Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #521
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Mannix noted in the clip above that McCollum has been told he isn’t being traded this offseason. But Quick believes the likelihood that Portland moves McCollum this summer is “probable, if not certain.” – via Darren Hartwell @ Yahoo! Sports

Portland just trying to run it back with a different coach?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2021, 09:33 PM   #522
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Looks like Bucks/Suns Finals. Suns haven't been since 1993, Bucks since 1974.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:34 PM   #523
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Perhaps if Trae didn't step on that refs foot and hurt himself, Hawks would have gone to the Finals.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-03-2021 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #524
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Good finals. I wouldn't be upset with either team winning.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:39 PM   #525
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Good finals. I wouldn't be upset with either team winning.
I’m leaning towards the Bucks because I’m still a CP3 hater from his NOLA days when he would kill us. Either way I’ll be watching.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:25 AM   #526
JustJay

Still interesting to think that if Cuban didn't meddle we would have drafted Giannis. It worked out for us though with Luka as we would not have both. Bucks have actually looked better the last few games without Giannis IMO with Brook Lopez dominating down low.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:10 PM   #527
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’m leaning towards the Bucks because I’m still a CP3 hater from his NOLA days when he would kill us. Either way I’ll be watching.
Yeah I want to see the Bucks win...truthfully, they built the team from within and surrounded their star with players....Giannis deserves a ring even though it seems like he may not be playing in these Finals though I hope he can.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #528
JustJay

Congrats to Luka just got his country into the Olympics for the first time ever.

Edit: meant to post this in offseason thread. Oh well.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-04-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2021, 07:27 AM   #529
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Congrats to Luka just got his country into the Olympics for the first time ever.

Edit: meant to post this in offseason thread. Oh well.
That was a monster game and triple double. Watched the full highlights. He actually made his and 1 attempts.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #530
JustJay

First Finals without one of Lebron, Steph Curry or Kobe Bryant since we got screwed by the refs vs. the Heat in the 2006 Finals.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-05-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #531
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Hoping the Suns win this one, especially if Giannis is able to play. Giannis needs to accept the fact that he's often at times a liability on offense - especially when it comes to the mid range game. (i.e. Ben Simmons). Losing these final would give Giannis the extra gear that he needs to better develop his game and then maybe become a Maverick in the future. ;-)
Old 07-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #532
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
Hoping the Suns win this one, especially if Giannis is able to play. Giannis needs to accept the fact that he's often at times a liability on offense - especially when it comes to the mid range game. (i.e. Ben Simmons). Losing these final would give Giannis the extra gear that he needs to better develop his game and then maybe become a Maverick in the future. ;-)
I don't think he's leaving the Bucks anytime soon. Heck even if he wanted to he just signed for 5 years in December and they're not trading him. Unless we're giving them Luka.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-06-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:25 AM   #533
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

So annoyed that Chris Paul is going to win a ring. Literally can barely stand to look at the dude and he and D. Wade are literally everywhere. And their kids will be around “acting” and other annoying shit. Commercials. Game shows. Bronny and on and on ad infinitum. And this Suns team may be the weakest championship team since like the Sonics in ‘79. Basically the healthiest team this year left standing. And next year we get the pleasure of watching the Nets steamroll for Beard’s ring. Thank god for Luka or I might actually tune out the NBA all together.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:29 AM   #534
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think he's leaving the Bucks anytime soon. Heck even if he wanted to he just signed for 5 years in December and they're not trading him. Unless we're giving them Luka.
Yeah he’s not leaving and they are not winning a ring. He’s a big part of the problem. They were better with him at the 5 tonight going small. He kills all ball movement, settles for low percentage shots too often, isn’t much of a passer and can’t shoot ft. I think the guy is the greatest bad basketball player to ever play the game.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:02 AM   #535
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
So annoyed that Chris Paul is going to win a ring. ....And this Suns team may be the weakest championship team since like the Sonics in ‘79. Basically the healthiest team this year left standing. ...
Agree with the battle of attrition observation; but object to the characterization of the '79 Sonics as 'weak'. Gus Williams, Dennis Johnson, John Johnson, Lonnie Shelton (replacing Marvin Webster from the '78 team) and Jack Sikma; with Fred Brown and Paul Silas off the bench. Coached by Lenny Wilkens. Weak?

That '79 championship was brutal, literally physically brutal. They had lost to the Bullets the year before in 7 games, but showed up for the rematch carrying lead pipes, and crushed the Bullets in 5 games, which could easily have been a sweep.

I'd put these Suns more on par with the 2004 Pistons (Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun, and the Wallaces), who defeated that dysfunctional Kobe-Shaq team in 5.

And yes, Chris Paul is an odious figure, but he has brought all his classic, old-school point-guard skills to bear on this Suns team, feeding Booker, feeding Ayton, scoring himself when need be, and defending like a vet. And they have responded with a high level of play. Ayton, in particular, has blossomed by having a PG facilitate for him.

Maybe the Mavericks can acquire a legit point guard for Kidd to develop; one who facilitates, distributes, defends, and scores when necessary a la Kidd, and who will take a lot of load, responsibility and pressure off Luca freeing him up to be more of a Booker-type scorer; while simultaneously involving KP to take advantage of his elite skills. That'd be best case.
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:44 AM   #536
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Agree with the battle of attrition observation; but object to the characterization of the '79 Sonics as 'weak'. Gus Williams, Dennis Johnson, John Johnson, Lonnie Shelton (replacing Marvin Webster from the '78 team) and Jack Sikma; with Fred Brown and Paul Silas off the bench. Coached by Lenny Wilkens. Weak?

That '79 championship was brutal, literally physically brutal. They had lost to the Bullets the year before in 7 games, but showed up for the rematch carrying lead pipes, and crushed the Bullets in 5 games, which could easily have been a sweep.

I'd put these Suns more on par with the 2004 Pistons (Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun, and the Wallaces), who defeated that dysfunctional Kobe-Shaq team in 5.

And yes, Chris Paul is an odious figure, but he has brought all his classic, old-school point-guard skills to bear on this Suns team, feeding Booker, feeding Ayton, scoring himself when need be, and defending like a vet. And they have responded with a high level of play. Ayton, in particular, has blossomed by having a PG facilitate for him.

Maybe the Mavericks can acquire a legit point guard for Kidd to develop; one who facilitates, distributes, defends, and scores when necessary a la Kidd, and who will take a lot of load, responsibility and pressure off Luca freeing him up to be more of a Booker-type scorer; while simultaneously involving KP to take advantage of his elite skills. That'd be best case.
Ok I may have been a little dismissive of that Sonics team. Maybe it’s the lack of all-time greats; though of course prime Sikma, Gus Williams and young Dennis Johnson were certainly no slouches. And Lonnie Shelton was a rugged dude. Brown was one of the o.g. snipers. Maybe I’m just used to teams needing an “all time great to win a title. That Pistons team was incredibly solid though. Chauncey, Rip and the Wallaces were all all-star level players and they could all defend and had Larry Brown coaching them.

I can’t wait to see Luka with another playmaker/bucket getter next to him. I certainly wouldn’t move him off ball too much. He will only get better at cutting down turnovers and ft shooting with time. Look at how much he added just between bubble season and this past. His mid range game is bordering elite. His 3 and dismissing are better. He needs better teammates that can actually dribble a basketball.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:19 AM   #537
JustJay

Quote:
Yeah he’s not leaving and they are not winning a ring. He’s a big part of the problem. They were better with him at the 5 tonight going small. He kills all ball movement, settles for low percentage shots too often, isn’t much of a passer and can’t shoot ft. I think the guy is the greatest bad basketball player to ever play the game.
If not for Cuban's involvement, He would be a Dallas Maverick.

Cuban = secret genius?
Old 07-08-2021, 07:20 AM   #538
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok I may have been a little dismissive of that Sonics team. Maybe it’s the lack of all-time greats; though of course prime Sikma, Gus Williams and young Dennis Johnson were certainly no slouches. And Lonnie Shelton was a rugged dude. Brown was one of the o.g. snipers. Maybe I’m just used to teams needing an “all time great to win a title. That Pistons team was incredibly solid though. Chauncey, Rip and the Wallaces were all all-star level players and they could all defend and had Larry Brown coaching them.

I can’t wait to see Luka with another playmaker/bucket getter next to him. I certainly wouldn’t move him off ball too much. He will only get better at cutting down turnovers and ft shooting with time. Look at how much he added just between bubble season and this past. His mid range game is bordering elite. His 3 and dismissing are better. He needs better teammates that can actually dribble a basketball.
Is elite. Became elite mid range this season.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:24 PM   #539
JustJay

Harden perhaps got caught smoking the weed in Paris https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ed-sources-say
Old 07-09-2021, 10:36 AM   #540
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Harden perhaps got caught smoking the weed in Paris https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ed-sources-say
Apparently Lil Baby and his crew got pinched and Harden was nearby and tried to help. All that for less than an ounce, but foolish to think you're invincible in a foreign country, regardless of the argument of legality of it all.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #541
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Apparently Lil Baby and his crew got pinched and Harden was nearby and tried to help. All that for less than an ounce, but foolish to think you're invincible in a foreign country, regardless of the argument of legality of it all.
It seems like when they flew over there they would have got caught, unless they had a private plane or they bought it there.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #542
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: The Orlando Magic are hiring Dallas Mavericks assistant Jamahl Mosley as the new head coach, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Mosley is traveling to Orlando today as sides finalize terms. –
Old 07-12-2021, 07:04 AM   #543
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems like when they flew over there they would have got caught, unless they had a private plane or they bought it there.
I’m sure it’s really difficult for Kanye to get weed in Paris during fashion week. Plus less than ounce among a rapper entourage means they are almost out. Doubt they brought it on the plane. Alex Caruso on the other hand…
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #544
JustJay

I overhyped Booker so much the effect was he was so bad in Game 3 he got BENCHED in the entire 4th quarter.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:53 PM   #545
BPo001
Diamond Member

Kawai had surgery on a partially torn ACL today in his right knee.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:23 PM   #546
BPo001
Diamond Member

Lol at the refs not calling the obvious 6th foul on Booker there.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:23 PM   #547
mac222b
Diamond Member

How is that not a foul on Booker? That’s absurd.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:24 PM   #548
mac222b
Diamond Member

Also can’t believe Bud didn’t challenge that foul call on the Crowder 3. Crowder is very hateable.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:32 PM   #549
mac222b
Diamond Member

Great block by Giannis wow.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:39 PM   #550
JustJay

Game 3 Booker 10 points with horrible shooting numbers, then in Game 4 Booker was incredible with 42 pts on 17-28 shooting but CP3's turn for 10 points with horrible shooting numbers and just fumbled the ball and basically gave the game to the Bucks. They still got HCA though but they better not gag Game 5. This is a series now. Bucks are near unbeatable at home but they have to win one in Phoenix.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-14-2021 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:35 AM   #551
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

What a beautiful choke job by Paul. Loving it. Go Bucks
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #552
JustJay

Wrong thread

Last edited by JustJay; 07-15-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:31 PM   #553
BPo001
Diamond Member

Beal out for Tokyo Olympics.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:36 PM   #554
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beal out for Tokyo Olympics.
Big surprise....not. With all the garbage his wife posted on twitter in the past months
Old 07-15-2021, 03:57 PM   #555
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Big surprise....not. With all the garbage his wife posted on twitter in the past months
I must have missed all that. I saw he was in health protocols so he was out. I assume he tested positive for the Rona. Team USA is looking beatable this year.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:57 PM   #556
Zeus

Quote:
Perhaps if Trae didn't step on that refs foot and hurt himself, Hawks would have gone to the Finals.
Perhaps if Harden and Kyrie dont get hurt Atlanta doesnt sniff a single win in the Eastern finals.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:58 PM   #557
Zeus

Quote:
I must have missed all that. I saw he was in health protocols so he was out. I assume he tested positive for the Rona. Team USA is looking beatable this year.
Let me guess - she was dismissing the virus and the vaccine? Moronic view if this is true.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:56 AM   #558
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Perhaps if Harden and Kyrie dont get hurt Atlanta doesnt sniff a single win in the Eastern finals.
Perhaps if THJ and KP don't forget what profession they are in, we're in the WCF or who knows.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-16-2021 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2021, 04:13 AM   #559
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Let me guess - she was dismissing the virus and the vaccine? Moronic view if this is true.
Ding ding ding
Old 07-17-2021, 09:10 PM   #560
JustJay

Watching these teams in the Finals, I feel like our team is light years away when it comes to supporting cast. Both teams shooting great from 3 in Game 5 of the Finals tied 2-2 that shows no fear. This team would be 2-11 from 3 right now.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-17-2021 at 09:10 PM.