Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-07-2003, 10:00 AM   #1
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default Stupid songs that...

run through your head. Do you ever have songs that run through your head every now and then and you're not really sure why? You may have not even heard the song in years, but for some reason it never really leaves you. Here are some that have been tormenting me recently:

Just about every song from 'South Park the Movie'.
(Weeeellllll, Kyle's mom...)

The nerds' stage performance from 'Revenge of the Nerds'
(We got Poindexter on the violin...)

The old 'Skip it' toy commercial

Eddie Murphy's rendition of that Whitney Houston song in 'Coming to America'
(SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!!)

Thank you

*goes back to rocking in fetal position*

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #2
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Usually it's some other song I hear someone else singing or humming

Here's the top ten from some study that was done:

Here's the students' top-10 earworm list:

1 Other. Everyone has his or her own worst earworm.
2 Chili's "Baby Back Ribs" jingle.
3 "Who Let the Dogs Out"
4 "We Will Rock You"
5 Kit-Kat candy-bar jingle ("Gimme a Break ...")
6 "Mission Impossible" theme
7 "YMCA"
8 "Whoomp, There It Is"
9 "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
10 "It's a Small World After All"
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stupid songs that...

man, the one song for me is always "the final countdown" that 80's song

doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo

argh

that used to always run in my head during basketball practices as time was running down in our practices.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - I love that song. One of Led Zeppelins quiet best.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But seriously, every now and then that dang jingle for the Dallas Times Herald Classified goes on and on in my head...

7-4-8-1-4-1-4... call the Dallas Times Herald Classified at 748-1414.....

These are the pages, more people are turning to....

makes me want to end it all every time.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:19 AM   #5
signoftimes

Thanks U2, now that song is stuckin my head.

"7-4-8 1-4-1-4 get results like you've never seen before"

I can just see that cartoon van turning the corner throwing out the papers
Old 08-07-2003, 10:21 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I hate car dealership commercials -

Three oldies that still constantly haunt my brain

1) The classic:
"Bop bau Westway Ford. Wessssst Wayyyyy Fooooorrd!"

2) An obscure 80's era jingle celebrating a st.Patricks day sale:
"Come in and start wishin for your pot of go-o-old
the biggest sale ever and Frontier Fo-o-rd
A rainbow of choices and prices so lo-o-ow
even the wee little leprechauns know:
Frontier is where all the smart buyers go"

3) The world's worst rap song:
"If your lookin to buy yourself the right car,
Come to Trophy in Mesquite, we're not to far.
We've got Nissan cars and trucks, so don't be shy.
You can buy 'em from a lady. You can buy 'em from a guy.
At TROPHY, TROPHY, NISSAN!"

4) "Southtown Ford. South on 35, Alsbury Exit. Fort Worth. (Open Sundays!)"

Modern day torture device?
"Lute Riley Honda, Lute Riley Honda. Lute Riley Honda, yeah. Have the car that you want. Lute Riley Honda, Lute."
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Car commercial jingles drive me nuts too.... I cannot stand the trophy trophy trophy nissan add. And when Greggo does his commercials for them it kills me...

I know toad wanted to stick to songs, but the commercial for Galyans... that one is enough to make you go bald from pulling your hair out. That chick probably ended her jingle career after doing that commercial.

I got a gift at Galyans WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!...

Also that Ford truck jingle that goes something like "I'm a Ford truck man, that's what I am....." that one stays for about an hour each time at least.

edit: spelling (hear, hair... same thing right?)
Old 08-07-2003, 10:28 AM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'm a Ford Truck Man.
That's all I Drive.
Ain't got no boundries.
I don't compromise!

Yuck.

How about:
I was born on the llano estacado....yeah!
Old 08-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Thanks ape... after not hearing that for a month it finally dissapated from my thought processes. But now, ITS BACK..

I went around for about 6 months spontaneoulsy asking my wife if she was born on the llano estancado (or however it is spelled)....

she wanted to kill me.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #10
signoftimes

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas
I buy diamonds by the ton
chase cuties in my Cadillac
and drill oil wells just for fun...
...but when it comes to boots
I need a deal that'll fit me right from toe to heel
so I get my boots at
Western Warehouse
Old 08-07-2003, 10:37 AM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Call 2-6-7-8-4-1-3 Because the next best thing to new is Dalworth Clean.

But when it comes to boots, I need a deal that fits me right toe to heal....

Edit: signoftimes beat me by 5 minutes!!!
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:39 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't

N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestle's makes the very best, chocolate

Hotdogs, Armour hotdogs. What kinds of kids love Armour hot dogs? Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks, tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox love hotdogs, Armour hot dogs, the dogs kids love to bite.

I know these are all jingles, but they have all led me to near insanity over the years. I mean come on, armour hotdogs... every kid will eventually be fat eating that crap.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:47 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

What I hate is when you get a song, or maybe just a line..or a riff from a song in your head...and you can't for the
life of you work out what it is....and you just keep singing it over & over & over & over...until you finally lose
your mind....ARRRGHHHH!!!!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:59 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Raise the flag
Raise the flag
If you want more Poncho's Mexican buffet [img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]

TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:01 PM   #15
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

yeah...okay i think i was going insane like a month ago because i just had this one line stuck in my head. "it's a bit of a joke," and it is in a sing-songy voice, but i am not sure if it is from a song or what. i still have no idea what that is from and i am beginning to think i just made it up. it was really bothering me for about a week, to the point where i couldn't fall asleep thinking about it. i finally got it out of my head, but i still want to know where the heck it came from.

all those commercial songs are horrible too. and while i was in europe, i had this french nursery song stuck in my head..."sur le pont d'avignon." we were singing that so much...it got really annoying. and some other song that i learned in music in elementary school. to stop the train in cases of emergency, pull down the chain, pull down the chain, penalty for improper use five pounds. arggggggggggghhhhhhhh!
Old 08-07-2003, 05:20 PM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

Anyone remember these?

Zack, Zack, he's a Lego maniac

Tater-skins got baked potato appeal, tastes like potatoes with skins that are real

Don't gimme no bologne, don't want no ham and chese. Don't give me just a sandwich. I want a Manwich, please.

Get A Little Closer! Don't Be Shy. Get a little closer, with Arid Extra Dry

I sure hope these jingles don't get STUCK IN YOUR BRAIN! Hahhah
Old 08-07-2003, 05:29 PM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

"the best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup...!!" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

a not-so-old tune:
"party like it's your birthday... dum-dum, dum-dum, dum-dum..." (50 cent)
Old 08-07-2003, 05:32 PM   #18
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I feel completely safe reading this thread as basically not one of these jingles is even
slightly familiar. I get the feeling that you've got catchier, more annoying, cheesier commercials
over there...as I can't think of any at the moment that get stuck in my head.

The only one I remember from my time in N. America is...the Oscar Mayer Weiner song. haha. And it's been YEARS!!

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #19
madape
Diamond Member

Oh yeah? Well take this:

"Slip Slop Slap"

that's in yo' mouth beeaaaaatch!

Old 08-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Songs that stick in your head...

A swing, a swing is a beautiful thing,
I feel like I can fly
My toes can touch the sky when I'm on my swing...

I can do it, there's nothin' to it, I can do it by myself
Had to ask for help, when I was small,
but now I can do it, I can do it all

And various other Barney songs that drift through my head. Ugh...

Old 08-07-2003, 05:58 PM   #21
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Oh yeah? Well take this:

"Slip Slop Slap"

Right........(where is the scared emoticon when you need it??)

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-07-2003, 06:10 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

today's persistent tune:

"Well, justice is the one thing you can always find. You gotta saddle up yo boys. You gotta draw a hard line...

We'll raise our glasses against evil forces/ Singing whisky for my men, beer for my horses."

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 09:11 PM   #23
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: signoftimes
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas
I buy diamonds by the ton
chase cuties in my Cadillac
and drill oil wells just for fun...
...but when it comes to boots
I need a deal that'll fit me right from toe to heel
so I get my boots at
Western Warehouse
Damnit, I haven't lived in Texas in over a year. Why did you have to get that in my head.

Same with trophy Nissan
Old 08-07-2003, 09:20 PM   #24
BRIAN27

BRIAN27 is on a distinguished road

Insurance Depot commercial song is annoying. "Call us at the depot, insurance depot"
BRIAN27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

This girl at work won't stop singing that Beyonce & Jay-Z song, "Crazy in Love." Although there is that nice shout out to NVE in it.

That Coors Light Wingman song. Wingmaaaaaan-annnn!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:43 AM   #26
signoftimes

This got stuck in my head this morning:

Oh Margie,
you came and you brought me a turkey
on my vacation from workey.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:47 AM   #27
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

This new song with "Oh-Oh, Oh-Oh" at the beginning.
Makes me wanna crash my car whenever I'm driving.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:55 AM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
That reminds me of an old Duran Duran song that would frequently cause me to almost kill myself in a wreck trying to change the channel before having to endure it... "Nah Nah - Notorius".
Old 08-08-2003, 08:56 AM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
That reminds me of an old Duran Duran song that would frequently cause me to almost kill myself in a wreck trying to change the channel before having to endure it... "Nah Nah - Notorius".
Old 08-08-2003, 12:49 PM   #30
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Video Killed the Radio Star

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:06 PM   #31
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ames... great song!

"but she's towing an anchor, a junior investment banker" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2003, 01:10 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

All the advertising guys are happy today. I remember basically all of those although that damn wesssssstwaaaaaaaay ford one was particularly nasty.

Also on my list....Southtown Ford just off 35 Allsbury exit Fort Worth.......
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 10:55 PM   #33
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Anyone remember these?

Zack, Zack, he's a Lego maniac

Oh my god, Ape, if you only knew the torturous hell that song used to put me through... That being my first name and all, I must have heard people sing that to me a dozen times a day in middle school and early high school. Someone at my work actually sang that song to me the other day, felt like punching him in the face...

Old 08-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #34
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all got all the good commercial jingles.. except..

Think YOUNG... Rodney D Young!

I really hate the Trophy Nissan one. What is up with that? Trophy, Trophy, Trophy Nissaaawwnn!?! They actually sing it like they're asking themselves, "is THIS what we're supposed to say?"

Dooby got the Dalworth number wrong..it's 267-8433.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Heard it a few million times growing up.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:11 AM   #35
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

"Why can't we be friends..."
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:13 AM   #36
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Oh yeah? Well take this:

"Slip Slop Slap"

I can't believe this made it!

I hope this crow did not go International!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote