Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your your resolution for 2006?

I've been criticized repeatedly for my resolution for 2005. I went into last year thinking that it would be a good idea to be a kinder and gentler Murphy3. However, that was not received well at all by many. So, this year, I'm going all out with the scorched earth policy.

I've told you my resolution... What's yours?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Have a couple:

1. Color my hair brown and/or shave it off before the end of the year

2. No Fast Food. My bill for December reached over 100

3. Go to the gym often

4. Become firefighter
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Joshua 24:15b

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Ephesians 4:31-32
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Joshua 24:15b
Ditto
Old 01-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
Ephesians 4:31-32
I was torn between this and Sike & U2's suggestion of Joshua 24:15...but I think I'm just going to try to make it through 2006 without getting my hair cut, instead. Seems easier.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
I was torn between this and Sike & U2's suggestion of Joshua 24:15...but I think I'm just going to try to make it through 2006 without getting my hair cut, instead. Seems easier.
that's just like you....too bad your head looks like Hulk Hogan...the latter years

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
that's just like you....too bad your head looks like Hulk Hogan...the latter years
...as if the earlier version were any different from the latter!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
...as if the earlier version were any different from the latter!
up yours!.....oh well..their goes my resolution

Old 01-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

My resolution for 2006: 1680x1050. Hopefully I'll get a new LCD later this year that does 1920x1080 though.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

my my resolution is to learn to salsa dance, go camping/hiking more, finish my bachelors, and find a way to save some money from month to month

And this might be the first time I've said this about a Murphy post but this thread needs to be sticked throughout this year.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
My resolution for 2006: 1680x1050. Hopefully I'll get a new LCD later this year that does 1920x1080 though.
bernardos, you and I are two of a kind. I am a total addict when it comes to displays. I'm running 1680x1050 on a 20" widescreen LCD next to a standard 17" LCD at 1280x1024. One of my buddies recently bought Dell's 24" widescreen that runs 1920x1200.. it's awesome. Huge, almost unwieldy, but still pretty awesome.

Back on topic... no NYR's for me.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #13
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

My resolutions are:

1. make God my number 1 priority
2. spend more quality time w/the husband
3. eat healthier and exercise more frequently
4. find a new church home

That is all.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
My resolutions are:

1. make God my number 1 priority
2. spend more quality time w/the husband
3. eat healthier and exercise more frequently
4. find a new church home

That is all.
If your post was anymore goody goody than what it was, it would almost make my original post seem of little importance.

Can I come up with 6 more resolutions to fill out your top 10 for the year?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
If your post was anymore goody goody than what it was, it would almost make my original post seem of little importance.

Can I come up with 6 more resolutions to fill out your top 10 for the year?
Aw, Murph, all of your posts are important! And sure, I'd love to see the 6 you come up with! I hate resolutions and normally don't do them, but the 4 things I listed are things I've been thinking about a lot the past few weeks, so I thought, "What the heck! I'll go for it."

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Start Ice Skating Lessons (Jan 16, 10 wks)
Pay off my car by February
Learn to play tennis
Improve Golf game
Save a lot of $
Take more trips
Old 01-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Now that I've been cleared to do so, I plan on starting running again... work my way up to running in a marathon by the end of the year. The last time I was able to run, I was up to 6 miles or so 3-4 times a week. It'll take me a little while to get back to there, but I think I can quickly work my way up to 26+ miles.