Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Suns Looking To Trade

AZ Republic
----------------

"Since the season ended, any Suns deal figured to include Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw. Consideration for such moves has accelerated and cooled in recent weeks but remains a possibility with Phoenix looking to move up in Thursday's draft order or acquire another first-round pick to go with its No. 15 selection. With Barbosa, the talks of most substance have been with Portland and New York. A Portland deal would have sent 21-year-old swingman Martell Webster, next week's No. 13 pick and another piece for Barbosa. Webster, who is 6 feet 7, averaged 10.7 points and hit 39 percent of his 3-pointers as a starter last season while improving his defense and rebounding. He missed the final seven games due to an irregular heartbeat."

Detroit Free Pres
--------------------

"The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal. Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons."
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Stoke the Fires of Rumor

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Come to us~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Come to butthead

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:42 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Well, with the Bayless draft/trade--there goes the Barbosa to Portland rumor.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

and with the Nets taking Yi/Simmons rather than Barbosa/Diaw... there goes there chance on Jefferson. ..which I do not understand that deal for the Nets at all, they could have gotten a better deal for Jefferson.

Where are there real talks about G. Wallace being on the table? All I have heard about the Bobcats is that Felton is. ...Also, Im thinking that there is still a chance on Maggette going to the Suns within a deal for Barbosa/Diaw.

Dream deal for us would be to work with the Clippers and Suns for any type of deal that got us Maggette and Barbosa to Dallas I think.... Howard to Phoenix; Diaw & Terry to Clippers; Barbosa and Maggette to Dallas.... hell lets get Kaman too by throwing in Damp, Stackhouse, and Bass if need be
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
and with the Nets taking Yi/Simmons rather than Barbosa/Diaw... there goes there chance on Jefferson. ..which I do not understand that deal for the Nets at all, they could have gotten a better deal for Jefferson.

Where are there real talks about G. Wallace being on the table? All I have heard about the Bobcats is that Felton is. ...Also, Im thinking that there is still a chance on Maggette going to the Suns within a deal for Barbosa/Diaw.

Dream deal for us would be to work with the Clippers and Suns for any type of deal that got us Maggette and Barbosa to Dallas I think.... Howard to Phoenix; Diaw & Terry to Clippers; Barbosa and Maggette to Dallas.... hell lets get Kaman too by throwing in Damp, Stackhouse, and Bass if need be

and you are drunk
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I wish I was drunk enough to actually believe it... just having some fun :/
I also believe I prefaced that with "dream deal"
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They could have done better than Lebron King James?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still interested to see what the Bucks see with RJ and Alexander. Did things magically change where they want to keep Charlie Villanueva and Redd?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough
Default Do it

Dallas need this changes, Kaman, Maggette and a f or sf Dias/Artest, i don't understand we Dallas not has traded Jefferson...

Dallas payroll is over 100Mil, don't understand that they coundn't have some good trades, Arenas, Jamison, Iverson, Artest, Maggette e.o. can sign out and then we can trade Josh/Ter or Josh/Damp Ter/Damp for a better C (PF/C)..
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I'm still interested to see what the Bucks see with RJ and Alexander. Did things magically change where they want to keep Charlie Villanueva and Redd?

I thought the whole point of trading Redd was to get a better SF. Anyways, keep Diaw away from Dallas. I think he's clearly a product of the Sun's offense. SF's will blow right past him every game. Barbosa will be the perfect 6th man if we trade Terry somehow. Although i'd kill the Mav's entire front office if we had a backcourt of Kidd/Terry/Barbosa.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:

Phx would like Howard and maybe Terry. They are going more to a half court set next year or trying to trade into this type team. They know Hill is fragile and they was lucky last year he was never really hurt. He gets bad bad injuries every year except last yer, so they know they need another Hill or another player for that spot.

If they could get a player like Howard and make Howard play right. Play like Pippen and scrap for the ball, drive, get fouled and then shoot some, they need this. Amare is a beast on offense in the painted area. They need a player like Howard that drives teams crazy going in the paint, on boards, plays defense. A player out front that does this. Phx and Dallas have to be very careful doing deals with one another as it can come back to bite them.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote