Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #41
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If the Mav aren't tanking, then who are we signing or trading for to play center?
The question is whether Mavs are going to sign anyone at all. Cuban is in a money-saving mode. Perhaps he has some dibs on that lockout thing and uses it to create a decent team.

I would be really disappointed if Mavs sign bench players just to eat cap to 90%. My guess is that bad contracts are going to be traded. This would be decent only if they are companied with 1st rounders. Right now Mavs may very well be doing the Phoenix Suns who let A'mare Stoudemire walk and then paid bunch of role players same amount of money it would've taken to keep A'mare.

Just re-sign Dirk to max. Give him a year off to get conditioning and preparations for 2017/18, play him like 5-10 minutes a game - the Garnett treatment. Then draft Hartenstein and somehow sign Dennis Schröder. You have German trio and Dirk can give some his experience to Hartenstein.

The crap about trading Dirk needs to stop. The chance of it happening is as big as signing Conley or Whiteside ever was. Dirk has made every indication that he is lifer for Mavs.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #42
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

LOL he went to the Hawks. Honestly I'm content.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #43
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

How many player option years can a team give a player? I would love to give Dirk a crazy contract with a player option for several years worth. I think he's worth it. Don't even make him play for the full duration. I think it'd be cool if they offered him a 7-year deal but at a lower annual rate. If he only wants to play 2 years then so be it. If he wants to cash in on all 7 I don't mind either. He'd only be holding up the last spot.

I wonder if this thought process has ever even been considered.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #44
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I wonder what happens to Horford now that Howard is going to Atlanta.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@TheVertical: Dwight Howard agrees to three-year, $70.5 million deal with Hawks. @ShamsCharania report on @TheVertical.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #46
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I don't know how much faith I have in this year's team. It's going to be rough to watch if Dirk leaves. They haven't been able to sign any of their free agent targets.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I don't know how much faith I have in this year's team. It's going to be rough to watch if Dirk leaves. They haven't been able to sign any of their free agent targets.
I think it's going to be sadder when Dirk stays (and he is)
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #48
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

As long as Dirk stays I'll watch, only to enjoy watching him pass more records and pretty much establish a position in Mavericks history that future superstars can only dream about matching.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@TheVertical: Dwight Howard agrees to three-year, $70.5 million deal with Hawks. @ShamsCharania report on @TheVertical.
@espn_macmahon: Dwight Howard didn't get his $24M per year, but he came real close.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-01-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #50
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@espn_macmahon: Dwight Howard didn't get his $24M per year, but he came real close.
As crazy as that money is....that's probably one of the most reasonable contracts out there.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote