Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future
Default Most Underappreciated TV Show of All Time

Arrested Development... nuff said

How this show got canceled is an absolute crime, and it makes me heart sad. I just purchased all three seasons on Amazon.com for a beautiful price of 40 bucks, and it's easily the funniest show i've ever seen. It's just so cleverly written, and acted. I love the amount of sarcasm in the show. It's one of those shows that should of had a lengthy run, but often it seems, the best are rarely noticed until too late.

If none of you ladies or gentleman have ever seen the show, I really, really recommend it. Unfortunately the show isn't aired anymore other than on G4TV but those are very few and far between. IF you enjoy sitcoms like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, then you'll love this show, and it's one in which you won't forget for a long, long time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367279/
Old 03-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Studio 60
Sportsnight

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Arrested Development hands down. The ending was abrupt and broke my heart because there was so much good material there. It got a little too silly at times but the concept and the amount of talent was amazing. I'm just really sad that they didnt/couldnt bring Liza back.

Supposed to be a movie or something eventually, although George Michael and Maeby are getting older and less delightfully awkward.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
Arrested Development... nuff said

How this show got canceled is an absolute crime, and it makes me heart sad. I just purchased all three seasons on Amazon.com for a beautiful price of 40 bucks, and it's easily the funniest show i've ever seen. It's just so cleverly written, and acted. I love the amount of sarcasm in the show. It's one of those shows that should of had a lengthy run, but often it seems, the best are rarely noticed until too late.
I purchased all three as well on eBay for about the same price. It is my favorite show of all time also. Gob, Buster, and Tobias' characters make me laugh with every line. Even the Narrator cracks me up. I wish another show like that would come around but I don't think its possible to match what Arrested Development had.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Show
Mr. Show
Mr. Show
Mr. Show
Mr. Show

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Manimal
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

nvm

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 03-23-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Greatest show currently airing: John Adams

Old 03-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

in the vein of great shows that should not have been cancelled...Freaks and Geeks.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

underdog,

awesome.

Big fan of AD, Freaks and Geeks, Sports Night, etc.

The Wire was the best show to ever air on television, and the fact that it's never won an Emmy is a travesty.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Just popped in another good rec for this thread, although maybe it doesn't count because it's a miniseries, but I'll throw out Band of Brothers.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Band of Brothers is, without question, the best thing I've ever seen that was made for television.

Without question.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #13
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Really? Ya know, i've never seen Band of Brothers before. No rhyme or reason why, but I haven't, i'm gonna have to get the DVD set.

I think Oz was a really awesome show as well. Talk about drama, every episode was ridiculously intense. The feud between Schilinger and Beecher was was unbelievable.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I third that. I bought it on recommendation without ever seeing an episode, and I don't regret it one bit.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #15
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Arrested Development hands down. The ending was abrupt and broke my heart because there was so much good material there. It got a little too silly at times but the concept and the amount of talent was amazing. I'm just really sad that they didnt/couldnt bring Liza back.

Supposed to be a movie or something eventually, although George Michael and Maeby are getting older and less delightfully awkward.
I heard about the movie, and I really hope it's true. If nothing else, a movie would just bring the whole series some closure.

Also, you're right about Maeby. But I was watching a couple Michael Cera interviews the other day. Talk about an awkward person in general. In every role he plays he always displays the same mannerisms, whether it be Juno, AD, Superbad, etc. Well the apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree. He's one of those guys that doesn't mean to be funny, but just the way he acts around people, it's so awkward, yet... hilarious.

And Maeby is a bit of a hottie now. Just thought id add that little detail.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

1. Band Of Brothers

.distant
2. Lonesome Dove (1989)
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of B.o.B....Can anyone watch the final minutes w/o balling like a little baby? I have watched the whole thing through at least 20 times.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #18
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaLpUoLc-E

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 03-23-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

As an added bonus, the video transfer of Band of Brothers to DVD is one of the best I've ever seen. I could probably pass it as HD to someone who doesn't know better, it's stunning.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Band of Brothers in HDDVD is even better.

They've only been released in Japan. I bought the first one and am waiting for them to drop way down in price before getting the rest.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 03-23-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #21
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Any word on if Band of Brothers is going to make the transition to BluRay anytime soon?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Band of Brothers???? Really?? That show might top a list of rightfully awesomely appreciated shows. But a list of underappreaciated shows? Not a chance. You can't get through a conversation about tv without someone talking about how great that show is. It's great. But everyone appreciates it.

now, manimal . . . that's another story. Manimal should still be running. We should be on the 5th or 6th manimal movie.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #23
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

anyone heard about a Pacific-based Band of Brothers coming out soon?
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I dunno, I talk to a whole lot of people that have never seen Band of Brothers.

And yes, "The Pacific" is supposed to come out next year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #25
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

sweet..