Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2001, 06:57 PM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Tough as nails, athletic, great rebounder, and plays with athority. Coming out of high school he was regarded as the second best player in the nation. He comes to us sophmore year, outplays Eatan Thomas and makes him expendable. Is he still a project? of coarse... but so was Dirk, Nash, Strickland, Buckner, and Bradley. Nelson is perhaps one of the best pure judges of talent in the game. When he took Dirk everyone laughed, when he traded for Nash and signed him to that contract everyone laughed, but Nellie laughed last. Don't get me wrong, he has hit and missed, but who has gotten a better player out of the number 7 slot in the draft than Nellie did with Dirk? not many. Anyways, back to Harvey, the kid has used raw talent and not much else so far, and as Nellie has proven time and time again, he can develope talent in a big way. He can take talented players and make them great players. Most people in the NBA are talented, but don't harness it well. Kiki and Nelson will turn Harvey into a junkyardog that bites. Harvey will own the paint for years to come, he is Darven Ham except injected with steroids and speed, watch out. Ask anyone who knows basketball and they will all tell you the exact same thing : "Dennis without the do-maybe even better, a lot better." Next year my friends, the dog gets let off his leash.