Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default DeAndre Jordan

Not sure why Danny Green has his own thread but Jordan doesn't...

Quote:
DeAndre Jordan to Meet With Four Teams July 1st

Dallas Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons has been recruiting Jordan, the officials said. The two have been hanging out together in Jordan's hometown of Houston.

When free agency starts at 9:01 p.m. PDT Tuesday, Jordan will be home in Houston.

The officials said four teams will visit Jordan at home — the Clippers, Lakers, Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/tseguinofficial/...07788555816960

Dirk re-tweeted it. Feel the love Deandre! Feel it!!!
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

This just got more interesting.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I want this too much for it to happen.

Should I start wanting it less so it actually has a shot?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

I totally see where you're going with this, and I'm one step ahead of you...

Last edited by Underdog; 06-27-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Ha we all should....
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:52 AM   #7
DirkMFFL

DirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these parts

I didn't think we would have a shot but for some weird reason I now do. Hope the mavs finally land a real star in free agency. Hopefully we get him to sign a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a player option.
DirkMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:26 AM   #8
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

they´re really going hard https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...95655898673152
Old 06-27-2015, 03:29 AM   #9
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thukydides View Post
Dallas is a sports town 2nd
Old 06-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #10
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkMFFL View Post
I didn't think we would have a shot but for some weird reason I now do. Hope the mavs finally land a real star in free agency. Hopefully we get him to sign a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a player option.
2 things

1. This isn't going to happen, Deandre specifically said he isn't going to sign a short term deal even with the huge cap spike next year

2. We don't want him to do that, that would give him all the leverage and be able to get more money next year in FA.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I totally see where you're going with this, and I'm one step ahead of you...

Wait. That is only ONE step ahead of me?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-27-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

If DAJ is a Mav next season, I will NEVER think of Parsons as overpaid again.

That dude will have earned his keep and then some if he can actually make a difference as an active and effective recruiter!

Old 06-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly enough that has been one of Dirk's weak points. I adore him for being smart, classy, and seemingly unaffected by all the comraderie of Allstar Weekend, but if media is to be believed, he also hasn't been out there recruiting hard based on all of his friendships like Parsons has been doing.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If DAJ is a Mav next season, I will NEVER think of Parsons as overpaid again.

That dude will have earned his keep and then some if he can actually make a difference as an active and effective recruiter!
If he brings DJ here you could say he was at the very least a contributor in getting not 1 but 2 big men to leave LA for Texas. I still remember DH12 bear hugging Parsons before the pre-season game, just showed me how much he grew to like CP25. From the social media stuff that is being posted he is almost attached to Jordan's hip it seems, the guy is relentless.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:45 PM   #15
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, CP should be a Mav for life and hopefully have Donnie's job someday
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that DAJ ends up in Dallas and LMA ends up in SA. Would be fun.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Their pitch will be to make Jordan an Allstar and franchise player, he and Parsons taking over from Dirk blabla. And that with the Clippers it would be always Paul&Griffin and he would be a glorified roleplayer like Redick...

Well, if the Clippers are smart then their pitch will be that they see Paul&Griffin&Jordan as a Big 3. But like i said, Jordan knows he would be always like a Bosh in LA...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #18
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Their pitch will be to make Jordan an Allstar and franchise player, he and Parsons taking over from Dirk blabla. And that with the Clippers it would be always Paul&Griffin and he would be a glorified roleplayer like Redick...

Well, if the Clippers are smart then their pitch will be that they see Paul&Griffin&Jordan as a Big 3. But like i said, Jordan knows he would be always like a Bosh in LA...
Not even like bosh, Bosh was much more featured in the offense in Miami.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #19
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

I think that is the perfect pitch to entice him. Hopefully his ego will be big enough to think he will be on the same level as Howard and be the main star in Dallas.
Whatever it takes at this point as far as I'm concerned.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

https://twitter.com/mflatt23/status/614989220315201536
Old 06-28-2015, 12:10 AM   #21
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Parsons and Jordan long term playing together sounds much appeasing.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:23 AM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Huh... All the reports I've read indicate that Parsons and Jordan are hanging out in Houston, not Hollywood.

Also, can Cuban even be seen in the same place as Jordan before free agency starts? Pretty sure that's tampering, so I doubt he'd risk being caught with a FA in a high-profile place like a nightclub.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:33 AM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh... All the reports I've read indicate that Parsons and Jordan are hanging out in Houston, not Hollywood.

Also, can Cuban even be seen in the same place as Jordan before free agency starts? Pretty sure that's tampering, so I doubt he'd risk being caught with a FA in a high-profile place like a nightclub.
Seems pretty unlikely to me, but if it was innocent, who knows? He can hang out and buy him drinks. They just can't talk shop until Wednesday.

Cubes has to know the rules and had to know the NBA has a crosshairs on him.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-28-2015 at 12:34 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 AM   #24
mavs777
Diamond Member

Parsons and DJ are both in LA, think there is this camp thing DJ attended and that is why Parsons missed the charity game.

from yesterday afternoon

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon · Jun 26
After Chandler Parsons and DeAndre Jordan hung in Houston last weekend, they're both in LA as free agency approaches.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:09 AM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He's only poppin off across the way. I don't know what it means and I'm sure it's really douchey, but hopefully it's not tampering.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:33 AM   #26
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
He's only poppin off across the way. I don't know what it means and I'm sure it's really douchey, but hopefully it's not tampering.
Not douchey. Players go out eh
Old 06-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyone Parsons isn't friends with?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #28
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Is there anyone Parsons isn't friends with?
Ellis.

But not his fault...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #29
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the FA benefit of having a guy like Parsons. The NBA can't regulate friendships and social outings. If they just so happen to discuss where Jordan might want to play next year--in between bottles and inviting women to join them at the VIP booth--it's tough for the NBA to do anything about it.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-28-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #30
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so over-the-top excited about Jordan. He's a great complementary player, but he's not prime Shaq. The Mavs would still need a new Alpha dog for this to matter, imo.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #31
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is getting so over-the-top excited about Jordan. He's a great complementary player, but he's not prime Shaq. The Mavs would still need a new Alpha dog for this to matter, imo.
Where are you seeing "over-the-top" excitement? Looks like an appropriate amount of excitement for the possibility of adding a young defensive anchor.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #32
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well he's going to be 27yrs old this year and has not missed a game in 4 years. He averaged 15rebs a game last year. When BG32 was hurt he averaged over 18rebs. We were the worst rebounding team in the NBA. The league is so PnR heavy with pace/space and versatility being so prevalent, I don't think bigs need to dominate the post anymore to be worthy of the max. It's just as important being able to guard on switches now as it is anything else. DJ checks enough of those boxes to warrant at least a good amount of excitement but thats just me.

Plus at this point getting a "name" free agent is becoming a monkey on the back situation. Every year we don't get one the more it will be talked about.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #33
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Well he's going to be 27yrs old this year and has not missed a game in 4 years. He averaged 15rebs a game last year. When BG32 was hurt he averaged over 18rebs. We were the worst rebounding team in the NBA. The league is so PnR heavy with pace/space and versatility being so prevalent, I don't think bigs need to dominate the post anymore to be worthy of the max. It's just as important being able to guard on switches now as it is anything else. DJ checks enough of those boxes to warrant at least a good amount of excitement but thats just me.

Plus at this point getting a "name" free agent is becoming a monkey on the back situation. Every year we don't get one the more it will be talked about.
I don't disagree on any particular point. It's just that those are all things that Tyson Chandler did pretty damn well last season, other than the "iron man" angle. It seems to me like improving in an area that was already a strength isn't going to have a wildly positive impact on the overall team results.

Don't get me wrong - I want the guy in Dallas, but what they REALLY need is a new Dirk. Jordan ain't that, tbh.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - I want the guy in Dallas, but what they REALLY need is a new Dirk. Jordan ain't that, tbh.
I don't think anyone around here has implied that Jordan will be the next Dirk -- just that he'll be a guy who can help lure the next Dirk.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #35
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't disagree on any particular point. It's just that those are all things that Tyson Chandler did pretty damn well last season, other than the "iron man" angle. It seems to me like improving in an area that was already a strength isn't going to have a wildly positive impact on the overall team results.

Getting someone like Danny Green and Deandre Jordan really puts us in a nice position next off season of coming away with a big fish. Not to mention I feel like the synergy going forward is really there. Parsons as the utility guy (15-20 points a night, 5 rebounds, 3-4 assists), Deandre for your defensive anchor/board hog, and Green for the range and perimeter defense. That group is just waiting on a #1 scorer imo.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #36
KillerLeft

Quote:
I don't think anyone around here has implied that Jordan will be the next Dirk, but rather believe he'll be a guy who can help lure the next Dirk.
Well, due to his age and status, you might be right about that, but I think that mentality is selling TY short a little, personally.

And, based on what I've read on the entire interwebs - not just here - I'd say there's a lot of folks equating a Jordan signing with instant contention. I don't think that's in any way accurate.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #37
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Getting someone like Danny Green and Deandre Jordan really puts us in a nice position next off season of coming away with a big fish. Not to mention I feel like the synergy going forward is really there. Parsons as the utility guy (15-20 points a night, 5 rebounds, 3-4 assists), Deandre for your defensive anchor/board hog, and Green for the range and perimeter defense. That group is just waiting on a #1 scorer imo.
Maybe, but I still think that #1 scorer is the hardest thing to get, by far. Seems to me like they're avoiding hitting rock bottom, and I'm not sure that's the best course, tbh.

Now, if they get Aldridge AND Jordan, or even just Aldridge and re-sign TY...different conversation.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #38
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, due to his age and status, you might be right about that, but I think that mentality is selling TY short a little, personally.

And, based on what I've read on the entire interwebs - not just here - I'd say there's a lot of folks equating a Jordan signing with instant contention. I don't think that's in any way accurate.
A good number of posters here would rather have Aldridge, because he is the Dirk replacement, and I think most posters here realize that contention is at least two years away.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:38 PM   #39
KillerLeft

Quote:
A good number of posters here would rather have Aldridge, because he is the Dirk replacement, and I think most posters here realize that contention is at least two years away.
Ok, great - which camp are you in?

Do you think "we'll contend in 2-3 years" is how the Mavs will pitch Jordan?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:38 PM   #40
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This is the FA benefit of having a guy like Parsons. The NBA can't regulate friendships and social outings. If they just so happen to discuss where Jordan might want to play next year--in between bottles and inviting women to join them at the VIP booth--it's tough for the NBA to do anything about it.
Agree. I kind of thought Parsons' role in Howard to the Rockets was overblown, but it looks like he might be a legit recruiter. I'm guessing Cuban saw this in him when he decided prying him away from Houston was worth the cost.