Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-17-2022, 05:06 PM   #961
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
To be fair, he's not one of the greatest 3pt shooters ever, he's THE greatest shooter ever, and I don't think anyone else comes particularly close. And I wouldn't say that everything else about his game is mediocre either. He's always been an elite ball handler too, and while his playmaking isn't elite by PG standards, it's certainly more than good enough for the way GSW plays. And his rebounding is above average for PG as well. The only part of his game that I would call mediocre is his defense. And in today's NBA, who cares?

But yeah, I still can't justify putting him above Kobe, Shaq, or KD, and I don't think I can put him above West or Robertson either. So for me that puts him #14 all time. Not too shabby.
I think what gets missed so much as it doesn't hit stat sheets...Curry has to be one of the toughest to guard of all time given how elite he is without the ball and his movement without the ball. I don't think I've seen anyone ever come close to that aspect of the game.

That being said, when names are written out, it definitely presents a tough case for top 10, but easy top 15. I will say Curry is above KD for me personally. Both with careers to finish out yet, obviously.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #962
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Curry over KD for me as well.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:39 PM   #963
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Curry vs KD is a interesting debate. But I choose KD because when they were teammates for three years, KD was clearly recognized as the better of the two players, and Curry always deferred to KD. They won two titles together, and Durant was finals MVP both times. Also there was a good 3-4 stretch when KD was widely recognized to be the best player in the league. Curry only had one year when he was considered to be the best player- 2016- and then once that 73 win Warriors team got to the finals, Lebron flat out owned Curry and showed the whole world that no, Lebron was still the best player. Also Durant has two more All-NBA first teams, one more 2nd team, and 12 all-stars to Curry's 8. I haven't bothered to look up their numbers head to head, but I know Durant has twice as many scoring titles and of course he's a far better rebounder, being a legit 7 ft, and he's basically as good as Curry as a passer (Durant's passing is a ridiculously underrated part of his game.) Better defender too and it's not close.

The argument at this point for Curry is 2 MVPs to 1 and 4 titles to 2. I can see the argument for Curry's the totality of Curry's accomplishments being higher than Durant's, but when they're both at their peak, I think Durant has usually been regarded as the better player.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-17-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:35 PM   #964
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think what gets missed so much as it doesn't hit stat sheets...Curry has to be one of the toughest to guard of all time given how elite he is without the ball and his movement without the ball. I don't think I've seen anyone ever come close to that aspect of the game.

That being said, when names are written out, it definitely presents a tough case for top 10, but easy top 15. I will say Curry is above KD for me personally. Both with careers to finish out yet, obviously.
I think you could make a case for Ray Allen, Reggie, Rip Hamilton, and maybe even Klay as players who excel at moving without the ball just as well if not better than Curry. You think Curry is on a whole other level than those 4?

It?s tough for me to say Curry over KD just because I think KD is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen. Not many 7 footers that can move, dribble, and shoot like he can. You can?t argue with Steph?s hardware though.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #965
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
It?s tough for me to say Curry over KD just because I think KD is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen. Not many 7 footers that can move, dribble, and shoot like he can.
Durant is Dirk 2.0. Durant is Dirk with to flight athleticism.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #966
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think you could make a case for Ray Allen, Reggie, Rip Hamilton, and maybe even Klay as players who excel at moving without the ball just as well if not better than Curry. You think Curry is on a whole other level than those 4?

It?s tough for me to say Curry over KD just because I think KD is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen. Not many 7 footers that can move, dribble, and shoot like he can. You can?t argue with Steph?s hardware though.
Yes. It's exhausting watching Steph play basketball tbh
Old 06-18-2022, 03:31 PM   #967
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, Atkinson pulling a Deandre Jordan on the Hornets staying with GS. Can't blame him honestly.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 03:41 PM   #968
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Damn, Atkinson pulling a Deandre Jordan on the Hornets staying with GS. Can't blame him honestly.
Adrian Wojnarowski: Mike D?Antoni and Terry Stotts were the other two finalists for the job, sources said. Charlotte will have to restart process now. ? via Twitter wojespn

I?d think being able to build with Lamelo has to be enticing to a head coach. I?d like to see Stotts get another head coaching gig. Mike Dan Toni I feel like his time has passed as a head coach. His 8 second offense can only take you so far.
Old 06-19-2022, 08:34 AM   #969
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Man I just can?t stand the warriors. It?s so ironic to me Draymond does all that talking. He more so than any other complementary ?star? in the league has benefited from playing next to Curry and Klay. On any other squad he?s just a Lamar Odom- type. I?m confident someone like Grant Williams could be just as effective in his role at GS.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #970
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Man I just can?t stand the warriors. It?s so ironic to me Draymond does all that talking. He more so than any other complementary ?star? in the league has benefited from playing next to Curry and Klay. On any other squad he?s just a Lamar Odom- type. I?m confident someone like Grant Williams could be just as effective in his role at GS.
He?s not even Lamar Odom IMO. We saw what a Draymond led team did in 19-20 with no Klay and Steph most of the season. 15 wins and the #2 overall pick.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #971
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hearing a lot of rumors of Capela and a first for Gobert
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:20 PM   #972
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hearing a lot of rumors of Capela and a first for Gobert
Jazz apparently want Hunter too. That would be a poor trade for the Hawks. I really don't even think Gobert is that much better than Capela. Maybe healthier.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-20-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:52 PM   #973
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Jazz apparently want Hunter too. That would be a poor trade for the Hawks. I really don't even think Gobert is that much better than Capela. Maybe healthier.
Man, I'm so relieved that the Mavs DIDN'T trade for Gobert. I'm not even sure what we'd have to give up to make the trade work salary-wise and for Utah to agree, but I'm certain that he's not worth it. I'll take Wood at 1/3 the price and only giving up #26 100 times out of 100.
Old 06-20-2022, 11:10 PM   #974
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Man, I'm so relieved that the Mavs DIDN'T trade for Gobert. I'm not even sure what we'd have to give up to make the trade work salary-wise and for Utah to agree, but I'm certain that he's not worth it. I'll take Wood at 1/3 the price and only giving up #26 100 times out of 100.
Agree 100%. I?m actually glad we got rid of some of the dead weight at the end of the roster to bring in some fresh faces. Loved Boban, but he?s unplayable. Burke was the type of player I like at the end of the bench- able to come in and get buckets, but his contract was too much. Chris and Brown we hardly knew ya.

I don?t watch a lot of Atlanta games, but is Gobert that much better than Capela? They seem like similar players.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #975
BPo001
Diamond Member

Evan Sidery: The Kings will decide on the clock what offer they accept for Jaden Ivey at No. 4, per @wojespn . Woj also mentions Malcolm Brogdon should be on the move before the draft begins.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #976
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wow, Portland got Jerami Grant for their 2025 pick (Milwaukee's). They used their TRADE exception which somehow the Mavs can never seem to do. Huge win for Portland.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539729844870733825

This strikes me as something the Mavs could have gotten done with their 26th pick. Would you rather have Grant or Wood? I still pick Wood by a confident margin. Grant is a good defender, but we needed a center.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-22-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:33 PM   #977
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow, Portland got Jerami Grant for their 2025 pick (Milwaukee's). They used their TRADE exception which somehow the Mavs can never seem to do. Huge win for Portland.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539729844870733825

This strikes me as something the Mavs could have gotten done with their 26th pick. Would you rather have Grant or Wood? I still pick Wood by a confident margin. Great is a good defender, but we needed a center.
I posted in another threat about this, but I?m surprised Detroit couldn?t find a better package for Grant. A 2025 1st from the Bucks is likely going to be in the 20?s. I can?t believe they could get a 1st this year from someone let alone multiple 1sts for Grant. Any they just put it in the TPE?? Agreed, why can?t Dallas ever seem to take advantage of those??

Between the 2 I think I?d rather have Wood. Like you said we need a center. Plus Wood?s contract is expiring if for some reason it just doesn?t work out, but I expect Wood to have a career year. If he can knock down 3?s at 39% again.. shiiiiiiiit watch out
Old 06-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #978
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I posted in another threat about this, but I?m surprised Detroit couldn?t find a better package for Grant. A 2025 1st from the Bucks is likely going to be in the 20?s. I can?t believe they could get a 1st this year from someone let alone multiple 1sts for Grant. Any they just put it in the TPE?? Agreed, why can?t Dallas ever seem to take advantage of those??

Between the 2 I think I?d rather have Wood. Like you said we need a center. Plus Wood?s contract is expiring if for some reason it just doesn?t work out, but I expect Wood to have a career year. If he can knock down 3?s at 39% again.. shiiiiiiiit watch out
Well this hurts the Mavs because now Detroit can offer Brunson whatever he wants. And if the Knicks shed salary, which they likely will, then you have two suitors driving up the price.

I feel I've been one of the only people who think Brunson gets 30 million a year. I said it months ago comparing it to the fact that Lowry got 30 million a year and is now significantly worse. If Detroit or NY offer him 30, then the Mavs have to offer him that. It's that simple.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:16 PM   #979
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well this hurts the Mavs because now Detroit can offer Brunson whatever he wants. And if the Knicks shed salary, which they likely will, then you have two suitors driving up the price.

I feel I've been one of the only people who think Brunson gets 30 million a year. I said it months ago comparing it to the fact that Lowry got 30 million a year and is now significantly worse. If Detroit or NY offer him 30, then the Mavs have to offer him that. It's that simple.
But does JB really want to go to one of those dumpster fires of a franchise? I think he prioritizes winning, but I guess that might depend how big of a gap Cuban throws at him.
Old 06-22-2022, 07:19 PM   #980
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
But does JB really want to go to one of those dumpster fires of a franchise? I think he prioritizes winning, but I guess that might depend how big of a gap Cuban throws at him.
Stein said the Knicks are a threat to get him if they can clear the space. As long as the Mavs match, then he'll stay. But don't pull some bs with the money.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #981
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Stein said the Knicks are a threat to get him if they can clear the space. As long as the Mavs match, then he'll stay. But don't pull some bs with the money.
Exactly. I'm sure he does want to stay and play for a winning team, but not if the Mavs insult him with a lowball offer. It's gonna painful as hell paying him like $30M a year, but when the alternative is to lose him for nothing, you gotta pay up.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #982
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Sources: Kevin Durant is monitoring the Brooklyn Nets? situation and considering options with his future. This now opens the path for Kyrie Irving to proceed on finding a new home via opt-in and trade. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania

Lol Ben Simmons going to be all by himself.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:55 PM   #983
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Kemba Walker and the Pistons are expected to discuss a contract buyout that will allow him to become a free agent, sources tell ESPN. Walker landed with Detroit as part of three-way trade with Charlotte and New York. 38 seconds ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Marc Stein: The Knicks figure to make at least one more move to continue creating salary-cap space ? full speed ahead on their bid to try to pry Jalen Brunson away from the Mavericks. 7 mins ago ? via Twitter TheSteinLine
Old 06-27-2022, 01:26 PM   #984
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a bold prediction or not, but I'm just going to go ahead and say that this KD-Kyrie Nets team will fail. They might be a good team, and they might make some noise in the playoffs in the East, but I don't think they'll be real title contenders. I think KD will be noticeably diminished, and Kyrie is perpetual injury case and locker-room headache. Both guys seem like malcontents by nature. I think they will be one of those teams that shows flashes of brilliance, even dominance, but always disappoints in the end, and then breaks up after anywhere from 2-4 years. (KD and Kyrie can both opt out in 2023.)
Gonna take a moment to brag about calling this from the beginning. The Nets are on the verge of imploding. They could lose both Kyrie and KD this offseason.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:51 PM   #985
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
? 14m
Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving is opting into his $37 million player option for the 2022-23 season, @TheAthletic @Stadium has learned. Irving is bypassing on multiple opt-in and trade scenarios to fulfill his four-year commitment to the Nets and Kevin Durant.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:57 PM   #986
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

LMAO Nets totally called his bluff. That guy is such a joke.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #987
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
LMAO Nets totally called his bluff. That guy is such a joke.
Honestly, has there ever been a bigger headcase in the history of the NBA, as far as a borderline superstar goes? Because I can't think of one. I was arguing with some fellow Mavs fans on reddit a few days ago whether or not it would be worth it to sign and trade Brunson for Kyrie. I said not only no, but hell no. I wouldn't take Kyrie for the vet min. I don't care how talented he is, he brings chaos and dysfunction with him everywhere he goes. If he wasn't such a cancer, he probably would have multiple titles. He might have won another title with Lebron if he hadn't been too egotistical to accept the sidekick role. And if he was actually capable of being the leader of a team, he might have won multiple titles with the Celtics. That team was and is absolutely loaded. But they were chronically miserable underachievers when he was there, and low and behold, they became instant contenders again the moment he left.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:20 PM   #988
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Honestly, has there ever been a bigger headcase in the history of the NBA, as far as a borderline superstar goes? Because I can't think of one. I was arguing with some fellow Mavs fans on reddit a few days ago whether or not it would be worth it to sign and trade Brunson for Kyrie. I said not only no, but hell no. I wouldn't take Kyrie for the vet min. I don't care how talented he is, he brings chaos and dysfunction with him everywhere he goes. If he wasn't such a cancer, he probably would have multiple titles. He might have won another title with Lebron if he hadn't been too egotistical to accept the sidekick role. And if he was actually capable of being the leader of a team, he might have won multiple titles with the Celtics. That team was and is absolutely loaded. But they were chronically miserable underachievers when he was there, and low and behold, they became instant contenders again the moment he left.
Well he hasn't demonstrated that he wants to play NBA basketball anymore. You saw it in the playoffs that it looked like he was being forced to play.

I give big props to Brooklyn for holding their ground against this guy for a while now especially through the anti-vax stuff. He is a typical mindless contrarian narcissist that thinks he is changing the world by being stupid.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:38 PM   #989
BPo001
Diamond Member

John Wall's strange tenure with the Houston Rockets is coming to an end.

The Rockets have agreed to a buyout of the final year of Wall's massive contract, sources told Yahoo Sports, paving the way for the five-time All-Star to resurrect his career with a competitive team.

Wall?s agent Rich Paul, CEO of Klutch Sports, is meeting with Rockets general manager Rafael Stone on Tuesday to finalize the terms, sources said.

It expected Wall will give back approximately $7 million in salary to hit the open market, sources said. He had a $47.4 million player option for the upcoming season.

He will automatically become one of the top free agents in the 2022 class.

???
And Wall intends to sign with the Clippers. Is tampering a thing? Would this be considered tampering? Free agency hasn?t started, but he already knows where he is going to sign?

Last edited by BPo001; 06-27-2022 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:19 AM   #990
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook is planning to exercise his $47.1 million option to return to the franchise for the 2022-2023 season. ? via Twitter wojespn
Old 06-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #991
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
John Wall's strange tenure with the Houston Rockets is coming to an end.

The Rockets have agreed to a buyout of the final year of Wall's massive contract, sources told Yahoo Sports, paving the way for the five-time All-Star to resurrect his career with a competitive team.

Wall?s agent Rich Paul, CEO of Klutch Sports, is meeting with Rockets general manager Rafael Stone on Tuesday to finalize the terms, sources said.

It expected Wall will give back approximately $7 million in salary to hit the open market, sources said. He had a $47.4 million player option for the upcoming season.

He will automatically become one of the top free agents in the 2022 class.

???
And Wall intends to sign with the Clippers. Is tampering a thing? Would this be considered tampering? Free agency hasn?t started, but he already knows where he is going to sign?
NBA doesn't give a fuck about tampering. Something the previous FO seemed to always get caught off guard for some reason, whether real or not. Just seemed they always started behind the 8 ball.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #992
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook is planning to exercise his $47.1 million option to return to the franchise for the 2022-2023 season. ? via Twitter wojespn
What a tough, bold decision by Russ. Same with Kyrie lol to anyone who thought he'd turn $37MM down to take $6MM from the Lakers
Old 06-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #993
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Apparently Kyrie to the Lakers is still a possibility with both sides showing "heavy" interest. This is hilarious to me because I assume this means the Nets are just giving up and planning to blow it up and trade KD. Because they would have to take Westbrook to for Kyrie and there is no way in hell KD wants to play with Westbrook again.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:44 PM   #994
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Boston Celtics assistant Will Hardy is closing in on deal to become the next head coach of the Utah Jazz, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 06-28-2022, 06:15 PM   #995
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Apparently Kyrie to the Lakers is still a possibility with both sides showing "heavy" interest. This is hilarious to me because I assume this means the Nets are just giving up and planning to blow it up and trade KD. Because they would have to take Westbrook to for Kyrie and there is no way in hell KD wants to play with Westbrook again.
I read yesterday that Kyrie was opting in. So Lakers would have to trade for him. There's little value outside of Lebron and AD who they aren't trading. I will go out on a limb and say it won't be Russ lol.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-28-2022 at 06:16 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:57 AM   #996
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Washington is finalizing a trade to acquire Denver?s Will Barton and Monte Morris for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ish Smith, sources tell ESPN. Yossi Gozlan: Wizards need to throw in another small salary to have this trade executed before the end of June. Doing so would allow Denver to generate a $15.6M trade exception by sliding Ish Smith into the $8.2M JaMychal Green trade exception. Nuggets are just $1M under tax with 11 players. Wizards will be roughly $11M below the tax with 12 players assuming they re-sign Bradley Beal to a maximum contract. ? via Twitter YossiGozlan
Old 06-29-2022, 04:18 PM   #997
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

@wojespn
? 1m
The Atlanta Hawks are trading Danilo Gallinari and multiple first-round picks to the San Antonio Spurs for All-Star guard Dejounte Murray, sources tell ESPN.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #998
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
@wojespn
? 1m
The Atlanta Hawks are trading Danilo Gallinari and multiple first-round picks to the San Antonio Spurs for All-Star guard Dejounte Murray, sources tell ESPN.
Curious move by the Spurs, thought Murray could be a building block for them...
Old 06-29-2022, 06:08 PM   #999
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wonder if this opens the door to a Pop retirement.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:00 PM   #1000
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Only way it makes sense is if he told them he no longer wanted to play for them. Otherwise, Hawks just got Murray for what seems like nothing.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote