Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-06-2002, 02:44 PM   #1
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

hi ya'll...

did you ever play with Lego as a kid or are you still playing with it ?

then...
check this out...

Lego is getting older... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and in the meantime they have a great
sports section...

and big guys play with it too...

lego.com report

have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2002, 02:46 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Legos kick ass.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 02:52 PM   #3
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

c'mon doc...
what did you play with when you were a kid ?
let me guess !? with a chemistry kit ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 05:04 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I loved legos...kick ass means they are awesome....

I also had lincoln logs and tinker toys. But yes, I did have a chemistry set too...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 05:09 PM   #5
Novice#41
Golden Member

<< I loved legos...kick ass means they are awesome.... >>

thanks for informing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

did you check the links ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 05:14 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Coolest LEGO Kit Ever!

Damn thing is 3-feet long.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:25 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

&quot;Ages: 4-9&quot; For an instant I thought 49 ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 05:30 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

The coolest lego set I ever saw was in a mall. Someone had built a replica of the White House. It was about 15 feet wide and about 6 feet high. Very impressive. At other spots in the mall, there was the Washington Monument, a lifesized clown, the liberty bell complete with crack, and many many others.

That Imperial Star Cruiser set is pretty cool.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:50 PM   #9
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Dooby, the ad reads for ages 16+. That's the strangest age requirement I've ever seen on a toy. What developmental skill set in at 16? I guess I won't be buying that for the boys this Christmas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Find me some cool stuff a 4 year old can have. They already have tinker toys and can make some pretty advanced stuff with them.

Can a boy have an Easy Bake Oven?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:56 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Can a boy have an Easy Bake Oven? >>

Sure. If you want him to grow up and change his name to Francine and join a cult.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:57 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< The coolest lego set I ever saw was in a mall. Someone had built a replica of the White House. It was about 15 feet wide and about 6 feet high. Very impressive. At other spots in the mall, there was the Washington Monument, a lifesized clown, the liberty bell complete with crack, and many many others.

That Imperial Star Cruiser set is pretty cool.
>>

They handed out free crack? Oh.

I am not talking about the bix exhibits. I am talking about an actual set made by LEGO. The Star Destroyer is the coolest.

Old 11-06-2002, 10:19 PM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<<

<< Can a boy have an Easy Bake Oven? >>

Sure. If you want him to grow up and change his name to Francine and join a cult.
>>

Darn! But, I suppose the Star Wars-Droids movie they've been glued to all week is ok w/you.

I need toy ideas. They will be 4 Dec. 8th and then Christmas. I will be buying lots of toys in the next few weeks (no Easy Bake Oven).
Old 11-07-2002, 03:19 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

4 yrs old....hhmmmm.......

Chemistry set

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< 4 yrs old....hhmmmm.......

Chemistry set

>>

Are you out of your mind? Do you know what they could do w/a chemistry set?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 04:43 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've still got boxes of old legos buried in a closet... I used to play with those for hours and hours...
Old 11-07-2002, 05:00 PM   #16
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

<< I need toy ideas. >>

ill fitting underwear. That's what I got from my relatives every year till a couple of years ago.

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:05 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

<<

<< 4 yrs old....hhmmmm.......

Chemistry set

>>

Are you out of your mind? Do you know what they could do w/a chemistry set?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
>>

hee hee....you're asking ME if I know what four year old twins could do with a chemistry set? hahaha.....

the obvious answer is to cure cancer. You would be mom of the year.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #18
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< I've still got boxes of old legos buried in a closet... I used to play with those for hours and hours... >>

Used to? Own up Evilmav, you still get them out and play with them (LOL). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 07:52 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

I still play with legos...the boys have those Star Wars Pod Racer sets...those damn things are awesome. We build something every other week or so. Best toy ever.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:27 PM   #20
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< I still play with legos...the boys have those Star Wars Pod Racer sets...those damn things are awesome. We build something every other week or so. Best toy ever. >>

I totally believe you, Doc.
We aren't at the age for anything that cool yet.
I do need to replace their current hobbies, climbing out windows and riding the garage door.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:57 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Keep an eye on them...they go from riding the garage door to riding the girl next door....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2002, 12:01 AM   #22
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< Keep an eye on them...they go from riding the garage door to riding the girl next door....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

I'm bringing my kids up a little better than that!
Never! No girls are getting near my boys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2002, 12:02 AM   #23
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I think I will get the Easy Bake Oven after all.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:05 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

hahaha...the wife said the exact same thing!

Old 11-15-2002, 04:08 PM   #25
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

How about a Creepy Crawler Oven?
Although it is for ages 8-12 the Plasti-Goop is non-toxic. Just when do little boys stop eating their toys? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2002, 05:10 PM   #26
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Has anybody else looked at the Dirk lego? It looks like Phil Donohue. Scary.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 05:31 PM   #27
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

oh my god! Dirk the 1st one of seen with hair.
That's awesome!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 05:35 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha! phil donahue! dead on, man!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:09 PM   #29
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< oh my god! Dirk the 1st one of seen with hair.
That's awesome!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
>>

You can't tell me you approve of that hair can you Veruca?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:14 PM   #30
veruca salt
Platinum Member

in a funny, kitschy way, it's hilarious.
It's a piece of lego, i dont know what you were expecting!

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-15-2002, 06:55 PM   #31
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< in a funny, kitschy way, it's hilarious.
>>

Blonde hair? :-)
Old 11-15-2002, 07:49 PM   #32
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Lego's are awesome.. man, I had the biggest box of Legos in history.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:21 PM   #33
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<<

<< in a funny, kitschy way, it's hilarious.
>>

Blonde hair? :-)
>>

oh no, his hair is definitely dirty blonde [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-17-2002, 10:59 AM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Donohue! hahahahaha

Sweets- they stop about a year from now.

Rhylan- when my boys were young I ran a nad in the paper offering to buy legos. I had three 30 gallon tubs full of them for the boys. It was awesome!
Old 11-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #35
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

A nad, Doc?

An arm and a leg maybe, but...
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:39 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

hahahahaha.....

&quot;an AD&quot; you goofus.....that was classic.

damn type-os....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2003, 12:05 PM   #37
Novice#41
Golden Member

bump...

check this out...

Old 02-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #38
Novice#41
Golden Member

bump...

wow - isn't that great ?!

ok forget stern but this lifesize LEGO replica
of Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki... it's amazing !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #39
Novice#41
Golden Member

Default L E G O ...

bump...

Quote:
but this lifesize LEGO replica of Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki... it's amazing !
wahoo... and now we have it here in germany [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...

Dallas Maverics' Dirk Nowitzki stands beside his image made out of plastic bricks, during
a visit to Legoland Germany, in Guenzburg, southern Germany, Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2003.

...immortalized himself with his handprints on the new "Wall of Fame" during his visit in
the Legoland Germany in Guenzburg, southern Germany, on Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2003.

Dirk Nowitzki celebrates after he threw a penalty during his visit in the Legoland Germany
in Guenzburg, southern Germany, on Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2003

Dirk Nowitzki driving in the "Wellenflug" coaster during his visit in the Legoland Germany in
Guenzburg, southern Germany, on Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2003.

looks like he enjoyed this quite much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

to enlarge the pics follow this link legoland... yahoooooo

August 6 2003

Wall of Fame opened in LEGOLAND Deutschland

LEGOLAND Deutschland now has its own LEGO Wall of Fame. The first celebrity to get his handprint on the wall next to his own life-size LEGO model was German NBA star Dirk Nowitzki. Dirk Nowitzki from Dallas Mavericks is the only German player in the National Basketball Association in USA and he has recently been selected for the NBA All Star team.

Yesterday Dirk Nowitzki was in the German LEGOLAND Park to open the new Wall of Fame. He was accompanied by several cameramen and journalists from German TV, radio and press.

”It was great to have Dirk Nowitzki in the Park. First he put his handprint on the Wall of Fame where the guests also can see the 2.13 meters life-size LEGO model of Dirk. After this he had a good game of LEGO Basketball with some of the children in the Park and he also had time for a ride on the Wave Racers in the LEGO X-treme area,” says Kristina Krupp from LEGOLAND Deutschland.

Dirk Nowitzki is also on of the NBA stars included in the LEGO NBA Collectors mini-figure series. In LEGOLAND Deutschland six life-size LEGO models of NBA All Stars are on display: Jason Kidd from New Jersey Nets, Chris Webber from Sacramento Kings, Kevin Garnett from Minnesota Timberwolfs, Shaquille O´Neill from Los Angeles Lakers, Vince Carter from Toronto Raptors and Dirk Nowitzki.