Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-23-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official Draft Day Thread

Simeon Rice to the Cowboy's?

This move strikes me as confirmation that Parcells is on is last leg...not sure how I feel about bringing in a 31 year old pass rusher...we better be ready to win now.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Official Draft Day Thread

not so hot about it...bring in Howard...younger and better run support.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd a damn sight lot rather have a proven stud like Simeon Rice than I would a bust like Carver or Ekuban.

Dirno, I think we ARE ready to win now. You can turn things around awfully quickly in this league, and our offseason moves thus far have been brilliant. We're about one defensive stud and one receiver threat away from 11-5.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Smith at #1....no surprises so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Mickey and Norm are arguing about it now...I'm with Mickey, I don't think I'd do it. A speed rusher over 30 that can't play the run.

Chum, I agree that you can turn it around quickly, but when we do I'd like to have a little staying power. I don't want to load up for a big run and suddenly be in cap hell if we don't win the big one.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Default RE:Official Draft Day Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Smith at #1....no surprises so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Graduated in two years and scored a 40 on the Wunderlich (2nd in the draft)...doesn't hurt to have a smart player at that position.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Graduated in two years and scored a 40 on the Wunderlich (2nd in the draft)...doesn't hurt to have a smart player at that position.
second hightest score behind the QB from Harvard

Old 04-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

So, who do the Fish take???? Brown or Edwards???

Old 04-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

Ronnie Brown...what do yall think of this kid???

The Ticket boys are thinking that Mike Williams may go at #5....to the Bucs

Old 04-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Brown is a specimen...he's been impressive every time I'vs seen him. I guess the only question is can he carry the load because he's never had to do that at Auburn.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Goose won't allow that to happen...
Old 04-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #12
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:

This move strikes me as confirmation that Parcells is on is last leg...not sure how I feel about bringing in a 31 year old pass rusher...we better be ready to win now.
Did this actually happen? I just woke up, and haven't seen anything. What are the details?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just a rumor, Chaff. Just a rumor. Probably unfounded, at that.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Quote:

Did this actually happen? I just woke up, and haven't seen anything. What are the details?
Just a rumor...poor wording on my part

Old 04-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
Goose won't allow that to happen...
freakin genius

NO CHUM...ITS JUST SPEC AND RUMOR

Old 04-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
okay, I was a little confused by whether it had actually happened or not. Being hungover doesn't really help much.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:00 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Did anyone see the commercial for Madden NFL Next-Gen? Man...that looks sssssssswwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt. I usually wait a year or so for prices to come down on new consoles. I might just have to buy the XBOX 360 as soon as it comes out.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

get this crap outta here OA...were talking draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
okay, I was a little confused by whether it had actually happened or not. Being hungover doesn't really help much.
No cards last night?

Old 04-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #20
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Brown carried the load in 2002. started after the 5th game, and then picked up over 1,000 yards in the remaining 7 games...had every carry from the time he entered as a starter
Old 04-23-2005, 12:11 PM   #21
endtroducing
Golden Member

Benson is crying. I laugh.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

stuff starts happening now.....

Old 04-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #23
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No cards last night?
Played cards all day yesterday before i started drinking. Had a horrible run. KK cracked by J6 and the like. That combined with finals coming up means i might have to take some time off.

*Thread hijack over*

Old 04-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Great pick by the Bears!!!

Perfect back for the black and blue division...
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Great pick by the Bears!!!

Perfect back for the black and blue division...
totally agree....he'll look good with the C on his helmet!

Old 04-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #26
endtroducing
Golden Member

did Benson not have a media coach or something? that interview was awful
Old 04-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

don't hate the emotion, endtro, the kid has just become a millionarie!

Old 04-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
did Benson not have a media coach or something? that interview was awful
It's called emotion...what's up your ass...mad because Cadalliac is still on the board?

Old 04-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

Does Cadillac now have to waste away in the desert?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #30
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Benson just seemed bitter...like a guy who had always had everything his way wasn't getting his way.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

no, I think the Caddy goes to the Bucs

Old 04-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Cadalliac goes to Tampa...Goose smirks...
Old 04-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

now does Merriman go the Arizona at #8?

Old 04-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

How far does Rodgers freefall?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

does Rolle at #6?

Old 04-23-2005, 12:29 PM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I hope they take aQB...they need one.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
I hope they take aQB...they need one.
Goose said repeatedly that Rogers is a top 10 talent....lets hope the Cards agree.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:39 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

finally Mrs. Pac Man has some spending money....I did not have Jones ahead of Rolle.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:39 PM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Pac Man over Rolle...interesting
Old 04-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #40
endtroducing
Golden Member

I think Rodgers is going to Arizona...so far I'm 6 for 6 on predictions...Pac-Man is going to be such a good player, imo

as far as Benson and Carnell, I was glad Chicago picked Benson. Benson is the perfect guy for Bears football, and that's why I had him in Chicago in my mock...Carnell doesn't go with that style of play at all