Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #401
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Aaron is in that he is the child of the new Danielle....

Nothing special about Alex, other than she was Danielle's child.
True,I'm just saying he's not filling a "role" on the island like the others (unless he somehow makes it to the island, which is completely possible)

I don't think Alex is special either, but I seem to remember that Ben thought killing her was against the "rules".

And now there appear to be rules against killing candidates.

People on the island are always trying to get others to kill for them, and this has been going on for awhile now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #402
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody on the another board had the idea that Kate could be the new Desmond.

ETA: The logic behind it is that Kate appears to be a neutral player so to speak, and has been set apart from Jack, Sawyer and the others. She's being excluded from the game, in the same way that Desmond was exempted from the "rules".

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-03-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #403
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Would that make Sawyer the new Penny?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #404
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well I watched it again at lunch and I still don't have a clue.

The flash sideways are confusing. Are they showing you how things can be different (Hugo, Locke, Jack...) or how things can be the same? like Sayid...he just ends up killing everybody again... I don't get it.

How was Dogen so important that his life was keeping smokey out, but only with the ash...but then...if there's no Dogen, then the ash is ok, and.... huh?

And Ben seemed to know immediately what was up with Sayid and he just high-tailed it out of there. That was pretty funny.

Where are the people that were on their way from the statue to the temple?

Where is Sawyer?

Seems like Kate and Sawyer are on track for a hookup.

Jin, I hope, gets out of there and hooks back up with the good guys...somehow. And his wife I guess.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #405
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and that look that smokey gave Kate....I don't think he really knows exactly what he wants to do with her yet.

I've got a feeling some people are gonna be doing some dying here before too long.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #406
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The group from the statue showed up at the end at the temple...after the killing.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-03-2010 at 03:34 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #407
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Esau in black on the island watching the Black Rock ship approaching with Jacob:

E: you are trying to prove me wrong aren't you
J: you are wrong
E: Am I? They come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same.
J: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

So I get the feeling the end result won't be the same this time. Jacob has been bringing people to the island over and over again with the same result. But he keeps trying to find someone/some people that get a different result. So are we on the path to get there? I wish I knew what would constitute Jacob being right. No destroying, no corruption. Jacob got Hurley and Jack away from the Temple so they wouldn't be harmed by smokey so perhaps they are the keys to this in Jacobs eyes.

Man I have no idea. I thought I was on to something when I watched that again but now I'm just as lost. I guess that's the point.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #408
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm so tired of trying to predict what's going to happen.

But I think it will end with that same scene with the dialog almost verbatim but with Jacob being played by Jack and MiB being played by Sawyer/Sayid/Locke.

Then BAM, credits roll.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)

Last edited by bobbyfg7; 03-03-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #409
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIbCs...eature=related
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #410
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very happy if the last scene was jack and flocke on the beach...but I seriously doubt it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #411
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Emerson said that Ben at least makes it alive until the 4th to last episode

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #412
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, that's spoilerish!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #413
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I would be very happy if the last scene was jack and flocke on the beach...but I seriously doubt it.
I do too, because Flocke wants off the island.

You could say he wants to get the "flocke" out of there.

*rimshot*

Last edited by mary; 03-04-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #414
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think you're onto something. I think it'll be Jack & Locke (or probably Sawyer- since Locke is actually dead) replacing Jacob & MiB. They'll be the last two remaining "candidates."
Old 03-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #415
mary
Troll Hunter

The only problems I have with the Jack/Sawyer scenario is that I don't think the audience could ever buy either one of them as "evil incarnate". They are both certainly flawed, and Sawyer has committed murder, but he's no MIB. And we have no idea what Jacob's motivation is....so I'm super confused like everyone else.

And like XERXES point out, Locke is dead - so he ain't replacing anyone (except Christian, which has already happened).

Last edited by mary; 03-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #416
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
The only problems I have with the Jack/Sawyer scenario is that I don't think the audience could've ever buy either one of them as "evil incarnate". They are both certainly flawed, and Sawyer has committed murder, but he's no MIB. And we have no idea what Jacob's motivation is....so I'm super confused like everyone else.

And like XERXES point out, Locke is dead - so he ain't replacing anyone (except Christian, which as already happened).
Exactly. Which is why I included Sayid in my original post. Dude was pretty evil in the last episode.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)

Last edited by bobbyfg7; 03-04-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #417
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
The only problems I have with the Jack/Sawyer scenario is that I don't think the audience could ever buy either one of them as "evil incarnate". They are both certainly flawed, and Sawyer has committed murder, but he's no MIB. And we have no idea what Jacob's motivation is....so I'm super confused like everyone else.

And like XERXES point out, Locke is dead - so he ain't replacing anyone (except Christian, which has already happened).
before this season I would've agreed with you Mary...but Sawyer is raging right now. Due to Juliette's demise he's become a suntanned Anakin Skywalker w/fury boiling beneath that Keith Urban haircut of his!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #418
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES View Post
before this season I would've agreed with you Mary...but Sawyer is raging right now. Due to Juliette's demise he's become a suntanned Anakin Skywalker w/fury boiling beneath that Keith Urban haircut of his!
True, but I will be REALLY disappointed if all of Sawyer's character development has been for naught.

ETA: Sawyer's really pissed at Jack and in a terrible state of grief, but I don't think that means he's turned into a baddie.

Last edited by mary; 03-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #419
CadBane
Banned

Sayid/Jack for Mib/Jacob, if they go that route, that's how I see it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #420
XERXES
Diamond Member

Yeah I don't see Sayid being more than the role player he has always been...
Old 03-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #421
CadBane
Banned

I wouldn't think so...but it looks that way. I'd bet money if they got that route, it aint gonna be Sawyer.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #422
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
True, but I will be REALLY disappointed if all of Sawyer's character development has been for naught.

ETA: Sawyer's really pissed at Jack and in a terrible state of grief, but I don't think that means he's turned into a baddie.
I expect to see Sawyer turn baddie for 4, 5, 6 episodes and then turn back, personally.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #423
sike
The Preacha

I fully expect for Sawyer to die a fully redeemed hero in the last episode of this series.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #424
XERXES
Diamond Member

Talking

Quote:
I fully expect for Sawyer to die a fully redeemed hero in the last episode of this series.

no way jose.

maybe they all blow themselves to kingdom come- and all thats left are rose and bernard...and then, just then, the significance of the backgammon game makes sense to all!

Last edited by XERXES; 03-05-2010 at 11:53 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #425
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
no way jose.

maybe they all blow themselves to kingdom come- and all thats left are rose and bernard...and then, just then, the significance of the backgammon game makes sense to all!
you are on!

I put up ten trillion dollars!

Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #426
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

TV Guide has a really excellent set of questions/answers up today:

These are the more interesting ones.

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/featu...14.html?page=2

Quote:
Relax, it’s not just you. As answers start rolling in at an overwhelming pace in Lost’s final season, our skulls are similarly swirling. So we posed your queries to usually tight-lipped exec producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, as well as to the show’s stars as they prepare to shoot their last two episodes ever.

Is it significant that Jacob met Hurley after he left the island as opposed to the other “candidates,” whom he met pre-crash? —Denise Nash, Islip, N.Y.
“I was wondering about that, too!” admits Jorge Garcia (Hurley). “If the people Jacob visited before the crash were drawn to the island because of his influence, then what would have drawn Hurley to the island?” Apollo Bars, maybe? Actually, says Lindelof, “the more operative question is ‘How long was Jacob watching Hurley?’”

If Oceanic Flight 815 never crashed and landed safely in Los Angeles, then are all those who died—Libby, Michael, Shannon—still alive? —Michael Davis, Bronx
In some instances, yes, as with Locke’s girlfriend Helen, Sayid’s love Nadia, Charlotte and Shannon, who is alive and will reappear toward the end of the season. But for folks like Michael and Libby, it ain’t looking good. “I’m still dead, dead, dead,” reveals Harold Perrineau, who recently shot two upcoming island scenes with Garcia where they discuss Libby.

If the castaways traveled forward in time after the bomb, how is the VW van still in mint condition? It should have aged! —Connie Dirig, Ind.
“Unlike in the Terminator movies, when we time travel, we travel with our clothes on—which is a good thing,” says Garcia with a laugh. “So I guess if we were in contact with the van at the time, it’s possible the van came with us. Or perhaps just the island traveled, as we stayed exactly where we were, like Juliet, who ended up in more or less the same spot—just a little more messed up.” (As in dead!)

What’s the deal with Walt? I believe he was one of the only nondead characters whose apparition appeared on the island. —Megan W., Lansdowne, Pa.
All Lindelof will say is that Walt is a character who has “special abilities.” Whether that apparition was the actual Walt or the Smoke Monster is “to be determined.” BTW, Cuse adds that they are conceptualizing a way to reintroduce Walt before the show’s end. Yay!

I was surprised/shocked Kate’s name was crossed out in the cave but then her name popped up on the dial in the lighthouse. What’s up with that?— Lyly Ford, France
The real question, says Lindelof, is: “What is the relationship between the lighthouse and the cave? There are several possibilities.”

So will we ever learn why women couldn’t carry babies to term on the island? Isn’t that the whole reason Juliet was brought over by Dharma in the first place?—Jean B., via e-mail
Lindelof says the show is not going to specifically state why, however, “we feel like we’ve given you the empirical data so you can figure it out for yourself.” Hmm… a little more help please for the clueless? “Clearly Ethan was born on the island in 1977,” continues Lindelof. “That’s the last baby that we know of who was born on the island. And then something happened between 1977 and when our show takes place in 2004 (when Claire arrived eight months pregnant) where it’s been a long time since women have been able to have babies on the island. What might have happened between those two points that could have created fertility issues?”

So why is baby Aaron so special?—Jennifer, via e-mail
“There’s a running theme with special children on our show – like Aaron and Walt,” notes Yunjin Kim. But more than being concerned if Aaron can “shoot lasers out of his eyes,” Cuse says fans should focus on how his existence is effecting characters on the island, specifically Kate, who “stated that her mission was to go back to the island and find Claire and bring her back to the outside world so she could be the mother to her own child.”

Why is the Man in Black now “stuck” in Locke’s body as Ilana mentioned? —Rob M., San Diego, Ca.
Per Lindelof, “There are all these rules that govern the way the island works, and one of them is that when Jacob died, whatever form the Monster was in at that time he cannot change anymore.”

Who are the other unrecognizable names on Jacob’s wheel and in the cave? Names of friends and crew members perhaps?—Holly, via e-mail
Lindelof assures that “a tremendous amount of time and energy went into the name selection on both the (cave) wall and the wheel, and to give shout-outs to pals or crew members would somehow lessen all the time and energy that Jacob has apparently put in to choosing his candidates.” So we may or may not learn more about who those other names are.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #427
XERXES
Diamond Member

You know what, I needed that! Thanks Flac!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #428
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Widmore is back.

When Jack, Hurley, and Richard were coming back to their part of the island, it was kind of a flashback to when Jack, Kate, and Juliet came back in a prior episode. Juliet was the outcast then, and I guess Richard sorta is now.

Also:

Last edited by mavspwnage; 03-09-2010 at 10:16 PM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #429
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Great episode.

I loved the similarities they drew between Bens island tragedy (the decision to have his daughter die) and the decision he had to make as a teacher. I also loved that he made the right decision in his "non-island" life. It means that Ben isn't a natural "killer" but rather the island made him that way.

Another thing, I thought the island didn't exist in the other reality. Turns out Ben was there is his child hood.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #430
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Great episode.

I loved the similarities they drew between Bens island tragedy (the decision to have his daughter die) and the decision he had to make as a teacher. I also loved that he made the right decision in his "non-island" life. It means that Ben isn't a natural "killer" but rather the island made him that way.

Another thing, I thought the island didn't exist in the other reality. Turns out Ben was there is his child hood.
The island doesn't exist from 1977 on. Ben was there before 1977.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #431
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
The island doesn't exist from 1977 on. Ben was there before 1977.
Oh, I see.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #432
XERXES
Diamond Member

Wow. I think that was, hands-down, the best episode of season 6 so far.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #433
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Widmore...I would have preferred Desmond, but it makes sense. I wonder how he found it. No doubt Eloise helped him

The real question is...what will his agenda be when he gets there?

When did Ben become a punchline? Watching him dig his own grave...and that moment he bolted for the jungle...I don't know. There's something so comical about him. I hope his true end is better, and more deserving. I feel like they'll definitely kill him. I just hope it's worth it.

The real story of tonight for me was Jack and Richard. Jack is believer now...like hardcore. That's interesting.

And Richard...long standing theories about him and the Black Rock confirmed tonight. Not surprising, but substantial. Word is we'll get a Richard episode before the year is out.

I think next episode is a Sawyer episode, which makes sense bc he's been MIA for a few.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #434
XERXES
Diamond Member

So, what did we learn tonight?

I've got:

1) Richard doesn't age bc he was "touched" by Jacob and
2) Anyone else touched by Jacob will have the same fate.
3) Richard came to the island via the Black Rock.
4) He can't kill himself.
5) Widmore is back.
6) Ben has experienced redemption.

Anything else?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #435
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And Richard...long standing theories about him and the Black Rock confirmed tonight. Not surprising, but substantial. Word is we'll get a Richard episode before the year is out.

I think next episode is a Sawyer episode, which makes sense bc he's been MIA for a few.
Yes, a Richard episode is after the Sawyer one, in two weeks.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #436
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
1) Richard doesn't age bc he was "touched" by Jacob and
2) Anyone else touched by Jacob will have the same fate.
Hold on a second, there. I don't think that's necessarily the case. Richard is different than "the candidates", I was assuming. (What's everyone else thinking?)

He touched them...differently. (no, not down there)
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #437
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Hold on a second, there. I don't think that's necessarily the case. Richard is different than "the candidates", I was assuming. (What's everyone else thinking?)

He touched them...differently. (no, not down there)
I didn't gather that. I thought Richard specifically said anyone that Jacob touched received the "gift." I assumed (yet I don't think its clear one way or another) that, at one time. Richard was a candidate himself."
Old 03-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #438
sike
The Preacha

Sexy and Flac...would that explain why Michael couldn't kill himself? "The Island won't let you"

But no, I do not the get the impression that anyone Jacob touches is immortal. That was something particular to Richard (I think).

Ok...SO HOW DID JACK STOP THE DYNAMITE????
Was that dead Jacob's doing? The Island's doing? Or some how is Jack channeling some new found power now that he is a Believer? (Ala, Locke's ability to predict rain, etc, once he became in touch with the island)

Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #439
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I didn't gather that. I thought Richard specifically said anyone that Jacob touched received the "gift." I assumed (yet I don't think its clear one way or another) that, at one time. Richard was a candidate himself."
I'm assuming that it means Whoever Jacob "touches" receives something of a gift. As in the touch itself means Jacob is working in their life for a purpose.

you could be right, sexy...I just didn't read it that way.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #440
mary
Troll Hunter

I'm on Team Xerxes.

I think candidates can not off themselves, and I think Richard and Linus were both candidates.

I'm leaning towards immortality for the candidates as well (to a limited degree I guess..not HEROES type immortality).

Afterall, they did survive TWO plane crashes.

Last edited by mary; 03-10-2010 at 10:37 AM.