Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of
Default Mavs Who Should Be In All-star Weekend

I'm hoping fans and coaches don't overlook the Mavs to vote in one player or two.

I'm vouching for Ellis to get in. Mainly cause Westbrook and Bledsoe are both out. Ellis has been on a good start of consistent scoring. He deserves to be a backup. Also to play in the skills challenge.

Dirk has a long shot but is putting up consistent numbers. He'll have Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love in his way to just been a backup though. Oh yeah and that guy Duncan.

Another player I hope they put in for the 3 point competition has to be Calderon.

Should any of our players participate during all-weekend? Skills challenge, 3 point shootout, dunk contest, or the all-star game itself.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Monta Ellis ought to be representing us in the All-Star game this season. I hope he somehow gets in because he's having a better season than a lot of the guys that are getting more votes than him. Let's take a look at the third returns announced for the West Backcourt:
1. Kobe Bryant (LAL) 844,538
2. Stephen Curry (GS) 677,372
3. Chris Paul (LAC) 651,073
4. Jeremy Lin (Hou) 471,980
5. James Harden (Hou) 338,788
6. Russell Westbrook (OKC) 260,499
7. Tony Parker (SA) 195,328
8. Damian Lillard (Por) 162,363
9. Klay Thompson (GS) 108,404
10. Ricky Rubio (Min) 97,265

Kobe is out. Steph Curry has become one of the best point guards in the league. Chris Paul is out. Jeremy Lin has folks from China voting for him. Harden is having a really good season even though his game is mostly based on tricking the refs. Westbrook is out again, hope he can heal up that knee. And out of the other 4 guys on the list, (Parker, Lillard, Thompson, and Ricky Rubio) only Lillard is having a better season than Ellis. I see no reason why Ellis shouldn't be an all-star this season, but sadly enough dude is not even on the list. Hopefully the coaches can get him in. These next few weeks will be crucial, if he continues to play well I think the coaches will have no other choice but to give this man his first all-star berth.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

And that's why I think fans voting for all stars has gotten terrible. Jeremy Lin playing in the game over Ellis would be a joke. The league should start basing it on statistics.

Last edited by yahyes; 01-15-2014 at 04:51 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

lol y'all are crazy if you think monta ellis should be an all-star.

and i like monta ellis.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker View Post
lol y'all are crazy if you think monta ellis should be an all-star.

and i like monta ellis.
He's arguably the 2nd best SG in the West this year behind Harden. The only reason he wouldn't make it is because there are some many awesome PG's (Paul, Curry, Lillard, Parker, Conley, Thomas, Bledsoe/Dragic).