Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #441
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Stevenson was a huge part of our championship and Green is a much better and younger version.
If everyone was ball dominant we'd have the same mess we had with Rondo/Ellis/Parsons.
I don't disagree with you, but our championship team sported a Dirk still in his prime (legend). While I am a fan of Chandler Parsons, I don't believe he will ever be good enough to be a #1 go to scorer. A solid #2 is where I see him peaking (17-19 ppg with solid utility in his game). I think my point still stands. I love a team of Parsons, Jordan, Green to build around. That trio is still missing a #1 guy imo.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-26-2015 at 06:05 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #442
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
He provides godly court spreading nightmares for teams. He can play lock down defense. That combination is highly coveted in today's NBA. Is it worth 12 million a year? I don't think so in yesterday's NBA. Not even in today's 68 million cap NBA. But if your doing this for tomorrow's NBA (88million?) then you got something there.

Green + Jordan would give us incredible defense for the next 5 years. Add in Parsons who I think will only grow under Carlisle and I think you got a nice recipe for success. We need a solid #1 scoring option still IMO but that's what 15-16 is for.
He'll be a bargain after this year.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #443
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

With the cap space going really high next year. What are the chances of trying to get Dragic, Green, Aldridge, and Jordan signed in Dallas?

Last edited by yahyes; 06-26-2015 at 06:20 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #444
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
With the cap space going really high next year. What are the chances of trying to get Dragic, Green, Aldridge, and Jordan signed in Dallas?
The chances of getting all 4 is about zero -- you still have to stay under this year's cap... But you could get 2 of them.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #445
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
The same odds of me getting a maximum contract with the Mavericks
Old 06-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #446
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The chances of getting all 4 is about zero -- you still have to stay under this year's cap... But you could get 2 of them.
If Cubes breaks the bank. I think it can happen. Have Dragic and Green on a one year. Aldridge and Jordan long term deals. I forgot how under the cap Mavs are right now.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #447
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, but our championship team sported a Dirk still in his prime (legend). While I am a fan of Chandler Parsons, I don't believe he will ever be good enough to be a #1 go to scorer. A solid #2 is where I see him peaking (17-19 ppg with solid utility in his game). I think my point still stands. I love a team of Parsons, Jordan, Green to build around. That trio is still missing a #1 guy imo.
I think the point is to build the most attractive supporting cast available for a star FA in 2016.
Jordan/Parsons/Green/Aminu/Anderson/Dirk would be pretty attractive for a scoring stud.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:20 PM   #448
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

https://twitter.com/fishsports

Fish is saying the Cowboys, Jerry, Romo and Dez to help recruit Jordan and Aldridge.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #449
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
https://twitter.com/fishsports

Fish is saying the Cowboys, Jerry, Romo and Dez to help recruit Jordan and Aldridge.
Fluffers.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #450
Underdog

Quote:
If Cubes breaks the bank. I think it can happen. Have Dragic and Green on a one year. Aldridge and Jordan long term deals. I forgot how under the cap Mavs are right now.
Yahno... The salary cap prevents the bank from being broken, for the most part. The only way Cuban could've thrown money at this year's roster is if we brought back all of last year's guys with Bird Rights, keeping the core of Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler intact... You can go over the cap to re-sign your own guys, but you can't do it to sign outside free agents.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:06 AM   #451
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yahno... The salary cap prevents the bank from being broken, for the most part. The only way Cuban could've thrown money at this year's roster is if we brought back all of last year's guys with Bird Rights, keeping the core of Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler intact... You can go over the cap to re-sign your own guys, but you can't do it to sign outside free agents.
Yah but if Green and Dragic can agree to a min 1 year deal. It can actually happen offering Aldridge and Jordan a well planned contract. Then after next year when the cap goes up. Front office will look at more to offer Green and Dragic contract wise. Depending on the outcome. Especially having Dirk be the 6th man. Just a thought.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #452
Underdog

Quote:
Yah but if Green and Dragic can agree to a min 1 year deal.
They won't... Hell, Dragic is looking for a max contract -- even if he somehow agreed to a 1-year deal, it wouldn't be anywhere near minimum. Changing around the length of the deal doesn't change how much these guys are looking for per year (and how much they want per year is the only thing that matters right now as we try to assemble a team under a $67m cap).

Nah, the only way to take advantage of the cap spike early is to overpay guys now based on their projected future value, like we did with Parsons. Otherwise you have to wait until next year when the cap actually goes up.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-27-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #453
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

David Aldridge: An under the radar free agent will be Dallas’ Al-Faroqu Aminu. Sked to visit NYK, BOS, POR, TOR & NOP, w/Mavs still in mix.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #454
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
David Aldridge: An under the radar free agent will be Dallas’ Al-Faroqu Aminu. Sked to visit NYK, BOS, POR, TOR & NOP, w/Mavs still in mix.
I do not like this. Mavs better lock him up. If they wait, which they always do, he will be gone.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #455
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I do not like this. Mavs better lock him up. If they wait, which they always do, he will be gone.
Locking him up early just doesn't make sense till we know where we stand with our main targets. And I'm a huge Aminu fan
Old 06-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #456
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
If someone offers him more than 4 mil a year, then he likely won't come back anyway.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:02 PM   #457
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

does drafting Anderson imply no pursuit of D. Green?

they seem to do the same things (but w Anderson being able to guard more positions)

or is Anderson more of a project?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #458
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

they seem to do the same things (but w Anderson being able to guard more positions)

or is Anderson more of a project?
Danny Green is a proven impact starter, we drafted a guy lack in the first round that may not be good. The 2 are not related.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #459
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I wouldn't say that, but it definitely lessens the NEED to get Danny Green.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #460
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Danny Green is a proven impact starter, we drafted a guy lack in the first round that may not be good. The 2 are not related.
they are related if the FO believes Anderson is an NBA ready defender and that his acquisition allows them to spend money elsewhere.

my question was not " is Anderson currently as good Green?", but was more wondering if it could signify anything beyond that they liked the kid's talent.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:34 PM   #461
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Yeah - they'll still target Green and Mathews, I'm sure. Anderson will be better for it, too, if they nab one of them.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:50 PM   #462
mavs777
Diamond Member

I've started to talk myself into taking the risk of Matthews coming off injury but no way at 15 million, can't imagine anyone giving him that. Anyways nice to see parsons effort

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon · 2m2 minutes ago
Spotted hanging out with Chandler Parsons and DeAndre Jordan in LA this week: free agent SG Wesley Matthews.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:10 AM   #463
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs have an urgent need at PG, SG and probably center (agewise)

They would choose Jordan over Chandler simply because of age/future/getting a young attractive team for the 2016 FA

The PG market is pretty much non-existent (Dragic too expensive, probably not available anyway etc) so they look at the SG options and Green and Matthews are doable. Green if you overpay him slightly and Matthews as a litte gamble.

So the logic choice would be Jordan and Matthews/Green. And next summer throwing max at a PG (Conley).

Try to get a Jordan commitment as fast as possible. If he doesnt sign you have the money to re-sign Chandler and Aminu (12 and 6m)
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #464
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

What I liked about Matthews was how many times it was said after
his achilles injury that "he was the heart and soul of the team".
I like players that have that persona.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-29-2015 at 08:52 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #465
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Mavs have an urgent need at PG, SG and probably center (agewise)

They would choose Jordan over Chandler simply because of age/future/getting a young attractive team for the 2016 FA

The PG market is pretty much non-existent (Dragic too expensive, probably not available anyway etc) so they look at the SG options and Green and Matthews are doable. Green if you overpay him slightly and Matthews as a litte gamble.

So the logic choice would be Jordan and Matthews/Green. And next summer throwing max at a PG (Conley).

Try to get a Jordan commitment as fast as possible. If he doesnt sign you have the money to re-sign Chandler and Aminu (12 and 6m)
This is well-reasoned and probably pretty accurate. I would still be tempted to err on the side of Aldridge, who is an actual franchise player, but if this is a two year plan that actually nets someone of Conley's caliber that's certainly an interesting way to go.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #466
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Tmac
Quote:
Source says Heat, Bulls, Lakers and Mavs among teams with interest in JJ Barea. Hear he wants multiyear deal in $3M per range.
Ugggh.... 3m........

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...25189548666881
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #467
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

thats his market price with the new CBA. Give him the mMLE....

Aminu is going to get more than the mMLE anyway
Old 06-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #468
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm sorry, but no way you pay Barea 3 mil a year. I'd rather have Mo Williams at that price, and even then, not crazy about the amount.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-29-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #469
sefant77
Guru

3m is pretty much the new vet min in the new CBA...

If we have Jordan or Chandler we really need a good P&R PG...

Last edited by sefant77; 06-29-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #470
KillerLeft

Quote:

...and Barea is one of the best. One dimensional, but THAT's his dimension.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #471
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

While I agree 3m is not bad considering the cap increase I don't see us offering him a long term contract which negates the idea of offering his future value in the present. JJ is great at the PnR, but so is almost every pg in free agency.

We have lots of holes, the exception could be better used IMO.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #472
yahyes
Banned

The biggest reason we keep JJ is him knowing our system. There were a number of good games he played this past season. There's gotta be a core group coming back. JJ is one of the guys.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #473
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Mavs need to find a starting PG before they worry about Barea. I'd love for Devin to start, but his injury issues just won't go away. And I just don't think it's wise to pay that much for a third string pg since Devin is already under contract...regardless of the new CBA. And don't get me wrong...I do like Barea and what he did in the playoffs. I just think the resources need to be spent wisely this offseason.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #474
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
JJ is great at the PnR, but so is almost every pg in free agency.
I'm not trying to lead the "Barea is great" cause or anything, but the above isn't really accurate, imo. In terms of creating offense out of the pick-and-roll, Barea might be top 5-10 in the league. He's pretty bad ass at that. Much, much better than many fans in Dallas believe, I think.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #475
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Mavs need to find a starting PG before they worry about Barea. I'd love for Devin to start, but his injury issues just won't go away. And I just don't think it's wise to pay that much for a third string pg since Devin is already under contract...regardless of the new CBA. And don't get me wrong...I do like Barea and what he did in the playoffs. I just think the resources need to be spent wisely this offseason.
The thing is, Barea really wouldn't be "3rd String"...just like always, we'd see a lot of small-ball, so Barea and Harris would both get plenty of time.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #476
sefant77
Guru

They are going adress the longterm PG situation 2016...i think this year they are fine with a Harris/Barea combo and fixing SG and C longterm...
Old 06-29-2015, 06:44 PM   #477
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I'm not trying to lead the "Barea is great" cause or anything, but the above isn't really accurate, imo. In terms of creating offense out of the pick-and-roll, Barea might be top 5-10 in the league. He's pretty bad ass at that. Much, much better than many fans in Dallas believe, I think.
Per Synergy numbers-

Synergy stats PnR

JJ(298 possessions)(44th in percentile 150+ possessions)
Frequency: 45.9% Points per Possession: 0.81 FG%: 40.7% Percentile: 65.9%

Aaron Brooks(482 possessions)(10th in percentile 150+ possessions)
Frequency: 46.0% Points per Possession: 0.90 FG%: 45.5% Percentile: 85.4%

Jeremy Lin(378 possessions)(32nd in percentile 150+ possessions)
Frequency: 39.9% Points per Possession: 0.83 FG%: 41.9% Percentile: 72.5%

For comparative purposes-

CP3(698 possessions)(2nd in percentile 150+ possessions)
Frequency: 46.5% Points per Possession: 0.97 FG%: 49.6% Percentile: 93.0%

I get the love for JJ but I feel he is being over-valued simply because he is a fan favorite. I want him back but not at Mini-Mid exception level money when it could be better utilized elsewhere.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-29-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:58 PM   #478
KillerLeft

Bryan, thanks for the stats. Very interesting, but I stand by my original assessment. Barea is in no way a favorite of mine, but I do think that one part of his game is pretty special. Obviously, CP3 is on a different level, but as far as everyone in between, there are other factors in play with stats like that.

I won't know if I'll want Barea back until we know his market value, but I think he's pretty integral to any kind of continuity Dallas has a chance to establish next seson.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #479
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Didn't want to Necro the Carmelo thread from last year (mods feel free to) but this article and the entire situation makes me smile:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/knicks...203447047.html
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #480
Underdog

Quote:
Didn't want to Necro the Carmelo thread from last year (mods feel free to) but this article and the entire situation makes me smile:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/knicks...203447047.html
lol