Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #41
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolvid View Post
You must of just began seeing the nba if you think any player in this series will score 40 points against each other, neither dirk or lebron will score 40
I of.

Wait, I not of. I of been watching for years.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #42
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It would take extraordinary circumstances for anyone to do that given the defensive attention both teams are allotting to the two players.
Oh, that I agree with you I'm just saying they are both such extraordinary players it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

As for my original post on the subject it was an attempt to be cheerfully optimistic nothing more.

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 06-01-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #43
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't dismiss this too casually. He still has to grip the ball with his left hand, finish with his left hand at times, play defense etc. Plus does anyone doubt the Heat are going to use this blessing to their advantage someway?
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

definitely not thread worthy so ill just post it here apparently Miller left the arena in a sling...
Old 06-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #45
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
definitely not thread worthy so ill just post it here apparently Miller left the arena in a sling...
Sounds as if Miller has more of a problem then Dirk. The flip-side is that Miller is not their star player.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #46
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Miller gives them a big rebounding advantage over Jet, even if numbers don't bare it out, that is definitely something I am worried about. When you have to pay extra attention to a guard when defensive rebounding it can be tough.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #47
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Miller gives them a big rebounding advantage over Jet, even if numbers don't bare it out, that is definitely something I am worried about. When you have to pay extra attention to a guard when defensive rebounding it can be tough.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but why are you worried about this? If Miller is having trouble with his shoulder it should be to our advantage?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #48
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

The Heat have hardly used Miller this year, due to injuries. They don't need him to win. His scoring and rebounding is icing on an already disgustingly sweet cake. I would say the Mavs need Dirk totally healthy to win, no?
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 AM   #49
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

I'm not too worried about Dirk he was not looking to bad in the fourth and you know he had to be playing through pain.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #50
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Just when I thought that Wade's diva-esque shoulder could be an advantage, Dirk messes up his finger. Bummer. Still hope it doesn't affect him too much. We'll probably see in Game 2.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #51
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LeBron James downplayed it, too.

“Dirk’s right-handed,” James said. “He’ll be all right.”
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/0...s=iref:nbahpt1
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #52
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I hope in Game 2 Dirk will score 40 or more points

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #53
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

This just fucking blows. I woke up this morning thinking, you know, we're going to be all right.

Then I checked twitter....damn, that curse old lady Salvatore put on us in '06 is a bitch.

But, just another obstacle to overcome boys and girls.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #54
Frank89149

Frank89149 is infamous around these parts

Miller's been playing with bum shoulder. He took a shot on it and reaggrivated it. It's a bruise. I take him and Dirk and their words that they'll mitigate and be fine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6613982

Last edited by Frank89149; 06-01-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Frank89149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #55
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Dirk will still get his. He does love going to his left though so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Won't matter if someone else doesn't step up and score consistently. HELLO, JET?!

Dirk won't make it an excuse and neither should we. I do love how Heat fans alike and other people are saying "Mavericks are already coming up with excuses?" I mean what the fuck!? How is reporting a guy tore a tendon in his finger making an excuse? Never knew stating a fact was excuse making.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-01-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #56
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Are we forgetting that Dirk finished the game with this injury? It might effect his defense/rebounding/layups, but the play which it occurred on was by no means the closing seconds, and he still finished the game and nobody could even see a difference. In theory, a splint should help.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #57
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be fine. Also, he'll likely get tired of it and toss the splint. The general feeling is he'll be alright.

Roll credits.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #58
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Dirk knows this is probably his last shot at a title. So he will do everything in his power to play through this and I think he will.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #59
koolvid
Banned

koolvid is infamous around these parts

just firk trying to cover up for his loss
koolvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #60
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What??

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more worried about the splint than the injury. Shit like that messes you up. I think it would be better to just wrap it in tape/bandage. A splint is pretty damn cumbersome.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #62
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i trust in Dirk.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #63
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What??
or "wat"??
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #64
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

I've done this playing basketball before. It actually isn't painful after it happens...it just feels "weird." You tell your finger to bend or straighten and it just sits there 'cause the tendon isn't connected.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #65
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
You realize we speak English on this board?

Since I've been without the internet for an entire day I was curious any word on how Dirk did in practice?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #66
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
I've done this playing basketball before. It actually isn't painful after it happens...it just feels "weird." You tell your finger to bend or straighten and it just sits there 'cause the tendon isn't connected.
So every time Dirk tries to make a fist he ends up flipping the bird (to the media, to Stern, to the city of Miami, etc.) instead?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #67
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
So putting it into the splint is the best road to take? or should he just bandage it alongside another finger?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #68
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

He just tweeted he will be rubbing some dirt on it and getting the F on with his day that will end with a Mavs win tonight.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #69
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
So putting it into the splint is the best road to take? or should he just bandage it alongside another finger?
You pretty much have to splint it to get it to heal straight. I waited, and my finger is crooked to this date. I think he'll splint from the top to protect it from the douchebag bosh, but he's not going to be able to bend his finger. I did it to my middle finger on my shooting hand, so shooting was pretty much out of the question. I don't know what a non shooting hand would be like.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #70
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Just read an article where Tim Legler talked about how the finger would affect Dirk, and one of the factors he mentioned more than once was the extra time it takes to line up the seems with a messed up finger.

Except...any Mav fan paying attention can tell ol' Timmy that Dirk doesn't line up the seems.

Nice analysis Timmy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #71
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Just add to the legacy boys after we win it all. Torn tendon or not, the destiny won't be denied.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #72
snackdaddy

snackdaddy is infamous around these parts

Face it guys, Dirk ain't no Kobe. He looks like he don't even wanna shoot sometimes. Where's that awkward fallaway he was killing everyone with in the west playoffs? Has he even tried one? Kobe's the only guy tough enough to play with a bum finger and do well.
snackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #73
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdaddy View Post
Face it guys, Dirk ain't no Kobe. He looks like he don't even wanna shoot sometimes. Where's that awkward fallaway he was killing everyone with in the west playoffs? Has he even tried one? Kobe's the only guy tough enough to play with a bum finger and do well.
Ahem....what was that you were saying now?
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #74
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Kobe only dreams of ever having Dirk's awesomeness.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 AM   #75
kchan4487

kchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
He's not Kobe because he has chunks of Kobe's clutch prowess in his stool.
kchan4487 is offline   Reply With Quote