Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-08-2004, 01:39 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Lets make another deal with Golden State

Golden State trades: PG Nick Van Exel (13.2 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.9 apg in 33.3 minutes)
C Adonal Foyle (0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 3.0 minutes)
Golden State receives: PF Antoine Walker (17.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.6 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +10.0 ppg, +9.1 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (17.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.6 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Nick Van Exel (13.2 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.9 apg in 26 games)
C Adonal Foyle (0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 1 games)
Change in team outlook: -10.0 ppg, -9.1 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I have no idea why Golden State would do this deal other than to chop a year off of NVE's contract (which they can opt out of a year early anyways). But then again, who could have thought we could have molested them on the Jamison deal? How about we throw in some cash and our 2004 2nd round pick?

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2004, 04:34 AM   #2
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Lets make another deal with Golden State

Doing a little reminiscing aexchange? I don't think the mavs do that trade, and if they did I think Dallas would be getting a pick, not the other way around. I say this because Walker is a 27 year old all-star SF/PF with 1 year left on his contract after this one. However, I would do that trade. If last year Cuban could have traded Raef, Avery, and spare parts for Antawn and Adonal (which is basically what you are doing), I believe he would have. I can understand Nelson saying that they couldn't have a backup PG making $13ml, but don't they have a backup SF making pretty close to that same amount right now?

I've been pondering trades for one of our SF in order to get us a C and backup PG, such as Antawn for Booth/Barry. KG has also posted a Walker/Delk for Ratliff/Terry which is probably the one I like the most. Not only does your trade do that, but the PG already knows the system and is well liked by the coaching staff, teammates, and fans.......... well, most of the fans.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]( For Murph )

I would also do this:

Dallas trades: PG Travis Best (3.2 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 13.1 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (2.6 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.8 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (17.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Erick Dampier (10.9 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 31.8 minutes)
PG Nick Van Exel (13.2 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.9 apg in 33.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.3 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

Golden State trades: C Erick Dampier (10.9 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 31.8 minutes)
PG Nick Van Exel (13.2 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.9 apg in 33.3 minutes)
Golden State receives: PG Travis Best (3.2 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 29 games)
C Shawn Bradley (2.6 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.1 apg in 22 games)
PF Antoine Walker (17.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.3 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Lets make another deal with Golden State

I would throwing a 1st rounder to get NVE back.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:06 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lets make another deal with Golden State

no, if you trade Walker, it must be for an above average 5..not a decent think score first point.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:27 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

read my lips- Dampier is not leaving San Francisco.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

the home of the warriors isn't actually san francisco, erica. it's actually in oakland...

at this point, i don't really want to do a trade with gs unless it involves dampier. nve is not the answer to our problems.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:15 PM   #7
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I might do both trades even without NVE, he is just the icing. If you think about it, its almost the perfect trade as it helps the Mavs five biggest problems.

- The Mavs get a real 5 so Dirk no longer has to play center
- Finally get production out of a back-up PG
- Get back alot of the toughness, leadership, and heart that the Mavs are lacking
- Get rid of Walker which kills the "point forward" bs and gives the team back to Dirk and Nash.
- Nellie said you need a inside presences to win on the road, the Mavs get that and NVE who is a good bench player.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:15 PM   #8
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I might do both trades even without NVE, he is just the icing. If you think about it, its almost the perfect trade as it helps the Mavs five biggest problems.

- The Mavs get a real 5 so Dirk no longer has to play center
- Finally get production out of a back-up PG
- Get back alot of the toughness, leadership, and heart that the Mavs are lacking
- Get rid of Walker which kills the "point forward" bs and gives the team back to Dirk and Nash.
- Nellie said you need a inside presences to win on the road, the Mavs get that and NVE who was a part of the great road team last year.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:36 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
the home of the warriors isn't actually san francisco, erica. it's actually in oakland...

at this point, i don't really want to do a trade with gs unless it involves dampier. nve is not the answer to our problems.
actually the home of the GS Warriors is in San Francisco/Bay area (I spend a lot of time there). Their arena is in Oakland but was moved out there when space became an issue and Oakland had a lot of cheap space.

The Warriors have always served Bay Area residents, especially those from San Francisco. At one time the Golden State Warriors were known as the San Francisco Warriors and the San Francisco trolley system was pictured on the original jersey.

Many times when Arenas are moved away from the name of the capital city out to a neighboring borough. The Phoenix Suns at one point were going to move to the city of Mesa and were going to become the "Arizona Suns". The New Jersey Nets serve the capital but the actual stadium is outside Trenton in East Rutherford, but no one calls the New Jersey Nets, the "East Rutherford Nets"
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:44 PM   #10
jimmychipwood

jimmychipwood is on a distinguished road

Heck Yeah I'd do the Dampier/NVE trade.

We'd "get rid of" Best, Bradley, and Walker, and get those two....Dampier starts, Jamison moves into the starting lineup with the big 3, NVE off the bench along with J. Ho, Marquis, Najera, Fortson...

We'd have to throw in at least a pick, maybe even a J. Ho to get that done...but even throwing in J. Ho, it would be worth it.

nbaunplugged.com
jimmychipwood is offline   Reply With Quote