Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #441
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I don't believe im being a troll. Is having a opinion being a troll? lol. Yes, Mike had a good year, but obviously it could of been better, mike will be the 1st to say so. Drbio, I guess you would be complacent if we lose to Portland cause we had 60 wins. I pity you for being so ignorant and caustic to those who care to think for themselves. >>

I've yet to see one thought from you worth considering tickturd. You are in the grand scheme of things....meaningless.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #442
TheseRefsAreAJoke

TheseRefsAreAJoke is on a distinguished road

MFF, I hear ya, more power to you, speak your mind. Part of my beef with you (i don't mean to sound condescending or offensive) is, correct me if im wrong, but you only watched Nat. tv games, right? SO I often wonder how you can be bashing things which you don't even see. You might bash Dirk for having 2 rebounds in a half, but b/c you can't watch, you wouldn't know he had been running out on jump shooters all half b/c the zone, just my 2 cents.
TheseRefsAreAJoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #443
TheseRefsAreAJoke

check my game recap in this thread sir, Murphy enjoyed it.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:21 PM   #444
Drbio
Banned

<< check my game recap in this thread sir, Murphy enjoyed it. >>

so now you speak for murph? your schtick is stale.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:23 PM   #445
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

It seems like Nellie would want to post Dirk up more.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #446
Drbio
Banned

Finally...basketball...thanks David. I would hope so. Dirk is doing well in the post lately.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #447
TheseRefsAreAJoke

Drbio, no i don't, but he said so himself. And don't say &quot;finally basketball&quot;, you started this.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #448
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< correct me if im wrong, but you only watched Nat. tv games, right? >>

I have seen more than national tv games, thank you. I've gone in person to both Oakland, Sacramento, and LA. I have a friend in TX that tapes some of the games for me as well.

You would be correct that when I make some of my posts in the game threads, I'm following along online or catching 5 minute segments on ESPN gamebreak.

I see about half, if not a few more, of the Mav games. Does that somehow make me more know less than others? If that's what you're saying, you are an idiot.

And for someone who just joined the board on April 23rd, I'd like to know how you would know whether I've watched only National tv games or not? What I have seen or what I haven't seen.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:33 PM   #449
TheseRefsAreAJoke

&quot;I have seen more than national tv games, thank you. I've gone in person to both Oakland, Sacramento, and LA. I have a friend in TX that tapes some of the games for me as well.

You would be correct that when I make some of my posts in the game threads, I'm following along online or catching 5 minute segments on ESPN gamebreak.

I see about half, if not a few more, of the Mav games. Does that somehow make me more know less than others? If that's what you're saying, you are an idiot.

And for someone who just joined the board on April 23rd, I'd like to know how you would know whether I've watched only National tv games or not? What I have seen or what I haven't seen.&quot;

As I said, I have read the board for over a year, is that a crime. By NO means am I questioning your basketball knowledge. You obviously make you brilliantly acute post, trust me, i've read many. I don't mean to be noxious or acrimonious at all. Your NBA IQ is not in question, top 10 on the board IMO, no doubt. I wasn't sure how many games you got to see. My point was simply that in the games you can't see, it is honestly hard to comment, as you can't see whats happening.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:36 PM   #450
Drbio
Banned

Run the village idiot into the corner and he retreats. well done.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #451
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

And my beef with Dirk taking so many shots in game 2 was that he wasn't hitting. He was 8 of 25. He missed 17 shots.

Finley (7-12) and Nash (10-14) were combined for 17-26.

Dirk took almost as many shots as the other 2 big 3 combined. Yet, all I heard was how we needed to get Dirk more shots so he could shoot his way out of the funk. That his record would show that he'd hit soon enough.

In game 1, it wasn't a problem seeing Dirk taking 27 shots. He was unstoppable and Fin (5-12) or Nash (3-11) could buy one. In fact, most thought Dirk could have taken more shots than what he did.

However, my beef was that Dirk wasn't hitting in game 2 but he kept throwing them up. If Finley or Nash weren't hitting either, I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Yet, everyone acknowledged Dirk wouldn't be able to carry the load and score 46 again and still win without some help from Finley and/or Nash picking up some of the load earlier in the game. Especially knowing that the Blazers were going to pay more attention to Dirk.

It's one thing to make sure Dirk takes the most shots, have the offense ran through him, but it's hard for Finley and Nash to step up on 12 shots per game when Dirk is taking 25 shots.

Finley, 24 shots (12spg)

Nash, 25 shots (12.5spg)

Dirk, 51 shots (25.5spg)
Old 04-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #452
TheseRefsAreAJoke

True, but those shots dirk took, for the most part were good, he was hacked on a bunch and missed a few open J's.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:56 PM   #453
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It is weird that Dirk kept shooting so much. The team was 38-78 (48.7%). Dirk was 8-25 (32%), the rest of the team was 30-53 (56.6%). In fact the only players who played 10 or more minutes and had a shooting percentage of 50% or less were Bradley and Dirk.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:06 AM   #454
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

<< It didn't matter because Bonzi blew the 2nd foul shot. You're just mad because the Mavs are up 2-0 and the Spurs lost home court advantage. >>

Well, in fairness, I doubt that the game unfolds exactly the same way if the Mavs are nursing a two point lead at that point. I'm certain that Nash would never have risked a foul (he was playing Bonzi really tight, way out from the basket) if it might have meant putting Bonzi at the line in a game-tying situation. As it was, it wasn't a smart foul, but luckily, Bonzi missed one of the free throws.

Missed calls are a part of the game. Sucks for the Blazers, kicks-ass for the Mavs. That's the way it goes. Usually, bad calls even out in the long run. I'm sure the Blazers got some missed calls in their favor too.

And why do you feel this need to trash the Spurs? Their series hasn't gone that different from the Mavs series. The Mavs could just as easily be 1-1 with some bad luck (like Nash missing that last shot, and putting the Blazers into a game-winning situation), and the Spurs could just as easily be 2-0 with some good luck (like Phoenix NOT getting two hail-mary shots in one game). Be happy they haven't had to deal with that kind of karma.

And talk about missed calls! Marbury not only hit a prayer, but got away with a serious travel in doing it! Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the refs. As I said, missed calls are a part of the game. I'd be mad if they missed two or three calls in a row at the end of a game, but you can't really blame them for missing one. The Spurs should have never put themselves into a position where a hail mary shot could change the outcome of a game. If they'd taken care of business (like hitting their damn free throws in the clutch), it doesn't make a difference if Marbury travels and hits a banking three pointer. Shouldn't have been that close of a game.

Anyway, good win for the Mavs. Must feel good to be up 2-0, with nothing to lose going back to Portland.