Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute
Default suns love, on nba.com

for all you haters that think steve nash is not surrounded by all stars..lets take a look at what the nba.com people think...

its a game recap from suns-mavs

http://www.nba.com/aroundtheassociat....html?rss=true

While the Mavs' improved defensive play has been a big part of the best regular season in franchise history, they'll have to continue to shore up the 'D' if they want to get past the Suns again in the postseason. In a rematch of the 2006 Western Conference Finals, Phoenix shot 46-for-71 from the floor, good enough for an NBA season-high 64.8 percent, in a 126-104 home triumph. Included in that was an impressive 12-for-21 (.571) performance from 3-point land, and not included was a 22-for-23 (.957) effort from the free throw line. Leandro Barbosa, starting rather than Boris Diaw, scored 29 points, and All-Stars Amare Stoudemire, Steve Nash and Shawn Marion each scored at least 20 points and shot 60-plus percent. The decisive victory raises some interesting questions. Will Nash overtake Dirk Nowitzki (21 points, 6-of-18 shooting) in the Race to the 2007 MVP? Will the Suns leapfrog the Mavericks in the NBA.com Power Rankings? Will Dallas make it to 70 wins?

regardless i hate steve nash. I just love how he gets off on sticking it to cuban and to the rest of dallas players/fans ...seriously F nash.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Here is some on ESPN.COM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ilydime-070402

"We gained our identity back" -Mike D'Antoni

Really? Just like you did the last time you beat us?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

oh yeah i forgot to mention that i hate d'antoni too. my hate is so deep with that bastard.

I also don't want to make this a i hate suns thread...cause we have plenty of those, and i don't want to make this a look at all the suns love thread..cause we have those too...

i'm just saying...
Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
JMSteele

JMSteele is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Hate ... hate ... hate ... aimed at professional basketball players and coaches? Such a healthy and charitable way to lead one's life.

From MavsX relatively banal remarks about hate to Wraiths regular outrageous display of vitriolic anti-social personality disorder (he called for killing suns fans, among other similarly loving remarks about fellow human beings who happen to cheer for another team) this board is a cauldron of immaturity, foul-mouthed toxic personal expressions of rage, hate, and anger.

Whomever runs this board needs to take a serious look at just how toxic and inhospitable this place has become. It's all the more distressing that it comes from the fans of one of the best teams in professional sports. Spirited to an fro and boasting about the Mavs and/or other teams is one thing, raw unfiltered hate is quite another.
JMSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSteele
Hate ... hate ... hate ... aimed at professional basketball players and coaches? Such a healthy and charitable way to lead one's life.

From MavsX relatively banal remarks about hate to Wraiths regular outrageous display of vitriolic anti-social personality disorder (he called for killing suns fans, among other similarly loving remarks about fellow human beings who happen to cheer for another team) this board is a cauldron of immaturity, foul-mouthed toxic personal expressions of rage, hate, and anger.

Whomever runs this board needs to take a serious look at just how toxic and inhospitable this place has become. It's all the more distressing that it comes from the fans of one of the best teams in professional sports. Spirited to an fro and boasting about the Mavs and/or other teams is one thing, raw unfiltered hate is quite another.
Oh please. "I hate D'Antoni" obviously means "I hate D'Antoni as a coach," not "I hate D'Antoni as a person," because nobody here knows him personally. This kind of "hate" isn't going to somehow affect personal relationships.

It's just a language thing. We're not going to say "I disapprove of Michael D'Antoni as a coach" because we're not British. Sorry if you're hypersensitive to certain words, but nobody's committing real hate crimes or anything.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric will become famous soon enoughGrammaton Cleric will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Oh please. "I hate D'Antoni" obviously means "I hate D'Antoni as a coach," not "I hate D'Antoni as a person," because nobody here knows him personally. This kind of "hate" isn't going to somehow affect personal relationships.

It's just a language thing. We're not going to say "I disapprove of Michael D'Antoni as a coach" because we're not British. Sorry if you're hypersensitive to certain words, but nobody's committing real hate crimes or anything.
Whatever helps you sleep at night man.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric will become famous soon enoughGrammaton Cleric will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I couldn't agree more. The sheer malevolence that envelopes this entire board is disgusting.

But of course, I'll just be told that I'm being a big baby and all that crap - which of course just strengthens my argument.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I say, that Mike Dan Tony fellow is a rather cheeky git isn't he? Terrible form. I find his style of coaching positively ghastly

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-02-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

You my friend should be kissing my hairy bean bag.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
Whatever helps you sleep at night man.
Actually I just pulled an all-nighter getting this stats project and take-home probability midterm done.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I say, that Mike Dan Tony fellow is a rather cheeky git isn't he? Terrible form. I find his style of coaching positively ghastly
Haha, yeah that.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. The sheer malevolence that envelopes this entire board is disgusting.

But of course, I'll just be told that I'm being a big baby and all that crap - which of course just strengthens my argument.
a) Is Grammaton Cleric a reference to the Christian Bale movie, Equilibrium? A really good and underrated flic, IMHO.

One of the things that I really appreciated in the movie was the irony of the grammaton clerics' efforts to eradicate war from the earth through all-out warfare.

b) Do you have any interests other than this board's norms and mores? Like, for instance, do you have any interest in basketball?

Just an observation but it seems that something near 100% of your posts here are harshly negative commentaries on a poster's style. It seems your posts are invariably about hatin' on the regulars here.

wait a sec...I get it now...you're the grammaton cleric!!!

How could I miss the irony!?! You say we're so rude, but then again you're just the rude outsider who doesn't wipe his feet or even knock before entering the house. While we'll mix in a lot humor, basketball, and locker-room bs with our hating, all you've got is hating.

On one hand you set yourself in opposition to the hatin', but you're the biggest hater of them all. Grammaton Cleric, how apropos the irony, indeed!

Cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-02-2007 at 02:15 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
a) Is Grammaton Cleric a reference to the Christian Bale movie, Equilibrium? A really good and underrated flic, IMHO.

One of the things that I really appreciated in the movie was the irony of the grammaton clerics' efforts to eradicate war from the earth through all-out warfare.

b) Do you have any interests other than this board's norms and mores? Like, for instance, do you have any interest in basketball?

Just an observation but it seems that something near 100% of your posts here are harshly negative commentaries on a poster's style. It seems your posts are invariably about hatin' on the regulars here.

How could I miss the irony!?! You say we're so rude, but then again you're just the rude outsider who doesn't wipe his feet or even knock before entering the house. While we'll mix in a lot humor, basketball, and locker-room bs with our hating, all you've got is hating.

On one hand you set yourself in opposition to the hatin', but you're the biggest hater of them all. Grammaton Cleric, how apropos the irony, indeed!

Cheers

SWISH
Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

alexamenos with the deep three for the win
AND IT'S GOOD!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

doesnt matter how we match up with the suns because we wont have to play them.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
Xylus

Xylus will become famous soon enoughXylus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
doesnt matter how we match up with the suns because we wont have to play them.
You better hope so.
Xylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #17
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Well the trolls are here early this year. They usually start coming around right before a series is about to begin, now we are three weeks away from the playoffs and the trolls are here. Dang it, I really like the forum but I might have to cut back the time I spend here with all these trolls here.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cheers
Hah, I knew where you were going after you made your first point, but your execution of it was so masterful that its predictability didn't take anything away from its entertainment value.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Honestly, I don't see fault in the Suns love. They just owned the best team in the league, they deserve some praise even if it doesn't mean much. This is a big story for all those networks. I hope thye enjoy it, that's all they'll be accomplishing this year.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Honestly, I don't see fault in the Suns love. They just owned the best team in the league, they deserve some praise even if it doesn't mean much. This is a big story for all those networks. I hope thye enjoy it, that's all they'll be accomplishing this year.
at least at the end of your post, you were true to the mavs...good work...now im giving you rep.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
at least at the end of your post, you were true to the mavs...good work...now im giving you rep.
I'm as big a homer as any, but sometimes you have to keep it real. I'm not going to lie and say that the Suns beating us meant nothing, I'm just confident Avery and the Mavs will handle it correctly and come out even stronger. I'll always stay true to my Mavs

Edit: And thanks for the rep

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 04-02-2007 at 09:39 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 PM   #22
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Seems the keys were given out for another sociological thesis.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #23
Grammaton Cleric

Quote:

Cheers
You construed my post as hating? I swear, this place is like Opposite Land.

Look, I'd be happy to talk basketball in here. The problem is (and some of your fellow members here have acknowledged this) you guys don't encourage basketball talk from fans of other teams. In fact, you make it abundantly clear that you'd rather we say nothing at all. You're not interested in any opinion that doesn't heap accolades upon the Mighty Mavs. You paint us all with your big, troll brush even when we're being civil. Hell, Big Shot Rob practically kissed the Mavs' collective ass and you bagged on him for not being true to his team.

So I rarely comment on actual basketball now. I come in to see what the reactions are and I leave it at that - usually. JMSteele's post was dead on, so I chimed in with support. I figure an occasional reminder about how ridiculously hostile you appear to be as a group might one day spur some of you to wake up.

And what would you consider "wiping" and "knocking"? You made the analogy, so please explain yourself. I frankly don't see anyway for someone to gain acceptance around here other than agreeing with the loudest, most obnoxious posters. Forget that. Even if it's funny, most times I can't appreciate it because it's mostly raw antagonism.

The fact that you read my post and label it "hating" is part of the problem. Clearly you have no idea what that word means. If you did, you recognize it easily because it's all around you.

So don't preach to me about hate, bub. You people have got bags of it lying all over the place.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #24
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Look, I'd be happy to talk basketball in here. The problem is (and some of your fellow members here have acknowledged this) you guys don't encourage basketball talk from fans of other teams. In fact, you make it abundantly clear that you'd rather we say nothing at all.
This is real simple....

You provide a link to a post where you've made a substantial basketball comment but board regulars have not responded in a civil and reasonable manner (allowing for a little levity and differences of opinion amongst reasonable people)...

...I'll provide you with my humblest apology.

Fair Enough?

Cheers
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #25
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Grammo, I think the problem is you're treating the entire board as one person. If someone here leaves a bad taste in your mouth, the next person has very little room to defend the board. This is a good example. You're holding alex responsible for Wraith's posts.

This is a common tendency. People do what you're doing and next thing you know they label an entire fanbase as evil or mean or immature or whatever.

As for JM's post... wow that was completely out of left field. Sounded like one of those "if the kids play too many video games they'll join gangs, commit heinous crimes, and end up in prison" parents. (Something I strongly disagree with anyway. I play Grand Theft Auto all the time and still shudder when an actual person gets a papercut.)

JM was talking about "raw, unfiltered hate", sarcastically labeling it "a healthy and charitable way to lead one's life". Talk about blowing things out of proportion! It's not how MavsX leads his life, it's his disapproval of a rival sports coach. I've seen sensitivity to "the h-word" before, but come on.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #26
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is a good example. You're holding alex responsible for Wraith's posts.
Your point is absolutely correct, but I'm not so sure about your example.

I've busted his balls a time or two (but only in response to his bustin' on the board and others 'round here, of course....hey, i've never claimed to be an enlightened guy!).

I'm genuinely curious to see if he's been dis'd in a situation where he was seriously trying to talk basketball. I (as well as 99% of the folks 'round here I suppose) like a little good b-ball talk from time to time. My guess is that anytime he's tried to talk ball, he's gotten all the talk he can handle with nothing more than a bit of schtick.

cheers
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #27
MavsX
Diamond Member

Thanks dirkadirkastan, to Grammaton Cleric are we not entitled to our own opinions? We all have different personalities here on dallas-mavs.com. I do think it's wrong to characterize all of us into one big hate monger.

Hell i'll give you another one...i hate every player that plays for the Spurs. Including Finley. I think Pop sucks! But also this is MY opinion. If i actually saw these people in person i would probably ask for a picture and stare at them in awe. Again, you can't claim that all of Dallas-Mavs.com thinks this way. I think a lot of the posters here are more vocal than others, we do have close to 7,000 members now. ..That hate stems from being beat down by the Spurs for so many years; from their successes.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #28
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Thanks dirkadirkastan, to Grammaton Cleric are we not entitled to our own opinions? We all have different personalities here on dallas-mavs.com. I do think it's wrong to characterize all of us into one big hate monger.

Hell i'll give you another one...i hate every player that plays for the Spurs. Including Finley. I think Pop sucks! But also this is MY opinion. If i actually saw these people in person i would probably ask for a picture and stare at them in awe. Again, you can't claim that all of Dallas-Mavs.com thinks this way. I think a lot of the posters here are more vocal than others, we do have close to 7,000 members now. ..That hate stems from being beat down by the Spurs for so many years; from their successes.
I'd hate the Virgin Mary if she played for the Spurs.

She should just bring that emmaculate conception crap to the AAC. Let gana diop give her a bit of what joseph didn't.

(i'm so going to hell for that)
Old 04-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd hate the Virgin Mary if she played for the Spurs.

She should just bring that emmaculate conception crap to the AAC. Let gana diop give her a bit of what joseph didn't.

(i'm so going to hell for that)
That hot sports opinion might be a little too hot there, dude....
Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #30
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
That hot sports opinion might be a little too hot there, dude....
i'm feeling a little remorse.

....that's pretty rare.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #31
Grammaton Cleric

Quote:
Grammo, I think the problem is you're treating the entire board as one person. If someone here leaves a bad taste in your mouth, the next person has very little room to defend the board. This is a good example. You're holding alex responsible for Wraith's posts.

This is a common tendency. People do what you're doing and next thing you know they label an entire fanbase as evil or mean or immature or whatever.

As for JM's post... wow that was completely out of left field. Sounded like one of those "if the kids play too many video games they'll join gangs, commit heinous crimes, and end up in prison" parents. (Something I strongly disagree with anyway. I play Grand Theft Auto all the time and still shudder when an actual person gets a papercut.)

JM was talking about "raw, unfiltered hate", sarcastically labeling it "a healthy and charitable way to lead one's life". Talk about blowing things out of proportion! It's not how MavsX leads his life, it's his disapproval of a rival sports coach. I've seen sensitivity to "the h-word" before, but come on.
Alright, I have no wish to turn this into "Days of Our Lives". I wasn't holding Alex responsible by himself. JM made a statement and I agreed with him. You have to remember that you can't control the perception of the other guy. You guys may think that it's mostly in fun, but to outsiders it seems really hostile.

No Alex, I haven't made a basketball post in some time. In fact, I typically don't post in the General Mavs Discussion forum. Most times when I feel compelled to reply it's because someone has posted something really provocative and I really don't feel like getting into arguments on someone else's forum. So I say nothing. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that's the impression I've gotten.

I'm not accusing anyone of attacking me personally, I'm just letting you know what this forum looks like from an outside perspective.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #32
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
No Alex, I haven't made a basketball post in some time....I'm not accusing anyone of attacking me personally..
That's interesting....So are you saying that you cannot link even one post where you've attempted to talk basketball without receiving reasonable and civil replies???

let's recall your comments from way back one post ago --

Quote:
...you guys don't encourage basketball talk from fans of other teams. In fact, you make it abundantly clear that you'd rather we say nothing at all. You're not interested in any opinion that doesn't heap accolades upon the Mighty Mavs. You paint us all with your big, troll brush even when we're being civil.
Seriously...show me one post where you were talking basketball in a civil fashion and you weren't treated reasonably, and I'll apologize my ass off.

Cheers
Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

alexamenos to Grammaton Cleric...."BOO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ^

Last edited by MavsX; 04-03-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #34
Xylus

Quote:
alexamenos to Grammaton Cleric...."BOO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ^
I think this is the kind of stuff that Grammaton is talking about. There's a thick xenophobia that runs through this place, making it extremely difficult for fans of other teams to express an unpopular opinion without being bashed for it.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylus
.... making it extremely difficult for fans of other teams to express an unpopular opinion without being bashed for it.
Yes and maybe if a Red Sox fan wears a Red Sox jersey to Yankee stadium, he shouldn't get verbally abused and bashed for that either. That's essentially what you're saying right?

This is sports. Deal with it.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #36
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think this is the kind of stuff that Grammaton is talking about. There's a thick xenophobia that runs through this place, making it extremely difficult for fans of other teams to express an unpopular opinion without being bashed for it.
yeah well then take your ass to your sports teams forum. dick.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 PM   #37
Xylus

Quote:
yeah well then take your ass to your sports teams forum. dick.
Man, your making it easy for me. I don't even to have make the argument anymore, seeing as how you're making it for me.

And no, Flacolaco, this isn't sports. This is online discussion about sports. We're not the one playing the games, we're merely bystanders meant to discuss the results. In the end, our competitiveness as fans on these forums have absolutely no bearing on the games themselves, so why bother being so hostile?

Last edited by Xylus; 04-03-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #38
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man, your making it easy for me. I don't even to have make the argument anymore, seeing as how you're making it for me.

And no, Flacolaco, this isn't sports. This is online discussion about sports. We're not the one playing the games, we're merely bystanders meant to discuss the results. In the end, our competitiveness as fans on these forums have absolutely no bearing on the games themselves, so why bother being so hostile?

The reason everyone is so hostile around here is because... shut up!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Yes and maybe if a Red Sox fan wears a Red Sox jersey to Yankee stadium, he shouldn't get verbally abused and bashed for that either. That's essentially what you're saying right?
Respond to this part. Isn't this the exact same thing as what you said?

"being bashed for an opposing view point?"

How's this any different from what I said in that post?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 AM   #40
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I guess we could just be like spurtsreport and spurtsforum and ban folks. That would do it.

Sounds like you frequent the mary-had-a-little-lamb forum.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote