Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
??? they have the birth certificate, they provided it for all to see, so it's a question of what else you need....

it's a birth certificate from the state of hawaii establishing that he was born there, so a) he is the child of a us citizen. b) born on us soil.

just what other "legal proof" do you seek? it's enough!

for one, berg is a hillary clinton supporter who (my take) is misguided in his efforts to remove obama from the ballot in hope that hillary would become the nominee.

the fact that he is not a republican does not mean that the lawsuit isn't frivilous, and the fact that he is a democrat doen't give the lawsuit any stronger foundation.

obama has furnished a birth certificate provided by the state of hawaii. the "original" could not exist (do you know where your original bc is? I don't know where my original bc is...) and for all intent and purposes the state has validated his birth in hawaii.

for most of us, that step was taken when the state issued birth certificate wasvalidated as genuine and shown here .

he's provided what is relevant, and stuff such as skull and bones is irrelevant. who cares?

the whole issue of delving into the college "associations" is the red herring...
Okay, now your transformation IS complete. Much like Alan Colmes, you completely ignored what I said and just repeated yourself.

BTW, you'll have to pardon me if I don't want to trust FactCheck.Org on this one, either. I don't find them to be "non-partisan" at all, and I found their article on the subject very unconvincing.

The lawsuit will ultimately be dismissed, because Berg doesn't have standing to bring the case. But that doesn't make the question he is raising illegitimate. In fact, this is a question of legitimacy, and it is one that has yet to be answered.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Okay, now your transformation IS complete. Much like Alan Colmes, you completely ignored what I said and just repeated yourself.

BTW, you'll have to pardon me if I don't want to trust FactCheck.Org on this one, either. I don't find them to be "non-partisan" at all, and I found their article on the subject very unconvincing.

The lawsuit will ultimately be dismissed, because Berg doesn't have standing to bring the case. But that doesn't make the question he is raising illegitimate. In fact, this is a question of legitimacy, and it is one that has yet to be answered.
yes, repeating oneself is done when the party who is supposed to be listening seems deaf.

your continued attacks on every source that you disagree with is getting old and redundant. you dismiss factchek.org in a flippant comment with no basis of support.

as for "legitimate", here is what they say:

"We can assure readers that the certificate does bear a raised seal, and that it's stamped on the back by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T. Onaka (who uses a signature stamp rather than signing individual birth certificates). We even brought home a few photographs"

clearly "certified" in my book.

now, continue with your bashing of the messenger...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
yes, repeating oneself is done when the party who is supposed to be listening seems deaf.

your continued attacks on every source that you disagree with is getting old and redundant. you dismiss factchek.org in a flippant comment with no basis of support.

as for "legitimate", here is what they say:

"We can assure readers that the certificate does bear a raised seal, and that it's stamped on the back by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T. Onaka (who uses a signature stamp rather than signing individual birth certificates). We even brought home a few photographs"

clearly "certified" in my book.

now, continue with your bashing of the messenger...
I've read back over the FactCheck.org article. What they describe does appear to be a certified, short-form birth certificate. So here are my questions:

1. Why hasn't the birth certificate been produced to (or requested by) the MSM? If FactCheck.org can arrange to inspect it, why not produce it for everybody to see?
2. Rather than fighting Berg's lawsuit on procedural grounds (asserting that he doesn't have standing), why doesn't Obama simply produce the birth certificate to the Court?