Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I like him as a player and think he'd be a good fit but not enough to justify that contract tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes and Porter would be nice for spacing and I'm intrigued. But the 2 of them should combine for 30-35m a year. Not be paid 25-28m each. That's a killer imo. If the trade is just Powell and Wes for Porter then I'm out. I can't justify paying Barnes and Porter 50m a year and get maybe 35 points a game from them combined. That's just not going to come close to cutting it in the West. Unless someone is telling me Otto will be an all star here that's way too much money.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

IF we decide to trade Smith....or there could also be a few different versions of this trade without Smith.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradec..._trade/7151954

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradec..._trade/7151962

I know there is a lot here but I think these guys would fit well around Luka.

Luka / JJ
DSJ / Lee
Barnes / DFS
Kanter / Kleber
DJ / Dirk

Getting rid of Wes opens things up for DFS and I think Lee would be better fit than Wes.

Getting rid of Powell...well is getting rid of Powell and we get back Kanter who isn't playing as much but is a DD machine. We could see how he fits with the team and either let him walk or resign him next year because I think is offensives skills are a good ft with Luka.

There might be some concerns on defense, but I think we would manage.

Last edited by AO41; 01-02-2019 at 01:28 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The 1st trade is an absolute 10000000% no from me. I'd go into a depression if we made that trade. And the 2nd one is 100% a no from me. We need a Bjelica type 4 imo not a Kanter type 5. And at best Wes and Lee is a wash, to me Wes is better but I'm not gonna bang the drum loudly that he's better. But I'd rather have the expiring Wes than Lee for 12m next year. IMO we can do a lot better than those trades.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote