my kindness rubs you the wrong way. I would much rather have unleashed the fury onto the unsuspecting Dallas-Mavs.com posters. The flight was an international one that left at 2:30. I didn't get back home until after 2:00, whence I decided to take up an invitation to go to Hooters and drink beer. Please schedule another game. I need to avenge all the hurtful words that were spoken of me by you and your compadres.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone post a roster. Damn....wish I could have joined you.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #18
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Ape...it was Evil's idea !!!! But as George Dubya said to the Iraqi's...bring it On !!!!!

Evil also turned to the dark side and now wants Shawn traded ASAP.

I think it was just having played 8 games....and having some refreshments....he'' be back in the Bradley camp in no time flat.

(God, Mad, I love how you take the bait...you're almost as easy as Rhylan!)

Seriously, bud, we just missed ya...that's all !!!

And I'm VERY sure we'll be playing again....next time Sturm's gotta play.

Almost forgot, Smile called in from near Texarkana and did some cheerleading by cell phone !!!

...and...as requested, here are our pictures, courtesy OP. OP, caption these guys if you wanna! --Rhylan

Ok...Mandy...with Rhylan sticking the ball in front of the camera to be a smart A.

This would be Ryan (The Sock) trying to drive on Mandy...or stop and pop...I think she had him confused.

Rhylan is the blue blur streaking to the basket..no joke this is one QUICK dude. EvilMav (shirtless) waiting for the rebound...and one of his hook shot put backs.

Mandy kicking the Sock from behind and getting the steal...Clever !

Rhylan attempting to block the Sock away from the basket.

Evil, Ryan and Rhylan after Mandy dunked on Evil's head !

left to right...Rhylan, Ryan (being goofy and in need of a bathroom break), one of the Coppell HS players, Mandy, Road Rage, and Evil during 3 on 3 action.

ryan about to go up and abuse one of our Mods...who happens to be playing ballerina defense...back is straight and up on his toes. notice the great hand position as he vainly attempts a block...with his head.

Sorry , they're not better...but these people are FAST. and the photgrapher was slow...one hand on the cell trying to find Madape and one hand on the camera.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #19
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow

*jumps up and down* I wanna be on apes team!!!

I can set up on the perimeter and drain the 3's, set some screens, and pass the ball to ape all the while laughing when ape starts throwing elbows at defenders. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to have to drink a few less beers the night before the next game. Then I might hit a few more of the hooks of which Outlet spoke...

As for the Ape- beware the up-and-under, and the dread, dread set shot...

Old 07-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Sock is pretty damned good. With his dead-eye jumper, and knack for posting up and finishing his shots against larger players, he was just abusing most of those high-school big men. Goodness knows what he is doing to guys his own age...

Mandy showed one heckuva jumpshot, and consistently got her hands on loose balls and rebounds- a brave undertaking considering the size of the guys playing...

Outlet- all I have to say is beware the elbows...

Rhylan- why isn't this guy on the Summer league squad? Strong handle, shows a willingness to attack the basket in transition...

MFFL- "The Microwave". The Mavs#1Fan brought an offensive explosion off of the bench...

Old 07-14-2003, 11:40 AM   #22
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Ryan, the "Sock" played real well I thought...he and rhylan dueled a lot...I'm not going to say anymore about how it turned out for fear of being "banned" by Rhylan. <chuckle>
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All I can say is, thank goodness most of my matchup with the Sock was at the very beginning, before I got tired. The kid can ball. Hey Sock, how tall are you? You looked taller in the pictures than I had originally thought. Speaking of which, the pics are at home on the PC and I'll get them posted later today.

So.. my thoughts are..

Evil can take two steps from anywhere in the paint and magically be at the rim. He's got that Moses Malone type thing where you just throw it up and you know if you miss, he'll go up and get it. I did notice that he has a lot in common with Tim Duncan in that they both like to take about a step and a half before they put the ball on the floor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehe

OP had a nice lob to Sock, as he said.. but you can't call it an 'alley-oop' because Sock's not dunking yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] OP was pretty steady for having not played in so long.

Sock is pretty much money, as everyone else has said..

..and I missed too many layups.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #23
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Quote:
...and I missed too many layups.
*coughs*you suck like me*coughs*

Old 07-14-2003, 12:36 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

I promise to use up my six fouls the next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #25

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

hopefully ill be able to make it next time with my bro (turbo.mav)

sounds like you guys had a good time
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:57 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
MFFL- "The Microwave". The Mavs#1Fan brought an offensive explosion off of the bench...
The microwave was busted - I missed all four of my shots. But my speciality was always defense anyway. Of course THAT would have been better if I had been in a little better shape.

LOL - but it was a lot of fun though. We should look at doing it once a month or so.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:08 PM   #27
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Everyone take a look at your calenders....we'll try to do the next one on August 10th if that works for a good number of people.

Noon is the best time for us at the gym.

And Rhy, The Sock is between 6' and 6'1" right now...it's them size 14 feet (just turned 14) that get me...all of the Doctors say he's going to be 6'5" to 6'7"....

about 3-4 months before he's dunking it...we figure.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:21 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Count me in for the 10th Outlet...
Old 07-14-2003, 01:22 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

I'll be there (unless I'm told otherwise by the SO).
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #30
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

geez, sorry i missed it. i guess i could have driven the 11 hours or so to come play... i think i could have handled evilmav in the paint... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #31
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

[quote]
Originally posted by: Rhylan
Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass

..and I missed too many layups.
Yeah, by the 8th game in a row i couldn't make one lay up.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:51 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Was this full court? Games to 10? 15?
Old 07-14-2003, 04:29 PM   #33
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

We should have a draft. Have everyone "declare". Choose two captains to pick the teams. Then we can post the results of head to head action.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:50 PM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i think he said 8 games to 15.

here in the 'hood that is nashville, we always play to 24 (with 2's and 3's). but 15 by 1 if there's no 3-pt. line.

Old 07-14-2003, 05:02 PM   #35
Road Rage

Road Rage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Was this full court? Games to 10? 15?
Not quite full court; "sideways" full court, if you will. The gym had a divider up right down center court, so we ran the games between the goals on the sidelines. Games were to 15, win by 2. One of the games went back and forth to 20 or 21 as I recall.
Road Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:26 PM   #36
OutletPass
Diamond Member

To clarify, the gym has two court areas...side by side...separated by a curtain. Exactly the same on each side. Three baskets on each side of the curtain...one at each end and one on the side...

3 on 3 was played on the side basket...4 on 4 was played "full court" end to end...does that make sense. At the gym, we usually play to 24, but in the interest of getting everyone time and not having some people sitting for a long time, we played 15's.

If there are captains, I'm one and I pick my son. You can be the other Mad (if your sorry ass shows up this time !!!!!) <all in fun>

But that doesn't really make sense, since we rotated teams and subbed players in the interest of fairn teams...and we were joined by some Coppel HS players and a gym regular or two..

We're serious about playing again on august 10th so PM either Rhylan or me....

If someone has a better court, please step up...I heard no complaints about the Coppell Y gym...but we're open to suggestion.

Glad to see "Road Rage" posting...we figured that was you, C....next time introduce yourself ! props to ya...you can play this game !!! We want you back.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #37
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

sorry i couldnt make it fellas.

coppell is about 30 min. away from me, and i didnt wake up on sat. until 11:30 am, didnt check the board until close to 1PM and had a 2PM commitment.

in any event, im definately down for the next game.

lets ball.

i'm a 6'1" player with a pretty good post game, no handles, and pretty good jumper.

let the draft begin!
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:44 PM   #38
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like I missed a great time.
I'm not sure I could of held my own against you guys...as a bball player I am built like a guard...you know...Nate Newton...LOL. At least I don't get pushed around under the boards much..usually the other way actually.

Here are my stats for the next game...I might fit in the veteran minimum pool.
5'11 3/4..got to add the 3/4
40 years old...ugh!
265 lbs

kind of a short slow vertically challenged white Tractor Traylor...LOL
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:50 PM   #39
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I will try to make it. Still not sure.

I doubt I could play at all because no one would draft me.

5'6"
Female
Fat
slow
don't really know how to play basketball
can cook, mix drinks and get drunk
Old 07-14-2003, 07:12 PM   #40
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Hey that is good enough for me sweets.