Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #81
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
This is stupid. It doesn't mean anything on the democratic side to say that anybody "won" any state, right?

The delegates get split up. Sure she won texas. But if she wins by a 51% to 48% margin, how many delegates did she gain on him?

I hope they end up dead even and have to run this into the ground all the way into the summer.

And by the way, (mind you I hope they both suffer tragic memory loss and go away quietely forever) how in the HELL did she win????? I heard about a million Obama ads over the last few weeks, and never heard a single Clinton ad, ever. I only heard about him...tv...radio...internet. I guess she doesn't even need more campaign money. Did people realize they were voting for a woman? Or was this the republicans doing Limbaugh's bidding, voting for her to drag the race out?
Well, my roommate, who comes from a family full of staunch republicans, says his parents got about 10 friends to vote Clinton to drag out the nomination process. So maybe the Limbaugh thing has some validity.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 03-05-2008 at 01:44 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 AM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Dang it. Obama can't do anything right. He can't even win texas with all of the republicans voting for him.
Actually, the Republicans are voting for Clinton. She's the one that is perceived as "easy" to beat in the general election.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Texas apportions the delegates based on percent of the vote in both the primary and the caucus, so she will get delegates no matter what.
Of course she will get delegates. What I said was that I doubt she will win delegates in Texas, meaning that I doubt she will gain more than Obama does. It is now very late into the night, and I still stand behind that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Well, my roommate, who comes from a family full of staunch republicans, says his parents got about 10 friends to vote Clinton to drag out the nomination process. So maybe the Limbaugh thing has some validity.
I think limbaugh is dead-wrong here. And there was quite a push for killing hillary now. I now my bud and I voted obama.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #85
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

maybe in collin county, but elsewhere I don't think the limbaugh thing has any merit -- hispanics, who make up a pretty good portion of voters in texas, make southern white republicans look like a bunch of flower toting multi-culturists when it comes to views on the black folks. hence it's no surprise at all to me that hillary edged obama in Texas...

i'm trying to warn you dudes -- lay off the "it's over for hillary" stuff until the beast is dead and buried....think mavs-heat, game 3 up by 13.....it ain't over 'til it's over.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #86
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is stupid. It doesn't mean anything on the democratic side to say that anybody "won" any state, right?

The delegates get split up. Sure she won texas. But if she wins by a 51% to 48% margin, how many delegates did she gain on him?

I hope they end up dead even and have to run this into the ground all the way into the summer.

And by the way, (mind you I hope they both suffer tragic memory loss and go away quietely forever) how in the HELL did she win????? I heard about a million Obama ads over the last few weeks, and never heard a single Clinton ad, ever. I only heard about him...tv...radio...internet. I guess she doesn't even need more campaign money. Did people realize they were voting for a woman? Or was this the republicans doing Limbaugh's bidding, voting for her to drag the race out?
wow, you didn't see the clinton "3 AM phone call" ad? it's a classic now.

it was pretty funny to have the ads for obama and hillary run back to back. you gotta believe the campaigns were watching and saying to themselves "why?".

it isn't over, and it's far from over...can you believe it is over a month until the next big state primary? this will likely go until the convention until it is decided, unless there is some agreement between them to run together (can you imagine that converstion of who gets the oval office? forgettaboutit! won't happen)

the exit polls were very interesting in they show obama getting the independent republican voter who crossed over to vote democratic by 2:1....hillary won texas and ohio because 1) the rank and file dem voter overwhelmingy voted for her rather than obama, and 2) the hispanic vote turned out, offsetting the huge 9:1 advantage for obama in african american vote.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #87
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Of course she will get delegates. What I said was that I doubt she will win delegates in Texas, meaning that I doubt she will gain more than Obama does. It is now very late into the night, and I still stand behind that.
Ah, well, your choice of words was confusing.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-05-2008 at 11:39 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #88
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
Actually I finally did see that one just once the other night. It was funny because I wasn't facing the television, but I was listening to it. I was thinking "surely this is a McCain ad"...I mean come on..."protecting the country" and all of that.

And then they got the end....and I about fell out of my chair. Hilarious.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #89
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually I finally did see that one just once the other night. It was funny because I wasn't facing the television, but I was listening to it. I was thinking "surely this is a McCain ad"...I mean come on..."protecting the country" and all of that.

And then they got the end....and I about fell out of my chair. Hilarious.
That ad totally didn't speak to me about anything. Can't believe it was actually effective, if in fact it was.

"It's 3AM. Do you know where your 8 year-old child is?"
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #90
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Can we talk about how Avery stinks as a coach...I can't get enough of that....

A month to the next major primary is eternity...It appears the momentum is shifting back to Clinton...I think the Clinton experience factor, Obama's wife opening mouth, a little more moderate on the war front, is going to bring the democratic fold back in towards her. I fully expect a Clinton/Obama ticket no matter how brutal the primaries are between now an the convention. The battle right now is strickly for who is going to be on the top of the ticket - Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton....Either way, Hillary wins...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #91
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
some mccain supporter made a good point. if the phone called at 3AM with John's wife answering... she'd sure as hell know where her husband was.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #92
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Hillary steals Ohio & Texas? Is Karl Rove working for her now???
Hillary did not steal anything. Bush and this adm promised Ohio the moon. He completely bankrupted Ohio. What was bad, he and his adm put a huge dent in Ohio his first term and they had the nerve to believe him again. The second go around, they have ruined Ohio. They know what a great life they had under a man named Bill Clinton, when they all had jobs, when they made good money, had insurance, was getting pay raises and had their own businesses. They did not have to go to China or Mexico to get a job or they did not have to go to Iraq or Tx to go get a job at Halliburton. McCain is ruined because of W and this adm. It is not all McCain's fault but the adm as a whole and states like Ohio will not trust a Republican with a 10 foot pole.

Oh was very heavy for Hillary and even Tx was suppoting Hillary but as Obama rolled, everyone wants a winner and many switched for Obama. He also is raising money like W and this adm is pumping gas prices thru the roof. Obama is simply amazing raising money. Hillary isn't doing to bad either. 40 or 50 million in Feb, Hillary 35 million and 4 millon in the last 3 days to McCain's 14 or 15 million in Feb. Obama had a lead with one day to go and for the Republicans votting for him(Tx). He spend almost 3 or 4 times the money Hillary spent in Oh and Tx. This was his knockout punch and the race was over.

It did not happen. The Democrats are going to beat a Libberman McCain. No matter if it is Obama or Hillary. If you ask most Republicans in this forum from Tx who they voted for, they will tell you Obama. Why? They fear the Clintons like no other person on earth because of yet they haven't beat them. The other reason, she is a woman. This doesn't matter as Hillary or Obama will beat McCain and either will be good for this country. Even though Obama is a huge liberal he will be good. So Hillary did not steal anything. Latinos have been also promised alot by this adm and they did nothing and now bascially say we don't need your vote. They are turning out for Hillary. For a sure victory, Obama needed either Tx or Oh to knock her out and this is why. His best shot was Tx and where Republicans would vote for him.

Florida and Michigan is going to count. From trying to split the party and get elected on super dels, they are trying to get this settled before it goes to the super dels in the convention because then it is going to be a knock down drag out. Someone is going to be upset and many voters upset and it could split the Dem party, like the Reps are split now. They might try to mend things by making it a Dem ticket of the two.

Fl, Hillary is going to win this, even if they do it over. This will be an easy win for her. She will win 60-40 or 55-45 or anything in between. Republicans have to sign up now for Dem to vote for the Dems in Pa soon. So bascially you are not going to have Republicans votting or Independents. She will win Pa and i am guessing by about 10% to 20%(like Fl). Mich, this will be close between the two. If Mi and Fl was give to Hillary now, like it is she would be up on Obama by about 35 dels. This i do not think will happen in Mi because his name wasn't on the ballot. He will get more in Mi and maybe beat her but be close but in Fl, if they run it again, she will probably beat him worse.

Obama is going to start sweeping and winning Wy, Ms, Nc and others as where Hillary will win In, Ky, Pa, and maybe Wv. This is to close to call. If Obama picked up a few more dels than her Tuesday, she is trying to lock him out. To keep him from going over the finish line. She did that and he has had the same stradegy also and ride the wave and he has done good at it. Some places i feel that are very important now are Mich, Pureto Rico, Virgin Islands, NC and WV. Both need to not lose by much in Mich and keep it close. She needs to stay close in NC and not let him beat her real bad there.

I'm afraid my worst fears might happen and yes it will help McCain but i am not sure he could win off it. The super dels pick the Dem at the convention and split the party. This is what Reps should wish for and it could happen. McCain is just not a person the Reps, Dems are very excitted over.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #93
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa
Can we talk about how Avery stinks as a coach...I can't get enough of that....

A month to the next major primary is eternity...It appears the momentum is shifting back to Clinton...I think the Clinton experience factor, Obama's wife opening mouth, a little more moderate on the war front, is going to bring the democratic fold back in towards her. I fully expect a Clinton/Obama ticket no matter how brutal the primaries are between now an the convention. The battle right now is strickly for who is going to be on the top of the ticket - Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton....Either way, Hillary wins...
No way in hell would Obama take Clinton as a running mate if he were to win the nomination. Too many people hate her. Why would he put that albatross around his neck? If Obama wins he'll find himself someone quiet and non-threatening and sleep easy knowing that the number of McCain-hating conservative republicans who won't have a reason to get fired up to get out and vote against Hillary will GREATLY outnumber the number of Hillary supporters who can't find it within themselves to vote for Obama.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #94
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
No way in hell would Obama take Clinton as a running mate if he were to win the nomination. Too many people hate her. Why would he put that albatross around his neck? If Obama wins he'll find himself someone quiet and non-threatening and sleep easy knowing that the number of McCain-hating conservative republicans who won't have a reason to get fired up to get out and vote against Hillary will GREATLY outnumber the number of Hillary supporters who can't find it within themselves to vote for Obama.
Indeed. Most Hillary supporters will be okay voting for Obama. There are a lot of Obama supporters who would not be comfortable voting for Clinton (myself included, but she's the lesser of two evils when compared to McCain).
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #95
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Five Options For FL & Mi

1. The Heck With Them Option: Michigan and Florida broke the rules and should suffer. If they are not made to pay for moving up their contests, 2012 will be even more chaotic than 2008. Strip Michigan and Florida of their delegates, and let the chips fall where they may.

This i feel won't happen because they need to settle this as much as they can before the convention. Hillary beats McCain in Fl pretty easy and McCain beats Obama in Fl pretty easy. The Democrats know they can't fool around anymore with this state and the voters and give McCain an edge he already has over Obama. Fl is important but it is not the only way Obama has to win over McCain. Fl is important so these votes will count.

2. Can’t we all just get along? Let’s seat Michigan and Florida the way the voters voted, and if this helps Clinton, that’s the way the nomination crumbles. The major problem with this, however, is that neither primary was exactly normal. Clinton was the only person on the Michigan ballot, and all the candidates agreed not to campaign in Florida.

This could happen in Fl but won't in Mi. So Mi won't happen this way and i doubt Fl does but it is a possibility.

3. Give 50 percent of the delegates to Obama and 50 percent to Clinton. At least this way, the voters of Michigan and Florida will not be insulted and will not punish the Democratic nominee in November.

This is a cop out and won't happen either, atleast i don't think so and the voters feel ripped off.

4. Do it over. Hold new contests. Maybe a caucus in Michigan and a primary in Florida. (Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, a Republican, has said he would support a do over in his state.) This option seems to be gaining in popularity within the party. The new contests could be held on the first Tuesday in June, along with Montana’s and South Dakota’s. Sure, this would cost millions, but nobody ever said democracy was cheap.

I feel this will happen, a do over. What is another cool 25 million per contest? Our gov officials have money to toss around like betting on the super bowl. Not just Republicans but Democrats also. 25 to 100 mil here and 100 mil there, no probs. Hey, let's hit up Chains on an oil well, and say thank you Chains, i'll return the favor on a vote down the line somewhere. Just another day in politics. Both parties.

5. Maybe Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean will be able to negotiate a settlement between Obama and Clinton.

This won't happen as Hillary and Obama want the top spot. Can you blame either? I don't as it has been a great hard fought battle by both and both have the right to say i want the top spot. If they keep going on and then one wins, if they unite, then this could also hurt McCain some as the money keeps flowing to the Democrats as McCain keeps having tv promos with Bush and Chains as W tap dances for the cameras. This won't help McCain. If the Democrats do not unite at the end, this helps McCain.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #96
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

As far as the dream ticket. If Obama wins, Hillary won't be the vice. Obama is going to win alot of Republican votes. He wins the young people votes. The older generation, he falls off on but he wins the Dems, some Reps, alot of Indeps and alot of young people turn out like never before. The Reps won't vote for him with Hillary on it.

If Hillary wins, it very well could be Obama on the ticket. The risk could be, she lose some latino votes. I think this adm has pissed off the latinos so much, this probably won't matter and she will get them regardless. The Democrats and new voters are signing up like never before and with Obama on the ticket, she gets all the new voters and the base with him. The Reps might stay home and just not vote.

The last thing, is Dean is going to talk to both about will one step back and let the other be top dog and let the other be vice? Both will say no because both feel they can be top dog and win it outright with the super dels. So in short, i don't think Hillary will be Obama's vice. He does have a shot at being her vice and a very good chance.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #97
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses."
- H.L. Mencken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dqsNrmXgP0
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #98
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses."
- H.L. Mencken
mencken had a way with words....

"...before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide...then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

"The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men....On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-17-2008 at 04:35 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #99
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
mencken had a way with words....

"...before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide...then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

"The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men....On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
I love that one, too. It amazes me how, every four years or so, we drag the corpse that is "free choice" out into the open and attempt to reanimate it.

I have more bad news ...

Politics is the toy the plutocratic elite hand to those with head injuries so extreme that they think they have a choice in who governs them, the tooth fairy isn't real, and bunnies don't lay eggs...

to love and self deception,

your friend ribosoma
Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #100
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Chuchululu may claim to be the to be more evil, but he cannot stop Broodax's viral campaign.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 03-17-2008 at 07:53 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #101
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Chuchululu may claim to be the to be more evil, but he cannot stop Broodax's viral campaign.

Oh no!!! Apparently it is over! My favorite Lovecraftian archetypal god drank a few too many pints...

I really felt that he was electable. He was all about playing to our base desires and unleashing chaos upon the masses... so sad...

I am worried that Broodax is "weak on terror", I mean, outside of the Western state-sponsored variety... you know, those dangerous people who question things... people who don't think they need protection from the guys who bring about what they are protecting us from... so they can protect us... you know... people capable of critical thought who don't need authority figures to wipe their a$$?

That's why I might have to go with McCainarybama. I just don't want the burden of having to think... Rock da vote, playa! OH, and before I forget, get your customized political grillz and rimz at www.iamagoodworkerbee.com

Last edited by ribosoma; 03-18-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #102
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
I love that one, too. It amazes me how, every four years or so, we drag the corpse that is "free choice" out into the open and attempt to reanimate it.
yah....

I was begining to think Osama would be a dutiful beholden servant of the people (the real people, not we peons) and therefore a real possibility for the dem nom. But it looks to me that he has had his fun, and that he's being put back into his place. Seems the choice between Artillery Hill and Mad Mc was destined to be.

I wouldn't have thought we could have less of a choice than that last round of buffoonery, when it came down to the skull-n-boner on the left or the skull-n-boner on the right, but my my......
Old 03-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #103
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow... he's a lot shorter than I expected. (that's what she said.)

Quote:
I am worried that Broodax is "weak on terror", I mean, outside of the Western state-sponsored variety...
There is no need to worry. Broodax has historically seemed neutral on terror, but it is just a facade to catch the terrorists unawares. Broodax has always voted in favor of invading, no matter the target.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #104
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I take it you believe that McCain will come closer than twenty, if not win outright. Correct? That's cool. If so, what do you base it on?

I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where McCain even makes a dent in the Obama groundswell.
I was trying to find out bet. Right now I believe that McCain is within a percentage point or so of Obamaman
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I'll take that bet. Twenty says that Texas goes Democrat in November.
Le' bump.

Since "hopefully" obamaman is about to wrap up the dem nomination tommorrow and he doesn't quite seem to be leading by 20points...nor is the beating the pants-suit off of clinton, I thought I'd bump this.

20 bucks can buy me a beer and a couple of dogs at the arena!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #106
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't forgotten about our bet. I still like it. Obviously, there is a lot of water yet to pass under the bridge, but it's Obama's election to lose right now. I still see the Obama (Democratic party) groundswell that flips Texas from red to blue...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I still see the Obama (Democratic party) groundswell that flips Texas from red to blue...
That will be a cold day in hell my friend!

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-03-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I think was the day the hammer dropped. I think the race now belongs to Obama.

And I'm not just talking about the race for the nomination. I'm talking about the whole thing. What an interesting juxtaposition when CNN cut from Obama's speech to McCain's. If you were watching, you saw everything you need to know. Obama will absolutely destroy McCain in the general.

You can't beat Obama by saying that what he offers amounts to only "platitudes." You can't beat the surge of energy he is building by denigrating it.
We have already seen how prescient I was. McCain has abandoned the strategy of trying to quell the Obama enthusiasm by painting it as naive. He won't try to run that trick out there anymore. He knows it's a losing battle for him.

Quote:
And Obama, for his part, realizes the score. He didn't talk much about Hillary tonight. He talked a lot about McCain, though. Many people said that the Republicans would benefit from having a clear winner early on. It certainly doesn't seem so. The Republican race is over, and now Republicans have to face that sober moment when they realize that McCain is actually their man in the general. And there is no way for McCain to go up from here. He's only going to get less energetic as it goes along.
Watch this unplay in the weeks to follow. It's been hiding unmolested for quite a while now, but it's getting ready to be front and center.

Quote:
Obama, on the other hand, is still in a fight and will continue to be so for quite some time. America loves a fighter. McCain will get to play second fiddle for the next month or two, while Obama brings more and more people into the fold.

As for Hillary...the witch may not be dead yet, but March 4th just may see her final throes.
I misread the depths of Hillary's thirst for power, so this point I missed a bit. But still and all, it's a minor thing. All of the foregoing won't mean a whole lot when the general campaign hits full bore. And McCain has very few, if any, good strategic places to hit Obama.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #109
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
That will be a cold day in hell my friend!
Are you trying to lose twenty bucks, too?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #110
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

What an awful choice the Repubs have to vote for, and old senator who is basically a blue dog democrat. We might as well vote for a younger liberal democrat.

Only thing Obama has going against him is he closely associated with people you hate their own country. If he can get rid of these anchor weight he will win.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #111
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Awful lot of reports flying around today about what Hillary may or may not say tonight afterwards, and no activity in the political forum?

Come on people, I don't have tv at work. I need your political commentary.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #112
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hillary will concede that Obama has won the delegate race. But it looks like for some reason she may not concede the race. Does that even make sense?

(This post brought to you by Instawares. For all of your Concession equipment needs!)
Old 06-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #113
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Hillary will concede that Obama has won the delegate race. But it looks like for some reason she may not concede the race. Does that even make sense?
I really don't put anything beneath Hillary and Bill, so my opinions on "why is she still running" are not very socially acceptable. But they are my honest belief.

As I see it, Hillary is still running because she is holding out for the possibility of an assassination of the "first serious black candidate." She even alluded to the possibility not due to some clumsy mistake in wording, but rather in hopes of inciting some loon to kill Obama. Yes she apologized and backed way away quickly when the inevitable backlash hit for her "poor choice of words," but she had planted the seed. (Think about it - is ANYTHING she says going to be that poorly considered? Never.) If she is still competing and something happens, at that point she'll have all her delegates, plus the SDs have nowhere else to go.

Alternately (and more tolerably), perhaps she is hoping for some major revelation about Obama, such as he sleeps with goats, he is BFF or pen pal to Bin Laden, or whatever, that will suddenly come out before the convention and swing the SDs to her. He is still very much an unknown, and this works a bit in her favor. Once she drops out, she forfeits her claim as The Only Other Candidate Still Running in the event her team of researchers (and you know she must have them) can find a smoking gun somewhere.

In addition, if I am Obama, I select anyone BUT Hillary as a running mate, for the same reason. I just wouldn't put anything past the Clintonistas, in their desire to get Hillary into power, and if she is next in line, that incenitvizes for them an assassination or "digging up dirt to force a resignation."

Last edited by DLord; 06-03-2008 at 03:11 PM.
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #114
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

She is a loon. No doubt. I thought we were, for the most part, done with racism in this country (at least publicly).... until I saw a news piece on the West Virginia Democratic primaries where they interviewed a bunch of the West Virginians on who they were voting for and why. Boy was I wrong.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #115
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hillary sees some advantage (maybe not in this race, but some benefit nonetheless) in making the superdelegates declare their preference. She seems to want them to go on the record. Maybe she is making a list of loyalists. Maybe she wants to have her "enemies' in clear sight. I don't know but it seems important to her to have them actually declare rather than her withdrawing and letting them off the hook.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #116
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

I agree Obama better watch his back. Political assassination is definitely not beneath the Clintons....

Here's one man's opinion on what Hillary should do, from the NY Post.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06032008...ion_113777.htm

I would be surprised if Obama goes for it, but stranger things have happened.
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #117
dude1394
Guru

She's certainly holding out in the hope that Obama implodes and she can take it.

Also she needs to keep raising money to pay off her debts. If she quits, she can't continue to collect dollars for her campaign from what I understand.

And lastly she wants to barter for a seat at the table, vp or something else.

good god, how horrible could it get, it may be my worst nightmare.
Obama- most liberal candidate in 20 years, whitey-hating lightweight
Clinton - most unscrupulus beeyatch ever imagined.
Bubba- running amok, wagging his boney finger at us for 4 years.

Here's hoping Obama has the sense to put her out of her misery (and the US out of having to see clintons ever again).
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #118
chumdawg
Guru

Watching the McCain speech tonight. Wow, the dude looks stiff, and awkward...and his messages aren't packing much punch. I don't think this is going well...
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #119
chumdawg
Guru

Hillary, by contrast, is giving a phenomenal speech right now. If she had brought this sort of stuff from the beginning, she wouldn't be conceding right now. Very, very interesting.

This campaign has been a huge learning experience for her. She's ten times more capable now than she was in the beginning. It's intriguing to consider her motivation right now. If Obama loses, she's certainly the nominee in '12, and it's easy to believe she would be the favorite. Then again, she's formidable as a VP for Obama to consider. If she runs with him and they win, can she look all the way forward to '16, when the presidency should be hers? Very, very interesting...
Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #120
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg back with the real-time commentary. Wow, that was a tour-de-force from Hillary tonight. I'd like to know who wrote that speech. It had perfect pitch. The delivery, it was almost as good. I just can't get over how different she is now from what she was in the beginning. I know it's always easier to play the underdog role, and even easier still to let it all hang out when you have literally nothing to lose...but wow. This was, by a large margin, her best night of the campaign.