Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light
Default MAVS HD Schedule - Tons of HD Games

Looks like the Mavs finally stepped it up and a majority of the games this year are in HD, whether it be HDnet, FSN, TXA-21, ESPN, ABC or TNT. All home games not shown nationally will be televised on FSN HD

Preseason has 2 HDnet and 4 TXA-21 HD games. There is a bunch for regular season, so didnt add them all up, you all can read

http://www.nba.com//media/mavericks/Schedule100907-.pdf
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I counted earlier....if you get TXA HD and FSN HD (which I do) there are like 56 games or so in HD! So awesome....
Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

Yeah, this is great! Huge improvement over last year.

It looks like all of the home games are in HD. I guess FSN doesn't want to cart the cameras for all of the road games. I wish it was the other way around, since I get see most of the home games live.

For those of y'all that don't have HD, it's like night and day, the difference between it and standard TV for basketball.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Will these all be in FULL HD?

I have to admit the Full HD is undescribable...but when they claim to broadcast in HD only to have a signal that takes up 2/3 of the screen...that is irritating.

As it is, I am looking forward to catching the HD games!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well I apparently can't get the HDNET broadcasts with FIOS....

But will I get the TXA-21 HD broadcast tonight?

Will my wife get mad at me for DVR'ing a pre-season game in HD while I'm at the Stars game and taking up like 20% of the DVR?

Stay tuned!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Will these all be in FULL HD?

I have to admit the Full HD is undescribable...but when they claim to broadcast in HD only to have a signal that takes up 2/3 of the screen...that is irritating.

As it is, I am looking forward to catching the HD games!!!
Well full HD is 1080P and that can only be seen on HD-DVD's or Blu-Ray DVD's. Television can only broadcast 720p or 1080i which is still a very good HD broadcast, you just cant call it full hd bc it really isnt.

However all the HD games are presented in widescreen and take up the full screen of the tv. You wont be disappointed with a Mavs broadcast on either TXA HD or HDNet
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

he may need to change the aspect on his box. there's usually a button on the remote to change it from pillar box, etc.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #8
fsadallas

fsadallas is on a distinguished road

HDNet is such garbage, I hope you're reading this Mark!
First pre season game was late by 20 mins and then it finally started w/ no sound for the 1st half.
Sound resumed in 3rd qtr only!!!
Are you kidding me?!

fsadallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

uh, that must have been your cable/satellite provider. i had and have no issues with HDNet.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #10
fsadallas

fsadallas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak
uh, that must have been your cable/satellite provider. i had and have no issues with HDNet.
I have DISH Network in Richardson. What do you have?

fsadallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #11
VivaNajera
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsadallas
HDNet is such garbage, I hope you're reading this Mark!
First pre season game was late by 20 mins and then it finally started w/ no sound for the 1st half.
Sound resumed in 3rd qtr only!!!
Are you kidding me?!
ya its not HDNet, it your carrier. I got it fine with Directv
Old 10-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

I have FIOS, and the mavs/spurs were not on HDNet. Locally I think they block the broadcast.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
I have FIOS, and the mavs/spurs were not on HDNet. Locally I think they block the broadcast.
No, it's just FIOS. They don't carry the HDnet "special events" alternate channel or something like that.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
VivaNajera
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
mavs hdnet broadcasts are only available locally not nationally on a special events channel depending on your provider
Old 10-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #15
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I don't get channel 21 in high def with Directv.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #16
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
mavs hdnet broadcasts are only available locally not nationally on a special events channel depending on your provider

i get em down here in south texas.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote