Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Official GDT/Game Two Of The 2009 NBA Playoffs/Mavericks vs Spurs (8:30 CT)

The chant began in the upper reaches of the AT&T Center, bouncing around the building before swelling to a crescendo. If the Spurs needed a sign as to how badly the final quarter of their first game of the postseason had gone, this was as stark as it got:

“Let's Go Mavs!”

LINK

Could we possible walk in and take the first two games of our series with the Spurs? I say we can! It will be tough, the Spurs know that have to win this one. I want the "LET"S GO MAV'S!" fans to tear down the building when this one is over.

Last edited by left texas; 04-20-2009 at 04:02 AM.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2009, 03:51 AM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

For all intensive purposes, if the Spurs lose this game the series is likely over.

They'll be fighting for their lives. It's difficult to imagine the Mavs winning 2 in a row in their house.

But why the HELL not!

go mavs!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:10 AM   #3
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, 8:30. wtf.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Ugh, 8:30. wtf.
They are being very rough on our German friends!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

This is a trap game. The Mavs, technically, already got the win they wanted but they shouldn't let the Spurs have this one so easily. If the Mavs come out flat and get blown out, it could totally swing the momentum in the Spurs favor

So let's hope the coaching staff has prepared our guys for this. Give it all you got boys, they could be having one of those nights where they can't hit anything. It's basketball...you never know. It may be tough to win two in a row there, but it's not impossible

Let's hope JKidd is feeling better. I was a bit harsh on him last game but I didn't know of his stomach problems. Go get 'em tiger.

Go Mavs!!!
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching the Ducks wrap up winning the first two games in San Jose last night thinking "That is what we've gotta freaking do"

Let's get it done. It's going to be harder tonight. Pop will have made his adjustments, and they lost the first game of the playoffs the last three times they won titles, right?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

From the sound of it, I think our boys will be ready

Quote:
"I've been in this a lot," Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said. "Pop's a master. He's been through this a zillion times. You don't get too high or too low. They won't get too low. We won't get too high. We are a humble team. We know these games are going to be difficult. But we're hungry, and we're going to keep battling."
Quote:
"We knew we could come out here and get the win," J.J. Barea said. "I'm not going to lie – it was a good feeling. But we still know we've got a long way to go. We've got to beat them three more times. It's not an easy task. We've got to keep our heads and not get too excited."
Quote:
Added Erick Dampier: "We haven't done anything. We weren't out there ranting or raving about it. There wasn't anybody celebrating, because we didn't want that."
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

lets make this the last game the spurs play in san antonio this season! Get Josh some rest until the series against the nuggets starts.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I fully expect a loss tonight. Which is fine, you already got the one on the road.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #11
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect a loss, not that a loss is out of the question but I think the mavs chances of getting a w tonight are as good as they were in game 1. The manu-less spurs just aren't a team to be feared and I the think mavs know this deep down in their souls.

let us pray for victory.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #12
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

This is going to be a really tough but very important game. I'm certain SA will make the necessary adjustments. I'm hoping Rick will make counter moves and adjustments throughout the game.

Will be difficult but a win is attainable if they play with the same determination and heart that they have played with these past few weeks.

Go Mavericks!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #13
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I think we have a good chance to pull out this win. I think SA played their game and were beat at home with Kidd not at full speed. I think we take tonights game too.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Lets get another win from San Antonio!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Apr 20, 2009
Dallas @ San Antonio--M. Wunderlich; J. Forte; T. Washington

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

If the Mavs are going to win the game, it will be because of half-time adjustments. I fully expect to be down by double digits at the half.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

It wasn't too long ago these mavs were called old. Now commentators are calling the Spurs old. 11 for 14 from downtown worries me. However if the mavs contain Parker we win the series. We accomplished our goal take one from San Antonio in San Antonio a win tonight would just be gravy.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're going to learn something about Bass and Barea tonight. It's one thing to perform like that and surprise people. It's another to have the praise heaped upon you, increased attention from the other team, and to do it again.

If I'm Pop, I'm not buying any of it. I'm stopping Dirk and I'm stopping Jet and I bet Barea and Bass can't do any of it again. It's up to them to prove that theory wrong.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bass can hit those mid-rangers all game. He only took nine shots last game so it wasn't like the whole team banked on him playing/shooting well. And although Dirk and Jet were muted, it's not like they had bad shooting nights. They were not completely shut down.

The team mentality needs to be to play better than last game. The Mavs need to nail the gas and never let up.

CRUSH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #20
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think Pop might give George Hill some burn tonight as a counterpunch to JJB.

Mavs win a nail biter - 102-101 with JET being the player of the game.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I think we're going to learn something about Bass and Barea tonight. It's one thing to perform like that and surprise people. It's another to have the praise heaped upon you, increased attention from the other team, and to do it again.

If I'm Pop, I'm not buying any of it. I'm stopping Dirk and I'm stopping Jet and I bet Barea and Bass can't do any of it again. It's up to them to prove that theory wrong.
Agree 100%. The Spurs have to focus their effort on Dirk & Terry. If Bass and Barea are going to play that way all series, fine, you win.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I don't expect a loss, not that a loss is out of the question but I think the mavs chances of getting a w tonight are as good as they were in game 1. The manu-less spurs just aren't a team to be feared and I the think mavs know this deep down in their souls.

let us pray for victory.
What he said. I thought the Mavs would split the first two (although I thought they'd be winning Game 2), so I can't say I "expect" a win, but I think our chances are just about as good as in Game 1. Pop will make some nice adjustments, but so will Rick. As Larry Bird himself has said, Rick is one of the best X's and O's minds you'll ever see.

And, like alexa said, the Spurs just aren't that scary without Manu. They could still win the series, to be sure, but without his explosiveness they're such a different team.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is Barea and Bass can hit the shots they hit last game regularly. It isn't a fluke.

Bass won't score as much, mostly because he won't be getting the same minutes, given that it is unlikely that Dirk will be in foul trouble and play only 14 minutes the whole first half.

Barea is what he is, it is well documented. None of those shots he made were otherworldly. He can drive like that, and he can nail some 3's like he did.

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-20-2009 at 10:53 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep. This is very, very true.

And in reality you just can't expect them to keep up that level of play. There's a reason they're reserve players.

It's on Dirk and Jet to adjust and contribute more despite the defensive attention.

And it's on Josh to continue to bring what he's been bringing for a month now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #25
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's just nice to feel like (today, right now) we have some options out there that can score the ball.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-20-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

I think the Mavs lose this game here. Spurs are a veteran team with a veteran coach and they will not go down 2-0 at home. Spurs showed me a lot in game 1 that said they can dominate the game if they just keep up their play. I think it will be a close back and forth game and fun to watch.

I mean, when is the last time this Spurs team with Duncan and Pop have went down 2-0 in a series. And losing this game isn't the end of the world. Dallas plays great at home and they have home court in their favor. But 1 slip up at home and it goes back to the Spurs.

What I hope for tonight is for them not to play like they did back in 03 after they stole game 1 in SA. Came out flat and got blown out and gave the Spurs confidence. Don't want to swing momentum. And don't think your work is done because you already stole a game in SA. Take them both!

Spurs 102
Mavs 96
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Barea & Bass cool off tonight...

...but Wright & Singleton heat up!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Mavs 98
Spurs 95
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #29
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I bet Barea & Bass cool off tonight...

...but Wright & Singleton heat up!
If we have our bench step up and just get average games from Dirk, Howard Terry and Kidd, we are hard to beat. Our bench played MUCH better than the Spurs.

If we get good games from our bench and Dirk, Howard and Terry are on, we can easily beat anyone.

I want to see Dirk near 30 tonight and Jet up around 20. If that happens, I see good things.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #30
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
The thing is Barea and Bass can hit the shots they hit last game regularly. It isn't a fluke.

Bass won't score as much, mostly because he won't be getting the same minutes, given that it is unlikely that Dirk will be in foul trouble and play only 14 minutes the whole first half.

Barea is what he is, it is well documented. None of those shots he made were otherworldly. He can drive like that, and he can nail some 3's like he did.

One shot was. The falling forwards 20 foot jumper. But that was it.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #31
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I'm more worried about Barea than Bass. We know Bass can show up in a series considering how he was played last year in New Orleans.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #32
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. The point still stands, though: I don't think it is far fetched at all to expect them to put up some pretty good numbers tonight if that much attention is still being paid to Dirk and Jet.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #33
SirMyztiq

SirMyztiq is on a distinguished road

I was at the ATT center. We raised some SERIOUS hell.

LET'S GO MAVS!!

We gotta go out there and hit them in the mouth!
SirMyztiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #34
SirMyztiq

SirMyztiq is on a distinguished road

Or I should say ATT Barn. That place looks like cattle go there to get killed...Oh wait, the Spurs and their fans play there.

We gotta go out there and hit them in the mouth!
SirMyztiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #35
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

I don't see this game to be much harder than last one. In my opinion there are 3 key issues that will decide the game

1) SA focus on dirk and terry and the ability of our bench and josh to abuse that
2) damp's defense (esp on duncan) and wether he can stay out of foul trouble
3) Our ability to limit parker's drives and to force him into jumpshots (at least some of the time)

That being said - I won't be too disappointed if we lose tonight but I'm hoping for a 98-89 victory by the mavs tonight!
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #36
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

GL Left Texas! Lets get this win tonight.

I look for Jet to step it up tonight and pop the clutch!

This thing is going 7 games now.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-20-2009 at 12:13 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #38
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

All signs point to a game 2 victory for the Spurs, I just want us to keep it close so we may steal one at the end.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #39
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I also agree. The Spurs can't focus on Barea much more than they did other than trying to rotate better, they won't leave Terry open or play Dirk one on one. Or as Mike Fisher put it at db.com:

Quote:
DONUT 6: Having said that. … if Josh Howard is going to be a threat to score 25, who is supposed to guard Dirk?

It’s be nice for SA if Bowen could check Dirk.

They could really use Bowen on Josh.

In that previous meeting they needed Bowen on JJB.

On Saturday they used Bowen on Jet.

How many Bowens do they have? Unless they have four of them – and remember, this is a guy who was fading from the team’s rotation plans earlier this year – they don’t seem to have enough.

Now, can you count on 25 from Josh?
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs:97
Purses: 96

Bowen or Finley misses a wide open corner three for the win. Boom goes the dynamite....Mavs stunnnnn the purses!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain seargentry, chicken sandwich, for all intensive purpose, gdt 08/09, got a bit fluffy in here, happy 420 josh howard!, happy 420 to me!!!!, jah bless josh!, jh420, kneejerkdirkoff, oh well, sick and tire, this sucks