Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-02-2001, 01:08 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

* The Mavericks, Minnesota and Milwaukee will be featured at 2 p.m. Saturday on NBC's `Backstage with Ahmad Rashad'. The show focuses on whether these three teams can take the next step and be serious playoff contenders.

Did anyone see the NBC special earlier in the year with the Kings?? It was very well done, I can't wait for this one!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2001, 03:21 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Cool, thanks for the heads up Hales. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I missed the Kings one but I saw the one they did last year on them. It was a very good piece.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 11:26 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Just a reminder.

Mavs, Sixers, and(can't remember the other team) will be on BackStage with Ahmad Rashad today(4/7) at 2:00 central. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2001, 11:51 AM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for the heads up!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 11:55 AM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

can anyone tape this for me i'm meeting a buddy at the gym and i dont have a vcr in my dorm room
Old 04-07-2001, 01:19 PM   #6
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

they are doing the Bucks now, did they already do the Mavs? I forgot to turn it on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 01:22 PM   #7
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

Mavericks up next!
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 02:06 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Excelent piece of work. Great job NBC. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2001, 02:10 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that was a pretty cool piece! They focused more on the Big Three and Nellie than on Cuban, which was pretty refreshing.
Old 04-07-2001, 02:11 PM   #10
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Indeed a excellent job..... I know someone else mentioned it yesterday but anyone notice on dallasbasketball.com that Derek Harper thinks the Mavs can win it all this year??? I mean its tough for me to imagine the Mavs getting beating consistently by another team. We've played consistently pretty much all year... never losing more then 4 games straight...I can see us & SA in the western conference finals...A TEXAS THANG
Old 04-07-2001, 02:12 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im hanging my head in shame [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I forgot to watch the special today. I've been reminding myself all week but simply forgot today.

Could someone be so kind as to give a briefing of what they showed/talked about?
Old 04-07-2001, 02:19 PM   #12
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Hales....I've got it for you. Just e-mail me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you on Monday. Great piece of work by NBC!
Old 04-07-2001, 03:26 PM   #13
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Hey Hoover,

Can I get that tape after hales.
Thanks
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 04:27 PM   #14
Hoover

I sure don't have a problem with it. You guys can pass it around as much as you would like. Enjoy it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2001, 04:30 PM   #15
Hoover

You may also want to see if MavsFan want it after you finish.
Old 04-07-2001, 04:41 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"Could someone be so kind as to give a briefing of what they showed/talked about?"

Well it was basically a recap of the last 4-5 years wrapped into 15-18 minutes. Started with Finley's strugles when he first came, to the boo birds directed at Nash his first year. To the drafting of Dirk and his struggle to live up to Don's "rookie of the year" comments. To Mark buying the team and the teams perserverance though Don's cancer. And to there turnaround this year.

They did about a 15-18 minute segment on all 3 teams(Mavs, Bucks, Sixers). And the last 15-20 minutes were entirely about the relationship between Allen Iverson and coach Brown.

Sorry MavsFanFinley, I'm not a very good recapper [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-07-2001, 10:26 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Rob, it's more than I had before [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

YES! I would love to have a look at the tape after whoevers done with it Hoover. Who do I need to talk to?
Old 04-07-2001, 10:36 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

The great thing about the piece was that it focused on the emergence of Dirk and Nash (who had horrible starts), the dedicated/hardworking attitude of Finley, and the importance of Nellie, rather then just spouting off the usual "Cuban saving the franchise" stuff that most media outlets seem to zero in on.
Old 04-07-2001, 10:42 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Good! I love Cuban and what he's done with this franchise but glad they didn't focus the piece around him.

Im still kicking my own a$$ for missing it

Old 04-07-2001, 11:27 PM   #20
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

It always irritates me when people act as if Cuban came in and rebuilt the franchise instead of Nellie, as if he made all the brilliant trading decisions and draft choices that rebuilt the Mavs into a playoff contender...
Old 04-08-2001, 10:18 AM   #21
Hoover

A few of you have asked about the tape of this show, you all are more than welcome to it. Here is who has asked for it so far: Hales, Dallmav, and MavsFan. I'm putting it in the mail in the morning to Hales. If you want it just get with the person before you on the list and have them send it straight to you. Enjoy it!
Old 04-14-2001, 06:40 PM   #22
Hales233
Golden Member

Big props go out to Hoover for sending me the tape. What a great special, I really liked the part where Nellie made fun of Maxwell for not hitting any 3's. That was funny.

Who wants it next?? I think Dallmav is next on the list, if so, send me your address info.

Thanks again Hoover!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]