Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough
Default Mr. Shaq Attack2, it's that time again...

I believe that the Spurs/Lakers matchup is currently the hottest rivalry in the NBA, and I'm sure that this upcoming second round will live up to the billing. Here's hoping that ALL players are (and stay) healthy, and the refs decide to not be visible in this series.

Good luck to you, and as always, may the best team win. Personally, I'll take the Spurs in 6 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mr. Shaq Attack2, it's that time again...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Spurs Fan
I believe that the Spurs/Lakers matchup is currently the hottest rivalry in the NBA, and I'm sure that this upcoming second round will live up to the billing. Here's hoping that ALL players are (and stay) healthy, and the refs decide to not be visible in this series.

Good luck to you, and as always, may the best team win. Personally, I'll take the Spurs in 6 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
There is ONLY one REAL rivalry in the current NBA. The rest are just teams that lost the Lakers or Spurs. Only the Lakers can claim to have beaten the Spurs, sorry Pheonix no Spurs without TD, and only the Spurs can claim to have beaten the Lakers. To the pretenders, take it from Bill Russel, when asked about the Lakers/Celtics rivalry he said: "what rivalry, they never beat us".

The NBA championship will be decided in this series. Good luck, you'll need it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

My apologies, WoW, I forgot to include you in the heading. I've personally enjoyed reading yours and SA2's takes in here, but naturally don't agree with all of them. That being said, I can not WAIT until Sunday....

And as for the luck you offerred, I'll certainly take it. Can't hurt (I don't think). Hopefully, my Spurs won't need it, but I'll keep it just in case.

Once again, here's hoping for a very hard fought battle, in which all players stay healthy, and the best team is the one left standing at the end. Gawd, I just love these two teams going at it....

Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:27 PM   #4
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Spurs Fan
My apologies, WoW, I forgot to include you in the heading. I've personally enjoyed reading yours and SA2's takes in here, but naturally don't agree with all of them. That being said, I can not WAIT until Sunday....

And as for the luck you offerred, I'll certainly take it. Can't hurt (I don't think). Hopefully, my Spurs won't need it, but I'll keep it just in case.

Once again, here's hoping for a very hard fought battle, in which all players stay healthy, and the best team is the one left standing at the end. Gawd, I just love these two teams going at it....

Too bad this can't be the finals or at least the WC finals.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote