Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-12-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default Best Pizza

This was on MSNBC last week. Best Pizza

But Dallas wasn't on the list of cities (Tucson AZ made the list??) Anyway, I just wanted to know what everyone here thought the best Pizza in Dallas is. (Posters outside of Dallas can give suggestions for when we visit their towns)

I live off of Lower Greenville, so there's plenty of places I like down there. Campisi's, Piggy Pies and Louie's
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Best Pizza

Mama's Pizza.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default Best Pizza

Papa John's
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Best Pizza

Mama's Pizza.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Best Pizza

Papa Johns.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:26 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Best Pizza

I chowed down on Piggie Pies quite a bit when I lived near SMU. They serve up some damn fine New York style pizza.

Campisi's is different, but good. Try the salami pizza.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 03:40 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

of the delivery places, i like papa john's the best.

here in nashville, the best pizza i've had is not at any italian places, but at two sports-bar type places. Sam's and Jonathan's. GREAT pizzas. Sam's is hands down my favorite place in nashville. great wings, great pizza. if you're ever in nashville, and want to eat at a casual place, seriously, go to Sam's in hillsboro village. so y'all better remember that.

Mellow Mushroom is ok (it's a chain), too.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:14 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Best Pizza

1) Sal and Carmine's, on the west side of Broadway between 101st and 102nd street.

A cheese slice. My favorite crust, but not on my regular path; so

2) Italian Village, on the east side of 1st Ave, between 80th/81st--

A meatball slice and a sausage slice. But I don't sleep well afterward, so I often settle for:

3) Sal's (unrelated) on the east side of Madison, b/w 95th/96th.

A chicken cutlet paremesan slice. One and only one. No more than one.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:37 PM   #9
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default Best Pizza

In Dallas, it's Piggy Pies. Hands down.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #10
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Pizza

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Mama's Pizza.
Mama's in Fort Worth is excellent.

Barry's in Arlington is awesome.

Here in Waco, Poppa Rollo's is the best pizza parlor, and Mazzio's is the best chain.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:51 PM   #11
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default Best Pizza

Quote:
In Dallas, it's Piggy Pies. Hands down.
Goat cheese and chicken pizza
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 05:50 PM   #12
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i gotta go with campisi's on this one.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mad Mushroom cheesesticks and Pizza Express' Big 10 special in Bloomington, IN.

Pizza King (40 years old and still kicking) in Richardson...
Old 08-12-2003, 07:44 PM   #14
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default Best Pizza

Barry's and Upper Crust (both in Arlington) are very good!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:38 PM   #15
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default Best Pizza

Best Pizza I have ever had is CiCi's in Denton.

Their BBQ pizza is the best.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:24 AM   #16
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

We have a lot of American imports playing in our basketball league here, and the complaint
i hear most often is that they can't get pizza like in the US..apparently ours is totally different.
I'm always confused by the whole 'pizza pie' thing. What's that??

Anyway, best pizza i've ever had...well it's gotta be mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:05 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

awww, man. cici's pizza. there's nothign wrong with all-you-can-eat for $3.99 (used to be $2.99, but they are making better quality pizza now... so i'll pony up the extra buck). There were a bunch of CiCi's in memphis, but only one in Nashville, and i live pretty close. but this one is not that great, unfortunately... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #18
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default Best Pizza

Piggie Pies is great, but my fav is Sagno's

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #19
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default Best Pizza

Piggie Pies is great, but my fav is Sagno's.

And Campisis is overated

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:52 AM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Best Pizza

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
awww, man. cici's pizza. there's nothign wrong with all-you-can-eat for $3.99 (used to be $2.99, but they are making better quality pizza now... so i'll pony up the extra buck). There were a bunch of CiCi's in memphis, but only one in Nashville, and i live pretty close. but this one is not that great, unfortunately... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I prefer Gattis to cici's. All you can eat for 6:00. It also includes, pasta,salad, soft drink and dessert.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

cici's has salad, pasta (like baked ziti i think... not a full selection of pasta), soft drinks, and dessert pizzas. it's $3.99 plus the price of a soft drink, which isn't much. plus cici's has neat pizzas like the alfredo pizza and stuff like that. BEAT THAT! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 01:02 PM   #22
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Best Pizza

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
cici's has salad, pasta (like baked ziti i think... not a full selection of pasta), soft drinks, and dessert pizzas. it's $3.99 plus the price of a soft drink, which isn't much. plus cici's has neat pizzas like the alfredo pizza and stuff like that. BEAT THAT! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Gatti's also give you crushed red peppers.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:08 PM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

so does cici's... AND parmesan cheese! and your choice of salad dressings on the salad bar. and croutons! and all the pizzas have crust!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #24
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Best Pizza

Gatti's is $6 after taxes with drink. cici's 3.99 +tax without drink.

Also there is a game room for kids at Gatti's. And they have some good looking girls working there. Gatti's has all you can eat the entire day. Gatti's has 6 letters in its name, Cici's has only 5.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:19 PM   #25
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

just weighing in...gatti's pizza definitely tastes better than cici's, and it is closer to my house...so i am with mff on this one.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:28 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ah but cici's is closer to my house, so i am with... myself on this one.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #27
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Double Dave's - all you can eat Pizza AND peperroni rolls. Plus, they serve cold beer. On Wednesday, it's $6.00 for all you can eat and one cold draft beer. Every beer after that is only a dollar. Good for watching sports, getting full, and getting sloshed.

Mamma's has an all you can eat pizza buffet too. They serve beer in pitchers. Not quite as cheap as Double Dave's Wednesday special, but the beer is still cold and the pizza is certainly better than Cici's - which is really a mix between Chuck E Cheese and the stuff under the Wall-Mart heat lamp.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #28
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Pizza

Cici's is the king of all cheap pizza. I had it for lunch today. Like BBL said, used to be $4.31 w/ a drink, now it's $5.50. Still the best value.

Chain/Delivery crown goes to Papa John's by far. Pizza Hut is overrated garbage!

Best one-off place... I'm down w/ KG on Poppa Rollo's in Waco... VERY good stuff.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

cici's would be awesome if it had beer... i'll have to see if there's a pizza buffet with beer here in nashville...
Old 08-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Pizza Inn.... that was always my favorite delivery pizza. But now, if I eat Pizza it comes from Campisis. They built one in Flower Mound and make deliveries.

Papa Johns comes in a close second...

Is Mr. Jims still around? That used to be pretty good also.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:35 PM   #31
madape
Diamond Member

u2sarajevo - there is a place in Flower Mound called Paulo's Pizza Cafe that's pretty good. I think it's off 2499 near 3040. Next to a place called Fish City. Ever since I've moved to the Mound, I've ordered from there. I'm not an expert on the area yet, but it's better than Pappa John's and Mr. Jim's for sure.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #32
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Pizza

Ape's loose in the Moundage..watch out.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 03:10 PM   #33
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Default Best Pizza

I love Pizzaria Uno's...their Chicago deep crust is hard to beat...Unfortunately there is not one near my home (McKinney), otherwise I would be fat on their stuff....I have bad memories of Ci'ci's (upchucking, etc.) I sure hope they have improved in the last ten years - that was the last time I was there!
Old 08-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #34
madape
Diamond Member

Default Best Pizza

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
Red Lion club - 25 cent beers every Wednesday night. Oh yeah!

Old 08-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #35
madape
Diamond Member

Default Best Pizza

Quote:
Red Lion club - 25 cent beers every Thursday night. Oh yeah!

Old 08-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

North Beach Pizza in San Francisco.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:52 PM   #37
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

mff- where exactly is that located? i will have to try it out when i get out to california!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:06 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Pizza

Quote:
mff- where exactly is that located? i will have to try it out when i get out to california!
Oh no. LOL. I don't remember street names (hardly) in SF, just get there by feel. Lame, I know. I want to say the original (might not be the original, just the one I've always known) is on Grant, but OP might know for sure. If you're ever out here, get yourself a map of the city and look for the North Beach distract and you'll find this one.

They opened a new one on Fisherman's Wharf at Pier 39. That's on Embarcadero Street. Everyone knows where Fisherman's Wharf is or how to get there easy enough. That would probably be the easiest to find, plus great shopping.

I just noticed in the article provided, that one is on Haight street. I had no idea.

Instead of editing, I'll give you this link to check it out:

North Beach Pizza
Old 08-13-2003, 09:12 PM   #39
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

So no one is going to explain to me the difference between pizza & pizza pie?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:12 PM   #40
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default Best Pizza

Quote:
what must the neighbors be thinking...?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

for delivery, i like papa johns (sliced tomates, mushrooms and beef!).

but i am thrilled with any kind of pizza! "i could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens."

mff, i think those girls at cici's are what you might call "jail bait".