Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-14-2003, 07:17 PM   #41
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

you guys crack me up. only a message board full of basketball nerds would resort to a DRAFT for pickup games [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehehe.. but, if y'all wanna do it, as moderator, i will opine that instead of 'captains' we should have "GMs" who don't plan on playing for whatever reason. just seems more authentic, and would give some of the spectators a fun way to get into it.

that being said - i'm gonna be out of town the weekend of the 10th, got a wedding to go to. so, i won't be eligible for this draft [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2003, 07:21 PM   #42
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

wow, I was gone all weekend, but am down the next game. Enter me into the draft fo so...

Here are my vitals...

6'4"
slow, white, can't really jump like I used too.
led the area in '93 in 3 point shooting % at Lake Highlands HS. Am not nearly as good as I once was. Please remind me when we are going to play again.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:33 PM   #43
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

i'll be back by then, and i want to play again cuz i had so much fun the first time.

i'm 5'10"
i'm 18 and started for the varsity team at my high school as the 3 and 4 for the past two years.
i have an ok shot.
i'm not that good against guys, but i try hard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 07:35 PM   #44
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos to follow And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

OP, is the 10th on a sunday or saturday.

Because with this many people coming i don' tthink we would have enough space for a Sat.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:00 PM   #45
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
OP, is the 10th on a sunday or saturday.

Because with this many people coming i don' tthink we would have enough space for a Sat.
Watch your words, One Blue, or you won't get your allowance, much less make the Mavs-Jazz game in Mexico.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:55 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

6'2, played everywhere from point to the 3 spot..as a freshman/sophomore, alternated from down low to the point..depending upon the need of the team

can't really shoot as well as i used to..but can get to the basket better..better finisher around the goal than I have ever been (that's what years of being single can do for you)... good rebounder..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:32 PM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

and please..don't be perverted
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:36 PM   #48
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Expect several more years of Murph being better finishing around the goal, the basketball goal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:51 PM   #49
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Ok...the pictures are up and captioned...

I'll keep a list of everyone who wants to play...but do try to PM me before the game to actually, really, authentically, genuinely RSVP...i'll set up a list and we'll go from there in picking teams.

Sorry but no pics of me or Mffl...we were "hosting" and photgraphing at the time...readying ourselves for the 4 on 4 and the Mexican food that followed.

I hope that, by reading the players posts, that you know we all had a HELL of a lot of fun. All, save Rhylan (wedding excuse) will be playing plus many, many more.

Mad, stay away from Hooters next time will ya...that's understandable but not acceptable !
Old 07-14-2003, 11:00 PM   #50
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Ape...it was Evil's idea !!!! But as George Dubya said to the Iraqi's...bring it On !!!!!

Evil also turned to the dark side and now wants Shawn traded ASAP.

I think it was just having played 8 games....and having some refreshments....he'' be back in the Bradley camp in no time flat.

(God, Mad, I love how you take the bait...you're almost as easy as Rhylan!)

Seriously, bud, we just missed ya...that's all !!!

And I'm VERY sure we'll be playing again....next time Sturm's gotta play.

Almost forgot, Smile called in from near Texarkana and did some cheerleading by cell phone !!!

...and...as requested, here are our pictures, courtesy OP. OP, caption these guys if you wanna! --Rhylan

Ok...Mandy...with Rhylan sticking the ball in front of the camera to be a smart A.

This would be Ryan (The Sock) trying to drive on Mandy...or stop and pop...I think she had him confused.

Rhylan is the blue blur streaking to the basket..no joke this is one QUICK dude. EvilMav (shirtless) waiting for the rebound...and one of his hook shot put backs.

Mandy kicking the Sock from behind and getting the steal...Clever !

Rhylan attempting to block the Sock away from the basket.

Evil, Ryan and Rhylan after Mandy dunked on Evil's head !

left to right...Rhylan, Ryan (being goofy and in need of a bathroom break), one of the Coppell HS players, Mandy, Road Rage, and Evil during 3 on 3 action.

ryan about to go up and abuse one of our Mods...who happens to be playing ballerina defense...back is straight and up on his toes. notice the great hand position as he vainly attempts a block...with his head.

Sorry , they're not better...but these people are FAST. and the photgrapher was slow...one hand on the cell trying to find Madape and one hand on the camera.

just to help.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:17 AM   #51
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs UPDATED>>>Game reports online NOW with photos.. And a SUGGESTED DATE for the next games.

Man... I need to hit the gym...
Old 07-15-2003, 03:28 AM   #52
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Count me in for the 10th
6'2 205 I've been described as 'versatile'
Old 07-15-2003, 06:46 AM   #53
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

You guys have got to keep this up.

Maybe we can have an international challenge!

I'm 6'5.

Haven't played for a year, but have been on a pretty intensive fitness program since. My dunking days are probably behind me, but can block a few shots.

Will, if all goes well, be in Dallas in a couple of years time! (A holiday, I don't care how good Doc tells me the beers are and Murph tells me the food is)

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:00 AM   #54
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
i will opine that instead of 'captains' we should have "GMs" who don't plan on playing for whatever reason. just seems more authentic, and would give some of the spectators a fun way to get into it.
well, I'm far out of town with no plans on getting back to big D, out of contact with anybody, and pretty much out of touch with reality. I'd like to "GM" and coach, too. For at least 3 years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:49 AM   #55
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

damn evil,did you really had to take your shirt off?!!that sight will hunt me 'till the day i'll die!!

just wished i was there,it looks like so much fun!and i could really have a good time humiliating all those old dudes.
NPs driving down the line!blowing by Mandy like she wasnt even there,crossover and behind the back dribble,and a mean 720 (its duable) right in the rhys face!!!
NBA ACTION,its fantastic!

i might be coming to dallas in a couple of monthes,if so i want the chance to kick you guys asses.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:26 AM   #56
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
I will try to make it. Still not sure.

I doubt I could play at all because no one would draft me.

5'6"
Female
Fat
slow
don't really know how to play basketball
can cook, mix drinks and get drunk
I wanna be on Sweets team!!!!

I am 5'9", 210lbs, white, semi athletic, and when they say white man can't jump, they are pointing at me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

EDIT: Also I don't know if the 10th is good for me or not, I won't know until friday the 8th if I am not playing a tourney or not that weekend. I will do everything in my power to make this one, if to only sit and drink some of sweets adult beverages. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #57
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

UmmmmOK you're on my team. Report to the beer tent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 09:37 AM   #58
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Wahoo!!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 07-15-2003, 10:14 AM   #59
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, if there were ever a time i wished i lived in dallas, now is it. that really looked like fun. lots of quick players! how old is Sock?

anyway, so i can be the future #1 pick if i can come down some day...

6'8"
255 lbs.
range out to 3-pt. land. not much hang time at all, but can throw it down and block shots. good rebounder, on both the offensive and defensive side. possesses a myriad of post moves. well, maybe not a myriad. maybe a plethora. not the best ball-handler, but I do ok for my size. can both run and lead the break.

negatives: although i have size, i sometimes fall too much in love with the perimeter. and i can be lazy with man-to-man d (a result of getting older and having less time to work out), although my help side d is pretty good.

geez, i just re-read that, and i sound like raef... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #60
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the pictures. Those are great. Where was OP? Was he on the bench in foul trouble? Looks like the Dallas-mavs team may be best when they go to the small ball lineup.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #61
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

you know, mandy's post per day average probably took a big hit since she was away from the computer for so long. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 11:25 AM   #62
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

BBL...Sock just turned 14 on May 18...he's headed into 9th grade...but his coaches are going to start him on the JV "a" team at first...

JK...I was taking the photos...with one hand on the camera and the other on the cell phone. I played when we went to 4 on 4 full court. I'm definitely rusty...had to have a ligament transplant in my left thumb last October and was in a cast for 6 months....other than working Ryan out...this was my first game back on the court.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #63
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Old 07-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #64
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Old 07-15-2003, 11:54 AM   #65
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Nah, UMMMMMM...Mandy, the Sock and I played together with a friend from Coppell in the 4 on 4....

BTW...WHO in the HELL do you think has trained and coached the little shiznik....?????

ANOTHER BTW....he's in camp again this week...and absolutely tore them up yesterday...Coppell HS had a more than decent 7 footer this year on their varsity (who's hanging around watching the 14 year olds)....he approached Ryan yesterday and said "Who the hell are you ??" --- long story short...they've arranged to play together at the Y over the coming weekend.

I'm betting that he comes away with the Camp MVP again this week...I'll keep ya posted.

Old 07-15-2003, 11:58 AM   #66
Chicago JK

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
I think he was afraid of Evil Mav. Evil looks like he has a little Bill Laimbeer in him. I bet Evil wouldn't think twice about messing with OP's thumb if it came down to an extra rebound.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:02 PM   #67
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Quote:
BTW...WHO in the HELL do you think has trained and coached the little shiznik....?????

Oh I knew you trained him, but it looks like the student has overtaken the teacher in skillz, and maybe you was afraid for him to school you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 12:06 PM   #68
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Evil does have some "Bad Bill" in him...now that you mention it....Good call.

but you'll have to ask him if I was bothered by him.

Evil = Good. And respects the thumb....we're buds...on and off the court.

As for the sock, yep he's passed me up... ABSOLUTELY no question about that...I just happen to be on the cusp of turning 53.

I love to play WITH him...because I know where he'll be...and where he likes the ball...makes my passing look VERY GOOD. but we still play 1 on 1 a lot in training...I think the Sock scares most everyone...if you'll look back in the posts...I think that MFFl said something about him "abusing" the high school guys that joined us.

I had my time in the sun, guys...it's his turn now !!!

Now if he can do the Ironman and the Boston Marathon in his 40's...I'll know it's genetic.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #69
Chicago JK

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Evil does have some "Bad Bill" in him...now that you mention it....

but you'll have to ask him if I was bothered by him.

Evil = Good. And respects the thumb....we're buds...on and off the court.

As for the sock, yep he's passed me up... ABSOLUTELY no question about that...I just happen to be on the cusp of turning 53. I love to play WITH him...because I know where he'll be...and where he likes the ball...makes my passing look VERY GOOD.

I had my time in the sun, guys...it's his turn now !!!

Now if he can do the Ironman and the Boston Marathon in his 40's...I'll know it's genetic.
OP,
Off topic, do you do Marathons and triatalons? I have done one marathon and would like to do DC or NY next. I have also done a couple of international triathalons. I think the triathalons are a lot more fun to train for. BTW if you have done Boston and the Ironman, then that is some pretty sick stuff. Congrats.

I try to watch the Ironman telecast every year. Very motivational.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:58 PM   #70
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Oooh, I want in too!

5'9"
120 lbs.
Haven't played since HS varsity... but wasn't even very good then.
In good shape, running-wise, but a little lacking in strength. Scrawny, perhaps?
A little bit like a girl version of Shawn Bradley, actually. Minus the dominating height. Which leaves me with... um...

OK, now that I'm thinking about it realistically, I'm going to get my ass kicked.

I suggest a nce, civilized, contact-free game of HORSE to complement the rough-and-tumble game. Please?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:59 PM   #71
OutletPass
Diamond Member

JK...I don't do them anymore...I was hit by a truck during a bike race...had to have 4 operations.

But yes, I did them into my 40's ...i've done 5 Ironmans (1 in Hawaii, 3 in Canada, and one in Europe); about 40 half ironmans...and more marathons than I can count (5 times at White Rock...the one in Boston...Chicago...some others) but I never had the right schedule to do DC or NYC, both of which I dearly wanted to do. JK...if you get the chance to do them...jump at it...you never know if the chance will come your way again...I'd still be doing them if I could.

I was doing triathlons when Lance came on the scene (before he went to the bike exclusively)...he was an ultra cocky...almost obnoxious 14 year old...who we all called "Junior" (with some affection and sarcasm mixed in)...Lance was a real triathlon prodigy...we used to ride together out of the Richardson bike Mart...but that's a half truth...Lance would ride with the pack, on long training rides, for about 15-20 miles...talking to everyone...then ZOOOOOOMMMMMMM.....he'd take off and drop everyone in a flash.

So, if you see my posts about him in the tour de france thread....just know that I've got an extra special rooting interest that goes back many years.

GO JUNIOR !!!! Ride for 5 !!!!!

Ok...back on topic....
Old 07-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #72
OutletPass
Diamond Member

BTW...Sturm's on my team....no arguments on that one, please...or the game's off !!!! <Chuckle>
Old 07-15-2003, 01:15 PM   #73
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Hey, what happened. I got there at 2:30 and everyone was gone. Of course there were still other to play with but not a Dallas-mavs soul in sight. Can nobody go for more than 2 hours?
Old 07-15-2003, 01:16 PM   #74
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

thats fine outlet, as long as my team can be called the BREW CREW and every time down the court we get to stop to drink a nice cold beverage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 01:30 PM   #75
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to go ahead and commit.

Here's the scouting report on the ape:

6'1" 205
Position: Forward

Experience: Started for his fraternity and his MBA class in college intramural tournaments.

Game: Not a whole lot of athletic ability or skill. Poor ball handler. Very poor shooter. A handful of awkward interior scoring moves. Fearless in the key and aggressive on the glass. Enjoys physical contact. Plays with a lot of energy but becomes winded quickly. Needs to lose about 25 pounds to compete at this level. Once was an average player. Now very below average. Appears to prefer women and beer over athletic activity.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #76
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Quote:
Game: Not a whole lot of athletic ability or skill. Poor ball handler. Very poor shooter. A handful of awkward interior scoring moves. Fearless in the key and aggressive on the glass. Enjoys physical contact. Plays with a lot of energy but becomes winded quickly. Needs to lose about 25 pounds to compete at this level. Once was an average player. Now very below average. Appears to prefer women and beer over athletic activity.
Sounds JUST LIK ME, except I was never an average player, and I can only shoot for being a below average. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 01:36 PM   #77
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry , they're not better...but these people are FAST. and the photgrapher was slow...one hand on the cell trying to find Madape and one hand on the camera.
Funny, EvilMav seems to have escaped the blurring problem. I wonder why?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #78
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
The Brew Crew selects Madape. Report to the beer tent.

Old 07-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #79
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in iff'in the date changes to another weekend.

5'10 1/2" (yes, I am claiming the 1/2 inch because, you know, it sounds more impressive)

Game: Najera like heart. Only known to shoot particularly well when playing with MJ types, loves to get inspired by good game play. Overall not a good shooter. Tries to play D, but his wife often proves that he can't play a lick of D. Known to be distracted from game play if he smells beer on or near the court. Likes to rebound, if he could only get his hands on the dang ball.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:06 PM   #80
Chicago JK

If I could ever get back to the metroplex, I would love to play[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

height- 5'10.5 (I am with u u2sarajevo)
Weight-180- trying to lose 10 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Present- haven't picked up a basketball in 2 years. Terribly slow and can't jump to save my life. No interest in defense. Will look good occasionally in the lay up line and will be glad to supply team with refreshments.

Past- '92 All area in HS. Boy that seems and feels like a long time ago. Your basic washed up HS basketball player.

Perfect for Nellie though: Short, absolutely no interest in D and if I get the ball it is going up. A match made in heaven.