Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-08-2016, 05:31 PM   #361
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Rudy Gay has reportedly requested a trade from the Kings. While he isn't what I'd call a great player, he's probably about a top 75 player and has a manageable contract (two years, about $27.6M remaining). Should be plenty of suitors with how many teams we have still sitting below the cap and even the floor. Just a matter of whether they can get a first-round pick for him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #362
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
‏@espn_macmahon: Dallas signed undrafted rookie forward Dorian Finney-Smith to a partially guaranteed three-year deal. Finney-Smith, a Florida product, will get a chance to make a case that he deserves a roster spot during the Las Vegas summer league and training camp.
LOVE this pickup. He's smart, versatile, and balanced. We could use another wing, I think he takes a roster spot. My guess at final roster...

D-Will / Barea / Harris
Wes / Curry / Vander Blue
Barnes / Anderson / DFS
Dirk / Powell
Bogut / Mejri / Hammons
Old 07-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #363
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Rudy Gay has reportedly requested a trade from the Kings. While he isn't what I'd call a great player, he's probably about a top 75 player and has a manageable contract (two years, about $27.6M remaining). Should be plenty of suitors with how many teams we have still sitting below the cap and even the floor. Just a matter of whether they can get a first-round pick for him.
Woulda been worth a look if we didn't get Barnes. Be curious what his worth is.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #364
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Ezeli to Portland, Speights to the Clippers, Bogut to the Mavs, Zaza to the Warriors?

As great as the Warriors 1-4 is, and it's all time great, their 5 is our starting center last year. I realize they also got David West and Green can play the 5 in certain situations but I think there could come a scenario where they lose because of bad center play.

I have this weird feeling they won't win the championship this next season but will improve the 5 next summer and win it in 17-18.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 07-09-2016 at 01:31 PM.
DoYouEvenLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:57 PM   #365
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post
Ezeli to Portland, Speights to the Clippers, Bogut to the Mavs, Zaza to the Warriors?

As great as the Warriors 1-4 is, and it's all time great, their 5 is our starting center last year. I realize they also got David West and Green can play the 5 in certain situations but I think there could come a scenario where they lose because of bad center play.

I have this weird feeling they won't win the championship this next season but will improve the 5 next summer and win it in 17-18.
They have may lost their 5, but they picked up a top 3 player in the world. I think they'll manage.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #366
DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really niceDoYouEvenLift is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
They have may lost their 5, but they picked up a top 3 player in the world. I think they'll manage.
I'm not talking about managing I'm talking about winning the championship, which Durant has never done. Truthfully the rest of the squad won in 2015 when everyone was injured so they have a lot to prove to me. Can't just ignore the center position no matter how good the other 4 positions are it's still important for rebounding and defense.

Last edited by DoYouEvenLift; 07-09-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #367
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenLift View Post

Worse for them than having a not very good 5 may be that with their lack of depth, an injury to a key player could make them very beatable at least by elite teams.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 07-09-2016 at 03:58 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #368
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Portland matches Nets offer and keeps Crabbe per Woj.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #369
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Portland matches Nets offer and keeps Crabbe per Woj.
Likewise with the Heat and Tyler Johnson.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #370
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone can take them out in the West, it might be the spurs

They have Pau and Aldridge down low and thats how you beat GS. Just have to hope they have the firepower on offense to keep up.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #371
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe Duncan is leaving the NBA. Always seemed like a good guy other than his constant incredulity about his fouls. Mostly I was jealous of his fundamentals and skill.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #372
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Duncan OUT.

Super respect. He made the Spurs with his selflessness and easy to build around game.

The only player I would put above Dirk in Dirk's generation.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #373
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Duncan leaving makes me feel old. I remember watching that guy beat the Knicks in junior high. All those accolades, what a career.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 07-11-2016 at 10:30 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #374
DoYouEvenLift

Kobe Duncan and Peyton Manning no longer playing their respective sport, Dirk's time is coming within a few years.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #375
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Here comes the hyperbole from talking heads.

One guy had Duncan #4 all time.

Shaq said greatest power forward of all time etc etc

All I know is Dirk better get his due when its all said and done.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #376
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
All I know is Dirk better get his due when its all said and done.
He won't... Nothing new.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #377
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #378
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Said longtime rival Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks: “He was always un-flashy. That’s why he was never in the limelight so much. But he was so good. Could do it all. “Pass. Score on both blocks. Drive. Rebound. Great defender. Great shot-blocker. But he was always about winning, never about making a brand out of himself. That’s what I appreciated the most.” – via ESPN.co
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #379
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGOGZs-OTA

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #380
Underdog

Duncan retiring made me wonder what the hell ever happened to Kevin Garnett? I knew he went back to Minny to finish out his career with the team that drafted him, but for some reason I figured he had retired... Nope, still due to collect $8m next season to wave a towel (he only played 38 games last season...)

KG faded harder than Kobe.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #381
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Duncan retiring made me wonder what the hell ever happened to Kevin Garnett? I knew he went back to Minny to finish out his career with the team that drafted him, but for some reason I figured he had retired... Nope, still due to collect $8m next season to wave a towel (he only played 38 games last season...)

KG faded harder than Kobe.
ESPN put up a graphic saying "and then there was one" with a photo of KG from the 1998 draft. Dude hasnt been valuable in 3 seasons but still somewhere waving a towel
Old 07-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #382
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
This video was not what I expected at all lol

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #383
DoYouEvenLift

When BSPN mentions all time great PFs I usually hear Malone which is justifiably then Garnett who Dirk is better than IMO, but that Duncan is better than both Garnett and Malone and no mention of Dirk.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #384
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Raptors steal Jared Sullinger for 1 year/ $6 million. Yes he struggles against good athletes, but he almost averaged a double-double in 24 mpg and is a solid passer and only 24 years old. Wish we'd taken a flyer on him.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #385
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Raptors steal Jared Sullinger for 1 year/ $6 million. Yes he struggles against good athletes, but he almost averaged a double-double in 24 mpg and is a solid passer and only 24 years old. Wish we'd taken a flyer on him.
Nice signing for them. Another stretch 4 or 5 to space the floor. Helps a little with the loss of biyombo too
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #386
Melonhead
Guru

Bucks letting people know Greg Monroe is available for trade...

And whadda ya know the Spurs are interested in trading for him. What a steal having him come off the bench and can play the 4 or 5.

Last edited by Melonhead; 07-19-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #387
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Bucks letting people know Greg Monroe is available for trade...

And whadda ya know the Spurs are interested in trading for him. What a steal having him come off the bench and can play the 4 or 5.
A trade centered around Danny Green for Monroe seems to make sense for both sides... if the Spurs added Patty Mills the trade works financially.

Green and Mills are both pretty great bargain contracts right now, though, so that is a lot to give up for a guy who plays the same position as your 2nd and 3rd best players, Aldridge and Gasol.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #388
Underdog

Jae Crowder is [expletive] pissed about Durant’s “slap in the face”

Old 07-21-2016, 10:43 PM   #389
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
A trade centered around Danny Green for Monroe seems to make sense for both sides... if the Spurs added Patty Mills the trade works financially.

Green and Mills are both pretty great bargain contracts right now, though, so that is a lot to give up for a guy who plays the same position as your 2nd and 3rd best players, Aldridge and Gasol.
Interesting idea but Green is a good defender and to get thru GSW you need good perimeter defenders. Also, they'd be down their best 3pt.threat especially if they added Patty
Old 07-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #390
mac222b
Diamond Member

It's disingenuous to say "who could've foreseen him going to Golden State?!" When it was rumored for months. I think most people had it down to GSW and OKC. It's on them for showing a potential rival a gameplan.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #391
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Yeah, that's on the Celtics themselves for laying all of that out like they did. But if I were a Celtics fan, I would love Crowder even more for being like this. This is truly a fiercely competitive guy. And I like seeing this. I'm tired of the constant buddy-buddy crap throughout the league. I want to see players competitive and have some personal grudges. The Celtics are almost a throwback right now in their attitude. I may have to make a point to catch more of their games this season.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #392
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Stupid for the Celtics to give away their game plan. I like Crowder's fiery-ness, but it still doesn't change the fact that KD was a free agent who could choose where he wanted to go.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:01 AM   #393
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

D. Lee to the Spurs

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #394
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

McGee to Warriors (on a non-guaranteed camp deal)

Quote:
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine)
7/29/16, 4:33 PM
The Warriors are signing veteran center JaVale McGee to a make-good deal for a chance to make the team in training camp, league sources say.
Warriors become the Mavs and Mavs become the Warriors.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-29-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:24 AM   #395
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I still do not get it how McGee is called veteran with his IQ and attitude.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #396
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Apparently Draymond Green wanted to show off his...Draydray?

Old 07-31-2016, 06:03 PM   #397
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

did not ever forsee this happening...
@MarcJSpearsESPN Piedmont International University in Winston Salem, N.C., has hired former NBA forward Josh Howard as its head men's basketball coach.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 PM   #398
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
did not ever forsee this happening...
@MarcJSpearsESPN Piedmont International University in Winston Salem, N.C., has hired former NBA forward Josh Howard as its head men's basketball coach.
Wut?

Can't control what the ball do, I suppose

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-31-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #399
tap2390
Diamond Member

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...a-city-thunder

Westbrook shows leadership and heart, something KD gave up with his move to Golden State. Also, he's the clear favorite for MVP this year.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #400
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...a-city-thunder

Westbrook shows leadership and heart, something KD gave up with his move to Golden State. Also, he's the clear favorite for MVP this year.
Meh, I think they both needed a split. Good for the city, but I don't think he did something supremely noble.