Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-05-2003, 09:11 AM   #321
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<< uh-oh...someone is depressed.
Stop waving that daffodil in my face Fidel! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Fidel, do you need a Smiths support group? Maybe a nice 12 step de-Smith-itization program?

I just bought Hot Hot Heat's &quot;Makeup the Breakdown&quot; and the Kills.

Veruca, Dandy Warhols aren't out until JULY here. Why? Do you have any idea?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2003, 10:28 AM   #322
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Right now its a homemade burned CD I made this weekend. All of the songs are unedited that I got from Kazaa.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Track 1: In da club by 50 cent
Track 2: Dear Mama by Tupac
Track 3: I got 5 on it by Lunix
Track 4: Country Grammer by Nelly
Track 5: #1 Stunner by Big Timers
Track 6: Stop, Drop by DMX
Track 7: Wankster by 50 Cent
Track 8: Compton by NWA
Track 9: 8 Mile by Eminem
Track 10: Two of america's most wanted by Tupac

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #323
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

<<

I just bought Hot Hot Heat's &quot;Makeup the Breakdown&quot; and the Kills.

Veruca, Dandy Warhols aren't out until JULY here. Why? Do you have any idea?
>>

I can't decide whether or not I NEED need the Hot Hot Heat, or just want it. I really
like Naked In The City, and Bandages is good...i think I need a free copy.
The Kills on the other hand, I think i'll buy this week. It's fantastic.

I can't believe the delay is soooo huge on the Dandys. It comes out on the 19th of May here.
My guess is that they could be planning to tour it hear and Europe later in the year, so they want the album out in advance. My understanding is that they only play phone boothed sized venues in the US, where they play 1000+ venues here. I'm hoping it's because they're going to come out in July to play Splendour In The Grass (a two day music festival on the North Coast of NSW).....but who knows.

I noticed that the Star Spangles album comes out in June in Japan, July in the UK &amp; August in the US (who knows what that means for me). Record companies are a beast i stopped trying to understand a long long time ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #324
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #325
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< MECHANICAL ANIMALS:

We were neurophobic and perfect
the day that we lost our souls
machines that wished they were human
If they cry they will rust
And I was a hand grenade
That never stopped exploding
You were automatic and as hollow as the &quot;o&quot; in god

I am never gonna be the one for you
I am never gonna save the world from you
But they'll never be good for you
Or bad to you
They'll never be anything
Anything at all

You were my mechanical bride
You were phenobarbidoll
A manniqueen of depression
With the face of a dead star
And I was a hand grenade
That never stopped exploding
You were automatic and as hollow as the &quot;o&quot; in god

I am never gonna be the one for you (chorus repeat)

This isn't me I'm not mechanical
I'm just a boy playing the suicide king
>>

Old 05-09-2003, 07:58 PM   #326
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Well...i'm trying to listen to it, but i just have to do the obligatory 200 listens
of 'God Only Knows' first, then I can move onto the rest of it.

Smile like you mean it
Old 05-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #327
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< &quot;Miles Away&quot;

As the cars go by under the sun like an enemy
You Wonder
You Wonder
You Wonder

As a spider comes and looks at you like an enemy
You Wonder
You Wonder
You Wonder

Yeah Miles, miles away
She's hurting people in a better world
Miles, miles away
Dressed again in the hot water

You're more beautiful than ever
Looking in the car's rear view mirror

Floor is hard uncomforted
By the second time she wondered she hungered she hungers
like a killers wife
As the cars go by
As the cars go by
As the cars go by
Yeah as the cars go by
Miles, miles away

She's hurting people in a better world
Miles, miles away
Dressed again in the hot water

Well you're more beautiful than ever
Looking in the car's rear view mirror
You're more beautiful than ever
Miles, Miles away
Miles, Miles away
>>

Old 05-16-2003, 07:51 AM   #328
Fidel
Diamond Member

Just listened to this song about 20 times in a row. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs rock. Can´t wait to see them live in june.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:00 AM   #329
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I've got a pre-release copy of Radiohead's &quot;Hail to the Thief&quot;... still evaluating, but I like it. More in the vein of their earlier material but with some of the ambient electronica of Kid A and Amnesiac. Good stuff, but as with all Radiohead it takes a while to really get a good feel for it.

(Caveat emptor: Radiohead could sing Kajagoogoo karaoke and I would love it. I think they're simply brilliant.)
Old 05-16-2003, 09:20 AM   #330
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I bought the 3 disk 20 years of Dischord. Really good. All you Ian Mcaye fans need to go out and get it.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 06:25 PM   #331
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I went 4 months without having to listen to ANYTHING from Kid A, and it was glorious. Hopefully I
can break that record with 'Hail To The Thief' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Fidel, can i come to the gig with you?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 05-16-2003, 11:18 PM   #332
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< Fidel, can i come to the gig with you?? >>

Of course Veruca. You are more than welcome.
Berlin´s a great city. I guess you´d like it over here.
So what are you waiting for? Hop on the next plane for an easy 24 hour trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
Old 05-16-2003, 11:31 PM   #333
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

Playing now in my CD player- The Music (yes its the name of the band, and it's a self titled release). Very cool single &quot;Take the Long Road and Walk It.&quot;
Old 05-16-2003, 11:50 PM   #334
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Compilation CD's I've burned. But, the one I'm listening to over and over have these songs on it. There favorites of mine and they really have no reason to them.

Rolling Stones (Start Me Up), Fleetwood Mac (Go Your Own Way), Pink Floyd (Learning To Fly), Led Zepplin (D'yer Maker), Creedence Clearwater (Have You Ever Seen The Rain?), George Thorogood (Who Do You Love?), Boston (More Than A Feeling), John Lennon (Imagine), Van Morrison (Brown Eyed Girl), Stevie Nicks/Don Henley (Leather and Lace), The Ramones (I Wanna Be Sedated), The Beatles (Hey Jude), Fleetwood Mac (Landslide), Bob Segar (Old Time Rock and Roll), Bay City Rollers (Saturday Night).
Old 05-17-2003, 12:50 AM   #335
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<<

<< Fidel, can i come to the gig with you?? >>

Of course Veruca. You are more than welcome.
Berlin´s a great city. I guess you´d like it over here.
So what are you waiting for? Hop on the next plane for an easy 24 hour trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
>>

where should i meet you? I'll be the one with pink &amp; black hair, dressed in pink black and red [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-02-2003, 09:53 PM   #336
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default RE: What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Radiohead's new album is well, what do you expect?

But I am listening too:
NOFX
Dandy Warhols
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:15 PM   #337
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Default What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Radiohead's new album is well, what do you expect?
I expect to go as long as humanly possible without having to hear any of it.

listening......
the Panics
Electric Six
Simian
Big Black
Spacemen 3

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs still, it freaking rules!!! Still, it could've benifited with the inclusion
of Bang!

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-02-2003, 10:20 PM   #338
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Radiohead: Well, its far too depressing to even listen too. If making music is this sad, why do they bother?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:27 PM   #339
veruca salt
Platinum Member

"Radiohead have sold twenty million albums and they're still miserable? I can tell you from personal experience - it's not that bad. Trust me."
-Noel Gallagher

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #340
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Anyone interested in Spiritualized? They have a new album coming out in a few months and some copies have already been leaked on the net.

Chris Leslie-Hynan reports:
It's no hoax: Spiritualized® have recorded a new album entitled Amazing Grace. This may already be old news to file-sharers, who have been downloading the album for over a week without even being sure-- until now-- that it was actually Jason Pierce's latest opus. Many Spiritualized® fans didn't even know an album was in the works prior to its appearance on P2P file-sharing services last week.

As with the first leaked version of Radiohead's Hail To The Thief, there is some debate over whether or not these tracks are in their finished state, or whether they will undergo further mastering before the album is officially released. NME.com quoted a source as saying the album was "recorded in just a few weeks" and added "it's more stripped down than Let It Come Down. It's the antithesis of the last one." This, along with the album's brief duration (about 40 minutes) caused the magazine to dub Amazing Grace "garage." Come on lads, you're better than that.

To read more silly jokes at NME's expense and further fan reaction to the album, check out the message boards on the official Spiritualized® site. No release date has been set for Amazing Grace. The leaked tracks:

01 This Little Life of Mine
02 She Kissed Me (It Felt Like a Hit)
03 Hold On
04 Oh Baby
05 Never Goin' Back
06 The Power and the Glory
07 Lord, Let It Rain On Me
08 The Ballad of Richie Lee
09 Cheapster
10 Rated X
11 Lay It Down Slow

Spiritualized® is set to play a few U.S. dates this summer. Well, actually, that's not 100% confirmed either, but since it's posted on the band's website, we feel comfortable reporting it. According to the site, Spiritualized® will follow their performance at the Field Day festival with shows in Philadelphia and Boston. Our internet scouts also report a fourth show, at New York's Bowery Ballroom on June 10th. Dates:

06-07 Long Island, NY - Field Day Festival
06-09 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
06-10 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
06-11 Boston, MA - The Paradise
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #341
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Tupac Shakur is spinning in my CD player now!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:07 PM   #342
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Noise Ratchet is playing in mine right now.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:34 PM   #343
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Spiritualized *sigh*
Go and see them live if you can kids, they'll blow your mind.

And signofthetimes....is that signature a shot at anyone in particular (where is that roll of the eyes smilie when you need it?)

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-05-2003, 05:37 PM   #344
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I got the new radiohead cd a few weeks ago and didnt like it that much at first, but after some listens.... I REALLY REALLY REALLY like it.
On my playlist:

Hail to the the Thief(of course)
T-Rex
Planet Funk
New Scumfrog cd
Stereolab(dots and loops)
New Tiesto cd(sucks)
Paul Wall and Chamillionare(my money gets jealous)
Xiomara fortuna
LTJ Bukem!

oh and I wish I could go see spiritualized!

turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:41 AM   #345
mavs_girl1987

mavs_girl1987 is on a distinguished road

maybe i'm young and all, but in my cd right now i have linkin park, sometimes Good Charlotte and Avril lavigne

GO MAVS
mavs_girl1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #346
veruca salt
Platinum Member

poor thing

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-10-2003, 02:14 PM   #347
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

JETHRO TULL - AQUALUNG...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:10 PM   #348
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

in my changer, i have dave matthews, the dixie chix, the beatles, and the red hot chili peppers...good stuff baby.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #349
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Genesis: The Hits
The Essential Leonard Cohen
Project Pitchfork- IO
Old 06-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #350
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

just got three new cds while i was up in toronto (love the exchange rate... although the only things that don;t seem to be adjusted for the rate are CDs and food).

all-american rejects (pretty good)
pete yorn - day i forgot (i like it)
hootie and the blowfish (not their best work, but it's ok)
Old 06-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #351
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
in my changer, i have dave matthews, the dixie chix, the beatles, and the red hot chili peppers...good stuff baby.
The Dixie Chicks? I thought everyone burned those things, or rolled over them with a steamroller. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2003, 05:03 PM   #352
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

hey, i still like their music, maybe even more after everyone started hating them.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:05 PM   #353
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I have never heard them. But after those idiotic statements, I assure you I never will intentionally listen to them.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #354
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

They Might Be Giants- Flood
Works: Best of Men at Work
Old 06-10-2003, 09:43 PM   #355
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

After a long time I am listening to Three doors down.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:58 PM   #356
Fidel
Diamond Member

Slayer - Reign in blood

Yeah I feel the need to break something at times...

Also

The Oliver Twist
Depeche Mode - Violator
Phony - First Love
Placebo - Sleeping with ghost

and still

The YeahYeahYeahs - Fever to tell
Ash - Intergalactic Sonic
Suede - A new morning

and allways

Supergrass, Pulp...
Old 06-11-2003, 12:50 AM   #357
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Slayer to Pulp.......ahh Fidel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #358
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Not exactly what is in my CD player yet, but cool stuff nonetheless...

http://www.alien8recordings.com/MP3/ritesofspring.mp3
Old 06-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #359
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road

i like the all-american rejects...

what is everyone's favorite radio station?

during mavs season and on game days... espn 103.3 is awesome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
for music... 102.1 the edge

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #360
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Thanks to Dooby I am spinning "Paul's Boutique" in my CD player right now. Beasties rule.

Favorite radio station? I only listen to one(or three rolled into one), 1310AM, 1700AM, or 104.1FM..... otherwise known as the Ticket. Although that is not completely true, during Mavs games I will throw on Followill and his calling of the game over the National media. As well as when the Stars are playing, I will listen to Ralph and Razor over the national media as well.

And if the Rangers would start playing better...........

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here