Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-01-2003, 01:51 AM   #1
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Mavs vs Mavs...Game 2...BAD NEWS....Can someone step up to the plate

I hate to bring bad news BUT...The coppell YMCA, in their wisdom, have now closed the gym daily from 1-5pm to allow for day care. The only basketball hours are now noon to 1pm...and 5pm to 6:15 pm.

So we will NOT have access to the basketball courts on August 10th...and I don't know when they will resume normal basketball hours.

If we're to play again, someone else will have to find a place to accommodate all of us.

Will someone please step up to the plate and take charge...because I can't get it done here in Coppell again for the foreseeable future.

Sorry for the bad news, but I don't run the gym. I don't understand why they've done this...but the fact is .....they have.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:47 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs...Game 2...BAD NEWS....Can someone step up to the plate

I always enjoyed laying out punks on the blacktop. We can certainly find an outdoor court somewhere. If we do choose to play outside though, a word of caution: August is a hot month, but not as hot as being scorched by the ape. Dress lightly and bring a lot of water. I won't be held accountable for your heatstroke.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I always enjoyed laying out punks on the blacktop. We can certainly find an outdoor court somewhere. If we do choose to play outside though, a word of caution: August is a hot month, but not as hot as being scorched by the ape. Dress lightly and bring a lot of water. I won't be held accountable for your heatstroke.
Anyone other ideas? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 11:47 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Make the roadtrip to Waco and I can provide a gym. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Make the roadtrip to Waco and I can provide a gym. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
only if i can drive!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
i'll get my tires replaced so i can tear it up again down Hwy 35! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(My dear Camry doesn't handle the skids like my car in CA did. I gotta baby her a little more.)
Old 08-02-2003, 10:21 AM   #6
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

If we are still thinking of Aug. 10th I can make it to Waco. I don't think I'll be able to make it to Dallas since I have to work the next day.

Come on, road trips can be fun.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

If everyone is serious and would make the trip, I would look into the gym. I have 2-3 to choose from.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #8
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

i can offer a few outdoor and indoor courts over here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...
but i guess no one would make this long trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...
have fun wherever you are going to play this time ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:02 AM   #9
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Man I wish I could play, but unfortunately I can't currently fly down to Texas, someone play some decent D on the Sock this time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:37 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

doh OP, this sucks! since when is Saturday afternoon prime day-care time? that's crazy.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:25 AM   #11
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

We might be able to play at the Selwyn gym, Coach Sykes is having open gym for all the players, and I am sure he would let us play on one of the days.

Selwyn is only in Denton, which is alot closer then Waco for the people in the metroplex.

Its a decent gym, but no air conditioning, and carpet. The carpet adds more of a spring, so some of us will be able to dunk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

the A. center in coppell will probably be an option, it has air conditioning, and wood floor, but it might be a little crowded.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:26 PM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I still vote for Waco. Dallas is too far for a day trip.

A D-M.com road trip...think of the fun you'll have. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 08:02 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

No air conditioning? WHAT?????

I vote Waco too for obvious reasons. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Maybe it will just we Doc and Sweets for the Waco game. If we bring our kids we could play 3 on 3. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2003, 12:36 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs...Game 2...BAD NEWS....Can someone step up to the plate

what happened?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:37 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

nothing. child care pre-empted Game 2....
Old 08-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #17
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

There is a brand new basketball court right by my house over in Heritage Trace in Keller. Its outside so we would have to do it either early or late to avoid the heat. Oh and be prepared to wait your turn to the court.

Any other ideas?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

there is a hoop at the school across the street from my house. hardly ever used. but it is outside so the same concerns (sans the waiting) would apply.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:15 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked with the staff of my YMCA, and unfortunately for the next three weeks the basketball courts will be almost always reserved for youth Summer programs, and my Y isn't open on Sundays (probably the best day for some games)...

There are lots of decent outdoor courts dotting my area, but obviously the heat would be the prohibitive factor in considering their use...
Old 08-12-2003, 01:46 PM   #20
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Anyone want to suggest a new date...the Coppell YMCA will be out of their weird summer hours after September 1...all the kids will be back in school...and we can get the gym again....

Sunday at noon is best...as a lot of people are in church...so the gym's relatively free....and the college kidswill be off at school.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #21
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs...Game 2...Let's try for a NEW DATE !!!

if we can, let's try to do it before september 18 because that's when i leave for college. just my two cents.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:33 PM   #22
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs Mavs...Game 2...Let's try for a NEW DATE !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
if we can, let's try to do it before september 18
Sounds good.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #23
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

that ought to work for me, too
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 07:20 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Mavs...Game 2...Let's try for a NEW DATE !!!

Count me in.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

*sigh*

No takers for Waco huh........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]